Comrade or Czar! Beta Game

love this game concept. hope for more meat in the story in the future. any chance for aircraft in the future?

When I first saw this game, I became interested. That’s a game with a rare and unusual topic and setting.
Unfortunately, the game has many flaws, and that has been bothering me for months. I feel I have to examine this game. Spoilers ahead.

First, let’s review its historical accuracy.

The revolution itself.
What the game got right:
Some of the fractions and historical figures are there, such as Lenin, Trotsky and others.
This is a potentially interesting event for alternative history, as well as interesting event in general.
What is wrong:

Which revolution is that, exactly?

There were 2 revolutions in 1917 in Russia. First, February revolution, which ended with Nicolas II abdicating the throne. Lenin wasn’t in Russia until April of 1917, and Trotsky joined him even later.
Bolsheviks came to power during October Revolution.
The Red Army was founded in 1918.
What we see in the game? The Czar’s army fights the Red Army! Two revolutions and Civil War united in one poorly defined mess.

1 Like

The World War I.
What the game got right:
It mentions that “the blasted Great War is the reason of the revolution”.
British and French forces helping the Czar could be a plausible alternative reality in case Czar stayed in power and bolsheviks retained their position regarding that war.

What is wrong.

The game doesn’t show how exactly the war became the reason for the revolution. Refugees? Deserters? Ottoman Empire blocking trade routes? Not mentioned. Early in the game, only the Ex-soulder MC’s background mentions the war.
After our main character defeats communists/czarists, the game suddenly turns into the World War I game. Even when you play for bolsheviks! They opposed the war and signed this peace treaty after the revolution.
The MC spends more time fighting Ottomans, Austrians and Germans then participating in the revolution.

Moscow, the capital, and other geographical weirdness.
At some point in the game, this happens:

The Czar comes to the base and is saying something about an evacuation to Moscow, the capital.

What is wrong?

Moscow wasn’t the capital of Russia in 1917, Petrograd was. But the actual capital wasn’t even mentioned.
It is unclear where our main character even was before Moscow.

1 Like

@Kotosinica
Please not post on WIP threads that have been inactive for more than 2 months.

Please post on this thread: :slightly_smiling:

Sorry, I’ll move there.

1 Like