Cosmic Proportions

@Hell_Satan,

Thanks very much! Yeah, the demo link is going to be updated in about a week. The one that is currently available only has a couple ways to move at this point (The Labyrinth being one of them). I’m working on coding two more full story lines and should have that done shortly.

HI Lamia_Lamia,

Every Friday, I will have a new update. Thanks for asking, as that information could be pretty useful :smile:

What game are you planning to make after this one, i hope its a evolution game!

Hey Nukeboom123,

You know, I think I might expand on a labyrinth game, as I’ve enjoyed doing some chapters with that in this game…I don’t know. Evolution might be a good canon to stick to though…good idea!

Thanks!

Just to clarify, this Friday won’t have an update, as the next section of the game I’ll have for the demo is a war between gods and there are six possible chapters to it.
Hope it’s worth the wait and thanks for those who are willing to play it :slight_smile:

Update demo is now available!

GAME

I’m so terribly sorry for the delay, as I had a few personal emergencies that had to be addressed.
The area that has been added is called “War Path.” So, it you want to play these stories out, all you have to do is follow the choices that say (War Path) at the end of them.
Currently, I am going through the code with a fine tooth comb, especially for the unknown characters that show up as ? inside a diamond.
Also, as I am going to be adding images to help the next few levels that I will be adding shortly, I was hoping someone could let me know the .js to add an jpeg image?
Thanks so much, and any feedback is highly appreciated!
Cheers!

I apologize for the delays in the game demos. There have been a few new project responsibilities, including a new Masters Degree that have taken up some of my extra time. As this game is one of my highest priorities, I will continue to work diligently towards finishing it, however, I predict that it won’t be until Q3 of 2015 when the artwork and the entire story is done. I hate having to push this back further, but I want this to be a great gaming experience. Thanks to those who’ve helped me out. I really do appreciate it.

I will continue to post new demos when full chapters are completed.
Cheers

1 Like

I have completed the design for the game and have been showing it off at PAX Prime in Seattle. I have attached the final image to this message. Also, I am releasing the actual name of the game itself, as Cosmic Proportions was the project name. I am calling this game “The Iron Destinies.”

I am now 90% done with the text, and will be done with the other in-game images by the end of October. If all goes well, the game will be done by mid to late November.

2 Likes

Thankfully, the entire story is complete and is coded. The game is going through the editing process along with the final creation of the images. By February 1st, the game will be fully edited and complete. I will be putting out a small demo to play at that time.

This has been quite the process, as I had no idea how much time goes into a project like this.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice in this forum, as it has been entirely helpful and appreciated!

Good work!

Are you going to try getting it a hosted game?

I’m going to try and get it hosted, yes.
Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion on the matter? Do you have any pros/cons on hosting or self-publishing?