Cosmic Proportions

One thing you could do, in the opening sequence of choices, is have a line here and there about where you are inside the star, assuming Fe is supposed to know this. That would give you some sort of measuring stick as you go through the questions. I don’t remember precisely how you write it now, so I apologize if you’ve done this and I’m just forgetting it. But as I think through how the game went, I’m thinking that it might have helped to simply see the occasional line like “you’re caught in a current pulling you down towards the core,” or “you’re entering a chaotic terrain where a mass ejection could send you hurtling into the nascent solar system at any moment.” Or something much shorter and less descriptive if Fe isn’t actually supposed to know what’s happening…

I felt happy when i tried the demo!

Im eagerly waiting for more choices to be available!

Thank you, Xhandas! I am working as quickly as I can to get more out :smile:
I’m going to update the demo in a couple weeks with many more options. My goal is to get the game complete with all achievements listed in a month…November 1st is my goal.

1 Like

I sincerely hope the best for you as I do to all the writers who strive to craft their worlds as best they can!

This is a verrrrryyyy interesting game! Playing as a conscious planet! Amazing~

Just to give an update, I have been working on a portion of the game that is a four-level labyrinth. I just completed the first part and should be done with the other three in the next couple weeks. I will add that to the demo by the end of this month, which will be the last edition of the demo before the game is hopefully released. With the labyrinth as big as it is so far, the entire games should exceed 120K words.

Thanks to those who took the time to play the demo so far, I really appreciate it!
Cheers!

1 Like

Whoaaaaaa!! Keep up the awesome work !

Look forward to seeing the demo!

I am happy to say that the Labyrinth is complete and can be accessed at this link:

GAME

There are a few punctuations that come up as “?” in the game and I am still seeking them out (these are only for quotation marks and apostrophes) I have also put markers that say “Labyrinth Path” on the choices for you to be able to directly access the labyrinth.

I hope you guys like it; please let me know what you think.

I am in the process of finalizing the story, which is exceeding 100k words right now.

Thank you again for the support!

I love how this game is shaping up. There was a point as I was heading towards the labyrinth section where I thought “this is pretty sweet” or something like that.

However . . . I got bogged down in the labyrinth. Each time I selected a stone path I got a new page with lots of text, then a choice with a couple more options, then a new page with lots of text, and the process repeated ad infinitum. Maybe that’s the point – you are calling it a “labyrinth,” after all, and even a simpleton like me understands what that means. Nevertheless I stopped reading the text closely after a while and then stopped reading it altogether, except to scan it just to see whether it looked more or less like whatever came before. Are there clues embedded in there that I’m missing? Is there an end?

@distracteddad
Your honesty is very helpful, as I was going through the labyrinth wondering if there was too much text. In answer to your question, there is an end and there are hints.

There are four areas to the entire labyrinth, each one has twenty-three “pages” to them.

Here are a couple hints:

SPOILER ALERT**
FOR OTHERS READING THIS, DON’T READ IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE THE LABYRINTH WITHOUT HELP

Keep watch as to how many choices there are in each stage. For example, if a particular area has three options, that is typically the one that you want to choose to go on the right path, such as THREE BLACK STONES. The others will lead you astray.

In the Mountain stage, which is the second stage, right after the Swamp, make sure to pay attention to the color of the glowing lights of the cauldrons that light your way…they are a clue as well.

Hope this helps out

Cool thanks. I was trying different combinations of choices, like never picking the black stones or always picking two stones regardless of color, but it didn’t get me anywhere.

I’m trying to be honest, of course, simply to give you the most helpful feedback possible. I really like the concept and the execution. And if I say the labyrinth confuses me but 4 other people say they love it the way it is, let’s say, then I’m only 20% anyway and you can ignore me.

UPDATE

The game is a month away from being done. Those who have played the demo gave me some good advice as to how to keep the game playable: This biggest piece being that of incorporating a hint system when the player gets to the labyrinth and needs assistance.
Currently, there are over forty endings to the game, and I foresee about twenty more. May 1st is my deadline to have this complete and for those who have helped with the demos, I thank you!

1 Like

The…the last post was 24 days ago…

Hey guys,

I am going to reload the demo. For some reason, my web hosting went through an interesting change, and some of my pages died on me. I will get this done either tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry about that!

Also, just for an update, I have 90% of the game done and there are seven distinct story lines with over 70 different endings.

Depending on the choices made, you can end up in a solar system that is actually a large machine; there is the storyline that has you part of a race of microscopic creatures and you are their savior…or their doom; there is the labyrinth planet; there is a planet that is haunted; you play god in a couple of other storylines, and there are a couple storylines that have you be part of an enchanted weapon. There is also one where you are a planet…good times!

Here is the link to the game for the demo:

DEMO

I recommend using Firefox if you can. It has worked in the past with Chrome and IE, but not all the time. Firefox seems to be the best to use.

In a week or two, I will put up an updated demo with three full paths.

Thank you for pointing that out :smile:

I just fixed the Restart button…I must have loaded an earlier version of the alertify.js.

Cheers!

That was quite interesting :slight_smile: different, which is good, I somehow picked the path that had yet to be done so it was quite short, but like where it’s headed

Thank you DreamWalker :smile:
There are going to be some storylines that are shorter than others, like 30 cells, but there are some that go on for a hundred, as well…it depends on the choice, of course!

Thanks for trying it out!

Neat.
I’m always in the market for something different, so I can definitely say once done Id like to get it :slight_smile:

Update!!!

Alpha stage of the game is complete, as all story-lines are blocked out and finished. I lost count, but I think there are about 70 endings and 8 main stories / destinies. For the next month, I will be coding everything and it is my goal that by June 14th, the Beta Stage will be complete.

Another goal of mine is to have a weekly updated demo for people to play.

Cheers and have a great weekend!!

4 Likes