8 Likes

Can you add violet eyes if thatā€™s not a problem? :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll add it in the next update for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aaaach, thank you <3

1 Like

Ohh this is VERY good!
I really like the way you wrote the hallucinations and the story in general, thatā€™s some good horror there! It feels like claustrophobia, despair, hopelessnessā€¦
Iā€™m looking forward to read more! Thanks for sharing your work with us! :smiling_face:

6 Likes

And thank you for your kind words! Should have more ready pretty soon ^^

5 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying it, though I have to admit the hallucinations really make me uncomfortable, to say the very least. Not much tends to do that, at least when written, so good job? Theyā€™re very similar to how my intrusive thoughts and the very mild hallucinations that come with tend to getā€¦ But hey, Iā€™m really interested in the story itself so Iā€™m gonna muscle through it :grinning:

4 Likes

I am glad you are enjoying it despite the fact that it can be a little uncomfortable to read. But thanks for the support ^^

2 Likes

The hallucinations were well written, the way induce it all is different though good.

1 Like

The story and setting have a lot of potential. I like the way you describe the hallucinations, they seem very vivid and terrifying.

A bit of advice that I can give you in regards to structuring your story. I noticed that you split the game into a lot of scene files. While this may feel like itā€™s easier to follow, it comes at a cost. If you play the demo, you will notice that you will get the loading indicator in the bottom right quite often. If you use labels to jump around to different parts of the same scene, this issue will be resolved. From what Iā€™ve seen in other games, each scene file is linked to a chapter.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice and I am glad you like it so far. The reason for it is to make it easier to get into the coding - I do plan on refining it eventually and reducing the number of scenes I am using.

5 Likes

This is gonna be a very interesting one, loving it so far even if itā€™s very short. I do have a question:
Is there gonna be a big difference between how we choose the marks to manifest? Because honestly would be very cool to be able to have more than one of those.

2 Likes

Sorry but I donā€™t understand. Are you referring to the bodily changes (black eyes etc) or are you talking about the hallucinations?

As for the body changes I have only planned for only one of them to exist in a playthrough but it is entirely possible to add more than one, yeah.

2 Likes

Great demo interesting story canā€™t wait to see more keep up the great work

2 Likes

Yeah the body changes thatā€™s what I meant, they are super cool.
You donā€™t need to add just because I said it would be cool tho, do what you think itā€™s right for your story.

1 Like

Thank you!

Hey everyone!

Chapter 2 has been released. I did a little fine-tuning to the scenes (dumped them in a single text folder) so the loading should be smoother.

Just a little bit of introductions to the characters and some of their lore and backstories that you can take part in as we get further.

I added Violet eyes as per request.

I also remembered that you can bold and italic things so used those a little bit.

Almost killed myself trying to figure out why it isnā€™t working like it is supposed to but I guess that is the joy of coding things.

I think I added a save option. I hope.

The stat screen is updated and I am aware it looks like crap. I am holding off on working on it for just a little bit. I plan to just get most of it planned before touching itā€¦ so it will look like a bit of an info dump for now.

Everything is subject to change if something feels offish about the characters or you have suggestions for them. Just leave me a message and I will see what I can do. There are probably a few code errors as well.

I hope you all enjoy this release!

14 Likes

saves are good. checked all the other choices and it only happens on the hoodie option

1 Like

Fixed, Thank you ^^

1 Like