Corruptant - Shattered Mind: WIP (Working Tittle) [Updated 11/25/2022]

@ThousandLostSouls looking good so far overall but so have a few instances of being referred to as his when playing a female character.

Now back to game I go lol

1 Like

Will look into it ^^

1 Like

Fixed, thanks ^^

1 Like

Still looking forward to seeing even more :smiley:

Yet will say the pov switch feels a bit rough I think because the character interactions involved all the newly introduced characters lol or maybe because tired and getting over being sick

1 Like

Hi! I don’t know if it was mentioned, but here:

One more:

Both of them appear when I am talking to Tarragon

2 Likes

Thank you, they are both fixed ^

1 Like

1 Like

Finally, I’ve been waiting for a game where we can be an eldritch horror and/or a cultist to eldritch entities!

4 Likes

I’m not sure that I understood the (first? Don’t know if there’s more than one) POV swap scene. It seems like it is actually exactly the same time period that just happened but from the perspective of another character also in the room? It feels like this weird backwards time jump. Or maybe I’m just totally lost what’s happening or who’s there.

EDIT: Ok, after rereading it, I was definitely confused who was there, but I think I still am. Are Sol and/or Eris in the same room as me when I meet Hayden?

From what I gathered they are all introduced to us at the same time… then they go to do something else save with sol and our mc… Then comes the pov switch…where it seems like all the new people interact with one another then we and sol go to them in there new dimension pocket type space. Where we all interact one more time before everyone separates to do there various tasks.

1 Like

Oh, hm. That definitely conflicts with my understanding, which involved the MC literally being dragged with them. Maybe it was supposed to be figurative dragging.

Will play again of course when I get a free moment but I will try to see it what it looks like when I go through again.

They are all with you in the warehouse room initially but only Eris and Hayden are talking. They leave with everyone while you hover around with Sol.

I’ll see if I can do anything to make it a bit smoother

5 Likes

Hey everyone!

This one took a while because it got in the middle of some student stuffs - I managed to push it out and I now present to you Chapter 3!

We have a purpose for the sanity stat and how it could possibly change future incursions/battles and exploration.

We get to see what we should expect from the other world just beyond ours, and possibly even a hint at a new character stepping into the story. We learn more about what some of them might be hiding.

And if Sol is really being honest.

I am aware that there were some complaints about the POV swap in chapter 2 and I didn’t touch it at all yet due to me just being focussed on getting Chapter 3 rolling. Sorry. I will get to it pretty soon!

On another note, I did format my PC and had to use my backups which weren’t updated to the most recent versions so some old issues might just pop up. I am sorry for that, I tried to find the old issues and fixed most of them.

Feel free to leave some criticisms, and as always, I really hope you enjoy the next chapter :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I love this story, it’s so good! it’s interesting, the characters are interesting (I got my eyes on Sol and Eiris), and the world…Woot! Just make me wanna dive head first and go ‘Dying? Who cares…just let me see what’s on the other side!’’

Wishing you all the best! :hugs:

4 Likes

Am glad you like it and thank you!

3 Likes

Just telling the truth, I usually have a hard time with 1st person view (be it in visual games or text-based) but this had me hooked from the get-go!

Btw, you said you are planning on making a world that you can expand upon and such. Any chances we can like say, play the past of the characters? Or are those gonna be implemented? (Though that would and could derail the story lol).

Meaning, as a prequel (Is that what is called?) where you get to play as Sol and lose your powers. Then play as Eris and walk her path with differences of what could have been and such???

3 Likes

The idea for this story is to make it as vast as possible where we won’t just explore your story but everyone else’s (if you want to, think of it as loyalty missions in mass effect or companion missions in every other game). Whether you play the past characters is not going to be in this game but I can post little snippets about it eventually.

As for the world in its entirety, I hope to make it as stable as I can to allow future games set in the same setting for different stories (well at least that is what I am hoping for)

3 Likes

Ohh I’m sold! Take mah Money already! :grin:

2 Likes