Crazycodgie3's possible game ideas - vote over

I Will Vote For heaven Hell and Death

YAY! Ethereal War for the win!

lol. It’s Ethereal War.

1 Like

Worry not, I fully intend to add in an option for that for those who want to, (Vlad the Impaler and Ghengis Khan come to mind), as well as the inverse; to be as peaceful/merciful as possible if they want.

4 Likes

Either 2 or 3 sound like good options to me. With emphasis on choice 3 I think this sounds like an extremely cool idea. 1 sounds good as well although you are not the first to think of this sort of story. It still would be possible to complete this story but it would be more difficult as you would have to make it different from all the other stories like this (there are more than SoS I believe).

For me i like 3 we dont have a lot of those games yet being a spirit and all, 1 there a game similar to it or i think its similar while 2 is really common being mages and stuff also you might want to put a poll for this thread so we can vote.

Good luck with the story author

Hello everyone, it’s time for update #2! If you’ve been keeping track of all the votes like I have, then you probably already know that we have a winner, but first, I’d like to say one last time that I appreciate all of your votes. Now, as of this post, Ethereal War is yet again in the lead, but this time with a more substantial lead over the others. I think it’s safe to say that Ethereal War is the definite winner here. It’s actually surprising that it turned out like this, the first few votes made it look like HHD was going to win, but after what everyone has said about HHD having some competition and the fact that angels and demons are kind of overused, I’m glad that Ethereal War was to your liking. Thank you all, and because I’m both slightly obsessed and a bit of a workaholic, I’ll begin working on Ethereal War very soon. In the meantime, please feel free to make any suggestions for anything you’d like me to add in, and I’ll see you all soon.

4 Likes

Those are all worthy games but I would give my vote to Ethereal War above all the others. For one its unique in the sense that you are essentially a kingmaker, by bestowing your gifts you change the course of history (always great to see) and has serious Greek vibes coming from it. If your fellow gods favour certain states, they could certainly politick around gaining your aid for their side with severe repercussions if you yourself favour a people or nation. The climax could even be something like the Trojan War where your half-breed bastards fight it out among themselves to reshape the map of the world as they know it.

I have to say that the other two do raise one concern with me; that they are effectively binary in nature. Eldest Blood as described seems to reward a player heavily for being evil, Evil or EVIL. Why play a vagrant and keep your humanity when you could be a king, a god or a god-king? It just sounds boring and there will probably need a good deal of work just to make the good path viable as a story.

As for Heaven, Hell and Death. Well after you play all three sides, I worry that there will be very little replay value after that. Why would the Grim Reaper choose either side and not act on his own wishes? What could they possibly offer HIM? I mean it could be very interesting if DEATH is the voice of reason and trying to stop the forces of Heaven and Hell from annihilating everything. After all, no one asked him his opinion on Judgement Day. You could also tickle a lot of Terry Prachett fans by having Death TALK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. He’s not shouting but as the Grim Reaper, his words are always portentous and thus in all caps.

That is an excellent idea, and one that I will try to add in. Obviously, if I add in this idea, then I will also add in a more peaceful variant for those who want to go that route. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thank you for your vote, and that is a good idea for my story that I hadn’t thought of until now.

I gotta go with #3, because it sounds awesome

Hello everyone! I know it’s been a while since the last update, and i’ll probably make this the last one for a while, but I just wanted to let you all know that i’ve been working on Ethereal War, and that its coming along pretty well so far. I’ve been having fun actually putting my ideas into physical form, and will continue to build the story up as time goes on. Hopefully i’ll have some form of a demo ready in the near future, but it’s still going to take a while, so all I ask is that you all be patient. Thank you all, and i’ll see you next time!

6 Likes

Hello hello, it’s been quite a long time since I’ve posted an update, and I figure that now would be as good a time as any to give you all an update. It’s been rather fun learning choicescript and even more fun actually putting my ideas into an actual story. As for my progress, I’ve made some pretty good strides into the story so far, but I’ve still got to do some ironing out to ensure its all up to good quality. That being said, a demo isn’t too far behind the polishing, I’d say that you can expect an early demo about a week or two from now, it won’t be too long, but it’ll be there soon. Thank you all!

5 Likes

Can I just say: Yay! :grin: I can’t wait to read it.

Hello everyone, been quite some time hasn’t it? Allow me to get straight to the point by saying that the promised demo is going to be a bit delayed. Life is a bit of a pain at times, and now is one of those times. Due to circumstances, I’ve been unable to work on the story nearly as much as I would have liked, and the demo isn’t complete just yet. However, do not despair! I refuse to give up on making this story, and will do everything in my power to get this demo out to you as quickly as possible! I can say that at the moment, the demo is nearly complete, and will take just a bit longer to finish, and i’m anxious to see what you guys think of it. Bloodshed, fighting, and more will come soon! To end it off, next time you see me update this, I swear that there will be a demo. Until next time.

3 Likes

I would vote for the first idea.

The voting has ended… :wink:

2 Likes