Community College Hero: Releasing Soon

Thanks, man. I spit water all over my shiny, new keyboard over this. If you want, I could send you a larger version of the image so you don’t have to stretch it as much? With Tress’ head and hair not cut off, perhaps?

So, I have a confession I can’t hold back. Before I found CCH I was sure I was going to just quit drawing entirely. Then you, possibly the nicest person to work with ever, gave me a chance and my first commission drawing your merry band of misfits. I met @Caligae here too, he messaged me to be nerdy over art and our CCH characters and I made an incredible friend. I can’t imagine quitting now, thanks for best boot in the ass ever.

You need to make a hashtag on twitter called #CCHmotivationalstories or something because I don’t know how it gets any better than that. Aside from a frickin’ shirt.

I’m trying not to be too emotional over just the mere possiblity of a shirt of all things but I just had to thank you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to finish reeling. :scream:

@adamthecowdog I’m calling it now that HornHeadFan is the next George R.R. Martin. (That niceness I mentioned earlier could all be a nefarious ploy, I smell a Red Wedding.)

2 Likes

I reeeeeally hope you keep drawing! You have a great eye and a lot of talent.

I look forward to working with you again, my friend. And actually I’m 90% sure about what I’d like for the cover image for issue 5 so when you have time we can discuss.

And if you send me a larger image I will definitely mail you a shirt! You, of all people, deserve one.

PS Everyone I just started a CCH Twitter account. CCH_EricMoser

1 Like

I barely made it through the first red wedding a second and I quit the internet

2 Likes

Hey everyone, CCH is alllllmost ready for release. It should happen next month!

I’ll probably start a HG thread upon release for feedback and any (hopefully few) errors/typos that are reported. I’ll also move my private Part 2 beta thread to public. @JimD, @Sashira, @CJW, @Havenstone, would one of you be so kind as to edit the title of the thread to remove “Final Beta Testing 8/18/15” and replace it with “Releasing Soon”

And here are some pics from Wizard World featuring pretty much the entire cast of Arrow! Willa Holland was very funny and adorable. She admitted that “she’s just played a bitch” for the past three years on the show. John Barrowman stole the show! He is amazingly energetic and outgoing. Stephen Amell was basically working at an insurance agency in Canada just TWO years before being cast in Arrow. There’s proof right there that you should follow your passions even if others don’t find them to be realistic. By the way, he seems to be extraordinarily kind and he’s quite funny as well. They all REALLY built anticipation for future episodes, saying that episodes 407-410 would blow us all away.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for the release! I originally was going to beta-test the game, but got too busy to actually do so. Best of luck with it, though!

Thanks! It’s too bad you couldn’t test it, but as it turned out, there was no shortage of testers (who were invaluable).

I sent COG a list of beta testers that numbered somewhere around 80 I think!

And if you end up liking Part I, it would be awesome if you’d jump on the Part 2 WiP thread to give me some feedback.

Only thing I regret is not finishing the beta, school and work kept me occupied for very long time only thing I remember is that my last point was in the Heroes are hiding within the forest continuing their training.

So it’s finally happening! Seems ages since we were trying out the first few chapters.

@Xero_Espadas, I totally understand being pulled in many different directions! That’s pretty much my life.

@Zanite, It seems like yesterday when I was doing little doodles trying to create the main characters. Crook was a geeky D&D fan, Dirty Girl was quiet and tentative, Stoic was a bad guy, I think Mob was a girl, and Speck was a character instead of a setting, I am so excited because they are my babies. :baby: I know that sounds weird.

3 Likes

Update: CCH has a tentative release date of :tada: December 4th :boom:

I’m excited and I’m starting to plan a few social media “pushes” to correspond with the release date.

How you can help! (if you want to)

1. Like/share the CCH facebook page! If you have friends or family who like superhero stuff, let them know about it.
  2. Follow me on Twitter: CCH_EricMoser
  3. Check out communitycollegehero.com and link it on your preferred social media outlets (I’m finally getting a little google traffic somehow)
  4. If you’re considering purchasing it, it’d be awesome if you’d purchase it on the release date!

I plan to have contests on both FB and Twitter with prizes like t-shirts and a chance to create a character for Part 2.

8 Likes

What’s the point of the link?

Release is just a few days away! I’ve been messing with possible t-shirt designs for possible giveaways (or maybe sales if anyone ends up wanting them). I’m trying to go with a retro vibe. I had a small domino mask curled over the “C” in Community but I thought it was a bit too much. Any input on this?

5 Likes

Oh hell yee. Cannot wait, let me tell ya somethin’.
The t-shirt looks good. I’m not too sure about the mask around the ‘C’. Maybe we can see it to see if it’s a bit too much or not?

By the way, wassup HornHead! long time no see, haha.

1 Like

Great to see you, Quan! It’s been a while! I’ll post the pic with the mask tomorrow night. I’m excited too and I’m already bugging everyone from my local writers group to my former law school classmates to the poor cashier at Kroger!

2 Likes

I’m excited for the release. I think I played through all of part I, in the beta, but am willing to do so again, this time adding to my gamecenter points, most of which were gained by CoG games.
Is there room left in the Part II beta? Would love to test that one, especialy after playing through part I official release.

@Orinks, thanks for the tweet! I really haven’t gotten going at all on Twitter, which I really need to be intentional about.

Yes you can definitely join private beta for Part 2. Progress has been VERY slow and I promised the group an update this past weekend but failed to deliver based on family stuff and me being sick. I’ll likely keep that a private beta until at least the first of the year to avoid too much spoilery stuff on the boards before people have a chance to read Part 1.

1 Like

Just saw the trailer on Steam. I have to say I like the trailers have stepped up their game a little (I also liked Tin Star’s Trailer).

And I’ve played the Demo, so consider this a day one buy :wink:

I would say “Yay!” but that would sound like I’m an 11-year-old girl. So I will just say, “That’s really cool.” I totally didn’t know the CCH pre-release info was up yet, so thanks for the head’s up.

And yeah I totally dig the trailer (I picked out the music!) although the part about the “world’s most dangerous villains” is somewhat spoilery, However, I guess readers will figure out that the Dozen is somehow involved in the plot anyway since they are mentioned at the very start of the story.

Well, I stumbled across it while looking a stuff due out soon. As for me, I don’t mind some spoilers, and unfortunately with a text game you do have to try and hook people early on.

2 Likes

It’s live on the Apple Store! (:

2 Likes