Community College Hero: Releasing Soon

FINAL version (it feels good to say that!) version of Community College Hero is up for the new round of beta testers.

PMs have went out. Instructions are included in the PM message.

1 Like

But, are you sending the PM to previous tester too? Or are you just inviting new testers to the already existing PM?

I replaced the link in post 1 of the “veteran” beta tester private thread too.

I know it’s too late, but any chance to beta test @HornHeadFan ?

Hey I have stopped playing the game, because I feel you need to have a save system, so when the browser reloads we don’t have to start at the begining.

Well beta testing is pretty much over. I’m ready to stick a fork in it.

EDITED: Beta testing is finally done. Thanks to all that helped both now and back in the spring! I’m submitting the game to Jason and the CoG folks tonight.

5 Likes

Can’t wait when do you think they’ll release it?

Just a reminder: It’s against the rules to ask about when a game is getting updated/released.

1 Like

What @Jjcb says is correct, and I think one of the reasons for the rule is that authors aren’t generally capable of answering the question.

I will say that I am submitting the final bits this week (writers need to furnish promotional blurbs, pick some choices for the CoG folks to use for screenshots, etc.) but after that it’s all controlled by CoG, the various platforms and perhaps the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :ramen:

Just one question:

This isn’t going to be a game like Samuray of Hyuga right? I mean, that you can play X amount of chapters for free and then you’d need to pay right? I would hate to not play this game once it’s released.

I haven’t bought that one yet but no I don’t think so. CoG ultimately controls pricing and such, but I prefer games sold for a flat amount with no IAPs.

Oh thank God. That’a quite the relief. In case you are wondering, I asked because my phone doesn’t let me purchase IAPs. It’s incredibly annoying considering that I have never finished games like Zombie Exodus and Neighbourhood Necromancer.

Small “what’s going on” update:

1. The game has been submitted to CoG. If anyone doing an HG wants any help/advice about the submission process, I’d be glad to share my experience. Yes, most of it is self-explanatory, but there is a bit of a learning curve involved.

2. I just created a twitter account so feel free to follow Community College Hero at CCH_EricMoser

3. I plan to introduce a new student in Part 2, so when Part 1 is released, I’ll run a contest on Twitter and FB where the winner gets to design the new character.

4. I’m writing a draft outline of Part 2 and hope to have the draft done by Halloween, with the intention of starting a Part 2 WiP thread shortly after Part 1 is released. My biggest mistake in writing Part 1 was not starting with an outline! I just started rolling! While it kept the creative juices flowing, it resulted in some significant balance issues on stats. Hopefully I’ll avoid balance issues this time around.

5. Finally, these guys are my current favorites for doing a CCH soundtrack (in my dreams!) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpJ6AevKP4c

Does anyone already know about them?

5 Likes

Looking forward to it. From what I remember of the demo it looked like a cool game.

The demo was beautiful and it was a truly enjoyable game. I forward towards the newest character. I can hardly wait for the next update in the series.

Hey I’m hitting Wizard World in November and figured I’d order a few CCH shirts for me and my buddies to wear just for the hell of it.

I’m keeping it pretty minimal and mostly just relying on my artist’s awesome work. Any design-oriented folks want to offer their opinion? Obviously more options = more $. I was thinking of going with the retro baseball style shirt where the collar and sleeves are a different color, but again that jacks up the price.

http://www.customink.com/lab?PK=04604&cid=vak0-00a9-wraw

I don’t have any design advice unfortunately (it would be more like anti-advice if I tried), but I’m digging the new logo! Is that Tress on the right? And then Crook in the middle? and Dirty Girl with the blue hair?

I think it looks good, but I find it weird how the outer parts of the logo ends abruptly, especially compared to the left side (from our point of view)

It goes from left to right: Tress, Mob, Crook, DG, and Origami. It’s an alternate design Wire created for me. I like the little slices of people.

@RagEgnite, some of it might be the way I stretched it. I wanted it to take up most of the shirt.

I’ll probably order a few more and use them for fun contests after release. For example, I could see mailing a shirt to the first person who emails me their Gamecenter screen showing all the achievements accomplished or something like that.

Please don’t kill DG I loved that chareter from day one so please don’t kill her.