Tale of Two Cranes is a (roughly) 400,000-word first-person interactive fiction novel by @SharpOne and @TwoSharp. (Please note this game is a work in progress and we intend for it to be a submission for the COG contest! As of 1/5/18 we only have editing, testing, and finishing up the epilogue! Interested in our private beta testing? Check out the info at the bottom of this post!)
A journey of a lifetime awaits you and it all begins with the fall of the Chinese Qin dynasty. War looms on the horizon as two Lords grapple for power and the time has come for you to pick a side. Liu Bang, charismatic and beloved by the people, or Xiang Yu, a veteran of war and respected by the military, both see a prosperous China, but through different means.
As an Imperial Yǒngshì warrior facing an unclaimed dynasty, you must use your divine abilities to restore balance, stability, and peace back to China.
Will you unravel the mystery surrounding yourself and the “other” crane? Will you set your gaze on the throne? Or will you seek to distance yourself from the political machinations of court life altogether?
- Play as male, female, or non-binary.
- Find romance amongst your closest allies
- Play as one of four Yǒngshì classes: mystic, sage, militant, or strategist.
- Support either Liu Bang or Xiang Yu to establish the foundation for a new dynasty.
- Master the Imperial court to propel yourself to the position of Chancellor, ruler of China or ascend the ranks of Imperial Yǒngshì.
- Discover the truth behind a brewing rebellion, blackmail an Empress or marry into the royal family.
- Engage China’s fiercest enemies of the time: the Xiōngnú of the northern steppe.
- Manage your own land and estate to further your goals, whatever they may be.
We LOVE feedback, good or bad, as long as it stays constructive and thoughtful. Typos, bug reports, suggestions or questions, all are appreciated!
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to myself or @TwoSharp.