Court of Harts (Low-fantasy court intrigue || Last Update 8/28/2021)

I’m looking forward to this! I already love House Bellerose and Duciel.

2 Likes

Interesting, I hope to try this when the demo is reworked

2 Likes

What I really love is that the looks of our MC are commented on! Something that is rarely done, especially when the choice of heterochromia is given, but no one comments on it even if it is rare, which is really awesome!
Also the unique families of the different houses are all great and feel real!
Overall the whole game is very nicely written and I love it so far!

11 Likes

Oohh loving this already! Excited to follow this through💖

1 Like

Goodness. All of the names remind me of fire emblem fates characters.

With all of the customization that actually matters. Color me interested.

1 Like

So far I’m interested in House Duciel, Blackwoodand Bellerose in that order while I don’t have an opinion on House Ashworth.
Duties I put first because my interaction with my dad are really similar to MC and his most of the time
Blackwood because I like underdogs

2 Likes

Wow, this is right my kind of story! Historical fantasy with court intrigue and romance set in a renaissance-like era? I’m in!

Very interested by the fact that we can choose our character’s family as well as the difference in dynamics each family offers (since the MC can be the heir in one background but not in another). Pretty sure that’s going to be a lot of work for you so kudos for taking the challenge and my best wishes!!

For the moment, the Blackwoods and the Belleroses are the families that caught my interest the most. Geneviève really sold her family to me, I really enjoyed the interactions with her as a sibling, and I’m a sucker for floral aesthetics and the arts. And on the other side I’m even more of a sucker for dark aesthetics and the Blackwood’s plot really caught my interest, so I hope to be able to read the full introduction to know more about their dynamics.

I do agree with some of the previous comments that making the reader choose a family feels a bit strange since most people would start the game with no info about them.

Looking forward to this a lot! :+1:

16 Likes

Loving this story!

1 Like

I can’t wait to delve into the demo I’ve been following this story on tumblr <3

1 Like

Kinda weird if you play Duciel and have golden eyes. Why would you be replaced? Also what would happen if you had heterochromatic eyes but one of them is golden?

1 Like

I don’t think we would be replaced, per se, since we’re the eldest of the golden bunch (sounds weird), so we are the heir to the estate. Although being the right-hand to the monarch may change that.

I guess the feeling of being replaced is coming from the innate jealousy within the our PC, since our father isn’t giving us much attention as he used to when we were the only heir. So yeah, natural to assume that some of the father’s gestures towards our PC is maybe misinterpreted without realizing it so.

We can’t have the golden eye option when we chose hetero-chromatic eyes.

But I assume that the situation would be same, even with a golden eye.

On a different note, welcome to the forum @Nadelesc.

2 Likes

Very interesting! Really liked the demo. Also tend to lean Bellarose but the Duciel is interesting and a lot of potential drama between the MC and Father… Really enjoyed it and having both in the capital playing politics might get, well, interesting! Hopefully Amos knows what he is doing in that case.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what house ashworth would be like

3 Likes

“where the language and culture are a mix of Renaissance France and England, the fashion is a mix of Renaissance and Elizabethan, and the architecture is Rococo.”
BEST SETTING EVER

19 Likes

What of a character being able to have purple eyes?

3 Likes

I’m reading the demo now and have a quick question! I might’ve missed this in the thread, if so, sorry!

I saw the House descriptions in the OP and was wondering if you intend to include those in-game, like in the stats area maybe?

2 Likes

Finished reading and excited to see where this goes. Sad the demo is so short for now! Played House Bellerose and I really like that you’ve included a trans NPC.

The only note I have is it felt weird to me that I was creating the MC as a magnetic, attention-loving lady and then she managed to get overshadowed by her brother at her own ball… it felt a little like, “How?” But maybe it’s more of a testament to her brother’s charm???

Also, I found a minor typo:

It should just say “was mingling with guests”

Other than that, love the writing so far and am excited to see what you write next!!

4 Likes

Hey, shouldn’t the father be pleased when the MC has golden eyes when we choose House Duciel?

1 Like

This has been addressed already.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! :grinning:

2 Likes