County fair writing WRIMO Write a game to keep the mood in this times

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Today It was busy so I only get the 1,000 words doing. I will try to get more tomorrow.
Total 5,424

4 Likes

Despite putting lots of time into the game yesterday and today, I’m a little behind on my word count. That’s okay though, since this whole thing is just a gentle reminder to keep going each day.

I was working on fixing errors and smoothing out plotlines through the story, which doesn’t translate to a lot of words. It’s still necessary work though, since it makes the game better and closer to completion. :slight_smile:

New Word Count : 783 (yesterday) and 1,201 (today)
Total (for this challenge) : 6,083 / 50,000

4 Likes

Anything you write is a victory. Lucid.

5 Likes

Today I write 1,200 words but most were from planning several projects and that stuff so I won’t count them as writing still I am happy to report that plans go well

3 Likes

Today’s Word Count: 2,484
Total (for this challenge): 8,552 / 50,000
(Remember, 50k for Apr. 30 is just an estimate to finish the rough copy.)

Thanks! It feels that way, being isloated with 2 kids, a wife, and a needy doggo. Any time spent writing is a small victory. :smiley:

Lots of words today, as suspected. I was writing fresh, new story, instead of correcting old stuff. I’m sure this bunch is riddled with mistakes too, but I’ll fix them another day.

4 Likes

Today 1,800 words
so Total 6,224
I am working on a special small project that I want to post a link here soon.

5 Likes

Today’s Word Count: 822
Total (for this challenge): 9,374 / 50,000
(Remember, 50k for Apr. 30 is just an estimate to finish the rough copy.)

A little less than normal, but not bad. Today’s my wife’s birthday, so I’m happy I got anything at all done today. Well, time to let the kids bake something, which means I get an afternoon of kitchen cleaning. :slight_smile:

April 1st is Wednesday, in case anyone is thinking of joining. Although, no reason you can’t start a day or two early. Write on!

4 Likes

Today I made 1,500 words and 837 of them were placed in an entire branch about cooking a Spanish omelette. That with several choices can end up on the floor broken down.
It is curious trying to write a recipe like it were a story and integrates characters and choices into it.
so Total 7,724

2 Likes

Today 1,200 words and I am wrapping this surprise project.
Total 8,924

2 Likes

I’ll be unofficially tracking progress on one of my projects in this thread for the month. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great, Welcome to the tracking

3 Likes

I have a target to meet too. From tomorrow, I hope to be fully involved. I’ll take today to plan things out.

Have a WIP that I’ve been working on for over a year. I’m a slow writer and I’ve been very busy with life. For the first time I have almost nothing to do.

Target: 29,000 words
1k words a day starting from April 2nd

5 Likes

Awesome @Eiwynn and @Array Thanks for joining us!

Anyone else want to start an unofficial April Wrimo? :slight_smile: It’s a great motivational tool.

Today and Yesterday’s Word Counts: 0 and 90
Total (for this challenge): 9,464/ 50,000
Status: Behind Again for April 30th Completion (Says I’ll be done on May 10th now!)
(Remember, 50k for Apr. 30 is just an estimate to finish the rough copy, it may take more or possibly less.)

No writing yesterday. :frowning: My work-at-home is being ramped up, although it should remain less than normal, so I’m not giving up on this challenge yet. :slight_smile:

And only 90 words today, but that’s another deceptive one. I’ve been dragging my feet over reworking the cybernetic/psionic system, but I redid it all today. It’s much more functional now and it should work great for the remainder of the game.

But… it doesn’t translate into words written. It also doesn’t really translate into finishing my rough copy, since it’s not a forward momentum with the story, although it needed to be done though, so it’s not lost hours. So… victory!!!

5 Likes

Yeah, changes in plannings and mechanics are shit for word account, as they look like you didn’t anything. However, that will help you immensely later to organize the game and make it better

3 Likes

Today 1,533 words.
Total 10,427

4 Likes

Today’s Word Counts: 984
Total (for this challenge): 10,448/ 50,000
Status: Behind Again for April 30th Completion (Still says I’ll be done on May 10th)
(Remember, 50k for Apr. 30 is just an estimate to finish the rough copy, it may take more or possibly less.)

Finished a mini-scene and began the next. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Today’s New Word Count: 0
Total New Word Count: 0
Status: I hit a snag in setting up my workflow for my project management. The three main apps I use for developing CS games are Scrivener, Notepad++ and CSIDE.

I’m trying to set up autonomous stand-alone work-flows for each project, but it looks like I’ll need to do more manual file manipulation than I had hoped. I shall spend one more day trying to figure out things on my own.

Losing a day of writing is o.k., if I can make up the time in future efficiency and better development practices.

My ultimate goal is to be able to have 3-5 active projects running at the same time.

5 Likes

Today 1500 words
Global 11,927

4 Likes

Today, 1’3k
Total 13,227

And the requested Kid game is done It is currently in the process of edition and I have to add the artwork. But the game itself is done. Now, I have to switch mindset to return games of more adult content

5 Likes