Countdown to World's End [cancelled]

Guys, guys. No murdering each other. Yet. Wait till the end, when your powers have increased awesomely. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I like the cut of your jib @ParrotWatcher

Hm? Why?
@ParrotWatcher Everyone knows the only special power in a world of superpowers is the power to take others’ powers/strengths.

Superhero cliches that should be referenced… the unstoppable comic relief character, falling into a vat of nuclear waste then when you finally crawl out your bitten by a radioactive scorpion after finding out, your father casts you from Asgard to save yo from an exploding planet?<== Most common origin story right here. I’m honesty not sure right now. I guy with super strength breaking his limbs when he punches. A person who can steal powers but has no one to use it on. A guy with a useless room temperature black flame.

Because you defiled my words. Therefore you must die

Technically, the MC’s flame is room temperature (at least, that’s how they feel it), but it still burns.

So, obviously it won’t be the MCs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You’ll have to wait to find out their origin story, though.

(And please @Bluestar, I don’t want to be the guy who keeps telling people not to derail threads, especially given my own track record, but could we keep the role-playing to a minimum? Thanks. :smile:)

1 Like

Sorry all mighty @ParrotWatcher

It was a reference to an anime where a group of friends got overpowered abilities except for the main character who got a useless room-temperature black flame. And even when he managed to be able to use it as a weapon it took his hand although he was happy with it because it looked cool.[quote=“ParrotWatcher, post:25, topic:21666”]
So, obviously it won’t be the MCs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You’ll have to wait to find out their origin story, though.
[/quote]

:cry: but all the powers left unstolen!
Is it the tragic dead boyfriend origin story cliche?

Whats the anime that your referencing in the game that im talking about while trying not derail

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace-anime-manga-light novel
Main character has 8th grader syndrome.

@ParrotWatcher How often are you planning on working on this like compared to Tot3m Force while its still actively being written?

just to let you know i realized what you’re referencing from :wink:

i know one story/manga/anime with this ability, though im pretty sure its a different references from you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i guess he did mention he will finsh Totem Force first… not sure though

We don’t talk about those here. :expressionless:

I’m spending the majority of time on Totem Force… but that’s getting very complicated right now, and so it almost feels like I’m writing far more for Countdown

Thanks for telling me the name of the anime which was referenced in the game that this thread is about

It’s not referenced in the game. (I’d never even heard of it before.)

And you don’t have to link every comment back to the game. Just don’t spend half your comments threatening to kill @Dark_Stalker (tempting though it may be). :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey is countdown in the same world as totem force

I thought the room temperature was a reference

He was asking for superhero cliches that should be referenced, I picked a black flame so it came to mind.

No. Totem Force happens in a world mostly like ours, albeit a small unspecified time in the future. Countdown is set in a very different world from ours, but at about this time.

Nah. @Dark_Stalker was referencing the anime, and I was just explaining how (unintentionally) similar the MC’s power was. (Admittedly, it’s not really a cliche if it’s only used in one anime. ;P)

1 Like

No, but I figured there is running gag with people born with nearly useless powers in worlds like these. Like an Aquaman or Mantis Man.

Who would ever be tempted to kill me? :innocent: Well maybe a dead boyfrie- sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You mean “Superman who can breath underwater and control all sea-life” Aquaman, or an Aquaman who’s actually useless? There will probably be mention of such people, but they generally either don’t become heroes, or die very quickly.

Maybe… :smirk: I will not force you to be good, although certain characters might try.