Crème de la Crème Developer Diary and Romance Guide (Spoilers)

Yep it does! There are questions about who (if anyone) was a love interest and who (if anyone) the CdlC MC got engaged to :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Whew…I was worried that certain endings (especially the ones that you would be unlikely to get on your first playthrough) would be locked out of the continuity.

That’s one reason why I wanted to have a different MC to allow for a wide breadth of endings. Plus I wanted to explore new characters!

10 Likes

I just recently finished my first playthrough of CdlC, so getting news about a new project in the CdlC universe so soon after is very exciting!

I’m happy that even though we won’t get to directly continue our CdlC story, we’ll still get to see some of the Creme PC. The main version of my character ended with an engagement to Rosario (bec what better way to restore the family name than to bag a prince? :crown: you gotta shoot for the stars, baby boo :sparkles:) so I’m crossing my fingers she’s doing well! :crossed_fingers:t4:

4 Likes

Ahh that’s fantastic! I’m glad you’re excited and looking forward to revisiting the world… Though it’ll be a little while till the game comes out!

1 Like

Here’s teaser 2 for the new project!

You’re the middle child of Queen Estell of Westerlin. That’s right, you’re a high ranking member of the royal family! Your younger brother is a young teen, your older sister is married, and you’re not officially engaged to anyone … yet.

vintage-bridal-accessories-SWalden-Mary-Rose-Andy-Platts

31 Likes

Finally, I can become the queen I knew I was meant to be. :star_struck:

7 Likes

So…do we get to see Gonzalez’s parents?

No need to answer if it’s a spoiler, I can wait. I think.

1 Like

Oh yeah!!!

I am now looking forward to this even more. I want to be a royal!

2 Likes

Posssssibly but I’ll hedge my bets (you can see how much I’m hedging by how much I’ve edited this post!) because I’m only on Chapter 3 at the moment and you never know… But you can meet their parents in Crème de la Crème if you go and stay with Gonzalez in the summer holidays!

1 Like

oh yo we get to vie for engagement in this one too?! YES let’s get it!

2 Likes

I’ve recently discovered CDLC and just when I thought that I had joined a dying party, thing lit up big time!!!

Loved the game, I’ve played all sorts of characters and gotten all kinds of endings. But no matter what I’m doing in my play-through, I can’t just not romance Hartmann; I feel like I’d be cheating!!

I’m personally no SJW, but credit where credit is due: the hyper-flexible gender system was a real grab; it allowed me to customize the characters to be the way I envisioned them, and made romancing everyone possible (not that I employed that latter aspect)

The writing was meticulous, and the story was coherent and expansive in breadth and depth. I just wish we could have enjoyed the denouement more as the story wrapped itself up very quickly in the end. Also I found hidden stats nice. After all, our character is not omniscient, and we sometimes just have to act based on how we think things will turn out to be.

I will avidly be following the development of the new game; I hope the cast will be just as diverse and the plot just as frivolously exciting! I’m already intrigued by how you can possibly merge the schools and maintain an authentic continuity :stuck_out_tongue:

Any idea how long it will be and how branched compared to cdlc? The more the merrier!

4 Likes

Hey @Julius_Caesar thank you for the kind comments and welcome to the forum! I’m so glad you enjoyed it and I totally get what you mean about the end wrap up being speedy - that’s something I’m working on carefully for the new project.

I don’t have much of an idea of how long it’ll be, I’m attempting to make it shorter than Crème, just because Crème got Out Of Control wordcount wise. (Like, out of control in such a way that the first chapter had to be divided in two - that’s why there’s a prologue.) This game is slated to be one chapter shorter with greater focus and weight given to certain aspects of it, and a bunch more things going on that are external to the school experience (since you’re a royal, that comes with politics). My aim is basically to have lots of branches that feel fleshed out! So far I’m hitting that… Whether it will do that while also being shorter is anyone’s guess!

9 Likes

So it is purely an administrative and oversight merge, two schools sharing one school board and one director but, to use modern terminology, still having a separate principal for each school with their own faculty who run the day to day stuff in practical terms?

2 Likes

I’m excited to see how this changes the dynamic of mc’s interactions and relationships with others, compared to Crème de la Crème’s mc who is a relative nobody. Even with their notoriety they had one advantage: it’s easier to tell where you stand with people who have nothing to gain from sucking up to you.

Will the royal mc have to deal with more fake friends and treacherous social pitfalls? Will their status be a blessing, a curse, or both? I can’t wait to see.

6 Likes

This, as I think that compared to even the Zaledo royals the Westerlin royal family is extremely stuffy and traditional and thus stifling.
If that still holds true and there is someone cute like Karson to romance this game my mc may very well go for it.

1 Like

That’s a good way of summing it up, yeah! There’s also a couple of other factors that will be taken into account.

Definitely! Something I’ve been really enjoying is making things feel challenging/high stakes even though you have a lot of power straight off. It’s a really different feel!

I look forward to seeing who you end up going for! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Teaser 3:

You have brought your pet to Archambault Academy with you!

You can choose between a bird of prey…

…a horse or pony…
TE010077_P

… or a dog!

And for each type of pet, you can choose between a variety of breeds which affect their temperament, affection levels, steadiness and trainability.

You can hang out with your pet for comfort or fun, and also compete in trials with her to get prizes and more status!

24 Likes

1.) I thought you wrote, “horse of pony,” and I laughed a bit harder at that than was necessary.

2.) PLEASE tell me the dog can be a pug.

4 Likes

As do I!

Well we are only the spare and therefore not seriously expected to ever ascend the throne ourselves.
With the royal family having three kids I can easily see how being stuck in the middle as the spare could be the worst of all worlds, with the older sister getting all of the attention and public adoration while the youngest one may get a whole lot more freedom. Whereas if the family treats the mc like the traditional spare they’d be expected to train for something they will realistically never have to do while also needing to prepare for a career switch in middle age, once the oldest of sister’s children reaches the age of maturity and the mc’s use as a spare well and truly ends.:unamused:

Aww…no cute and colourful parrot then. :disappointed:

1 Like