Court of Harts (Low-fantasy court intrigue, demo posted 7/29/2020)

Well that was short, I’m excited when the rework is done!
The ruined House of Blackwood is the one I’m most excited about. Is there any chance for this ruined house to “Rise from the Ashes”?

6 Likes

This smells like an Ace Attorney reference to me…

8 Likes

They are the House I am most interested in too!

2 Likes

Looking forward to this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the premise and character customisation!

1 Like

It’s not possible to have golden heterochromia, sorta sums down to Angel genes > Everything else.

As for being replaced, let me try to explain this right. It’s really got nothing to do with MC having golden eyes or them being obedient or anything. Sure they can excel at first, but no matter what when the younger kids come into the picture they take priority. MC isn’t completely ignored, and for that matter neither were Rosalie and Olivier, but Bastien’s idea of raising kids is that they don’t have to love or even like him, he just has to teach them what he thinks they need to learn. The way he sees it is as a competition, and if MC wants to be the favorite again, they gotta work harder.

And ye part of what @moonfungus said is correct! If MC was the golden child, they’re just not special anymore cause the twins and Emery have golden eyes now too.

Amos is making a horrible decision and he damn well knows it :sob: :raised_hand:

Not possible within the lore, but you’re free to your headcanons!

I do! Hopefully make it clearer what each route is about.

Sadly Albién is just that good at grabbing people’s attention :pensive: :v: And thank you for pointing out the typo! I’ll get it fixed right up!

The way I have it planned, yes!

15 Likes

Ok. I will make some goldeneyed characters.

6 Likes

Promising story line, I’m intrigued, will be waiting for the next update! Please keep up the good work, and good luck!

1 Like

Excited for this one xx

2 Likes

Just now tried out the demo. It’s a really intriguing story. Also, love the options for customisation.

I noticed one error:
When I first select House Bellerose, and then select ‘no’, it still proceeds ahead with the story and chooses that we’re House Duciel.

1 Like

I’d love to keep screenshots, but it keeps saying ‘Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.’

2 Likes

System doesn’t trust you enough, since you have Trust Level 1 (“Basic”). Hang around for a bit, post some things and it’s going to eventually let you post screenshots.

6 Likes

i love the game!

i couldn’t save tho

1 Like

That’s a very odd error, thanks for pointing it out! It’s fixed now!

I have no idea what that was caused by, but it’s fixed! And I added more save slots to account for multiple playthroughs.

5 Likes

I checked it out, it’s fixed, but now apparently I’m unable to select the other two houses listed below it, i.e. Ashworth and Blackwood. :sweat_smile: They’re both grayed out.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s on purpose. The routes aren’t ready and they weren’t supposed to be available yet. Hopefully they will be soon tho!

11 Likes

This was great! Even tho the demo was short u had me hooked and I want more :joy: don’t stress yourself too much tho!!

6 Likes

I absolutely love how subtly cannon options were implemented. I love the guidance of what the lore appropriate options are, while still keeping emersion and the ability to deviate. Honestly that alone is brilliantly done and is something I will probably end up emulating. Had to take a break just after character description to comment on that. Sad to see as has been mentioned that the second two house options are greyed out. Can’t wait to see what they contain. You’ve done a great job on this from what I’ve read and all the positive comments here. Can’t wait to see how this continues to evolve.

3 Likes

Wait canon options? How can you tell that?

1 Like

There is a save slot problem in that the save slots aren’t for this game only. I remember that creators need to assign save slots for their own games, or dashington just assigns common save slots that can be used between all non-save-specific games. So when we open this game for the first time, the save slots can already be occupied with save files of different games we have previously played on dashington. I do not know how to set save slots for your specific game, but it should be simple coding for many games do it :slight_smile:

Also, damn I cannot wait to see more lore! I’m super curious about what we will face through in the future updates, thanks for the interesting demo!

1 Like