Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

My MC just wants Stoic as her lifelong bff. I know such a stupid term but the girl in me still loves the idea of a bff.

1 Like

What’s wrong with bff? I usually use that or bestie shrug and Stoic would be a great bff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just wanna have a good relationship with Stoic in general.

She seems like the kind of person that would have your back.She also seems like the kind of person that would be a great cuddler.

5 Likes

So I thought about what @Eric_Moser said about the whole thing where if you don’t plan on getting an RO,you’d be able to get a best friend or something like that.

Quite frankly,it would be neat if you’d be able to get a best friend whIle having an RO as well.I don’t know,I just feel like it would be nice to have someone else who’s really,really close to you other than your RO.

Not to mention that most of,if not all,the people who play CCH pursue a romance with a certain character.So it’s basically not going to be noticed at all if the condition is that you don’t have an RO.

13 Likes

That would be great!!!

Tress/MC BroTP! :smile:

Aw, I want a bestie even if I have an RO. One of the things I liked about Mass Effect 3 is Shep platonically hanging out with her buddies in addition to her romance.

2 Likes

Ah, admission time–way back when, in the favorite student poll, I was scrolling on my mobile and my finger slipped and voted for Stoic. (How many times has my cat walked across the screen and liked a post, I’ll never know.) I do not have any actual strong feelings for her and since she’s no doubt going to rise a bit in story prevalence, this shall hopefully catapult me from my Swiss-like neutrality and tolerance into full-blown acceptance.

If not, my MC’s left capitulating in Lonesomeville whilst the stunning boyfriend excels on the East Coast…

Admittedly, I also flirted with Crook, which I am, apparently, no longer allowed to do. (sheepish smile)

I agree with the idea of having a best friend and a love interest at the same time.

But I think that the reason why that idea would be only presented to MCs with no RO, is that it is a way to have bonus scenes with the characters that they would not be able to get other way. If you have an RO you’re already getting an extra scene with a character.

It could be done anyway, but it would lead to a situation of deciding to spend timewith your partner or your friend.

2 Likes

Well then,that would be even better.It would add moments of stress to your playthrough,deciding whether to spend time with your RO or your best friend.

It would also be interesting if the 2 people who you are very close with don’t seem to particularly like each other (ex:Tress as girlfriend,DG as best friend).

That would certainly make some tension in the group.

2 Likes

Hey guys,what are your thoughts on the rescue aspect of being a hero?
You know when there is some kind of natural disaster or terrorist attack and you gotta help evacuate the wounded.

Is nobody going to bring up that Dick Rycliff guy? He seems super shady to me.

1 Like

This is where the good old Motivation bars come to play,my friend.

Altruism:Help the injured civilians.

Loyalty:Follow your friends lead.

Self:Find something that could potentially make you look like a better hero.

Retribution:Track down the fuckers who caused this and get your brass knuckles/slingshot to work.

@sebastienflight At the end of the day,we all know we’re going to have an option to punch him.As for where to punch him…come on,just look at the man’s name.It’s too easy.

4 Likes

He’s either the classic mini-boss, (previously identified in the underworld as Brainwash), or the classic, Scooby-Doo red herring. Either option is only slightly better than the secret RO who’s won only through a brutal battle of anecdotal letters to the editor and a potato in his tailpipe.

1 Like

Look on the bright side,guys.New update coming VERY soon (I think? Eric said that another one would hopefully come out late September.And,considering we are in the last day of September,this is as late as it gets).

5 Likes

According to the title, the next update is 10-9 as in October 9th; Eric uses the US notation and not the Euro when citing dates.

2 Likes

So I thought up of a nice little scene while I was in the bath.Give your opinions on it,if you feel like it.

The town of Speck finally thought that after the whole debacle with Manipulator and Origami,things would settle down for at least a while.They were wrong,of course.Speck became even more dangerous than before.However,this time,it wasn’t from the Diabolical Dozen,oddly enough.No,this is something completely unexpected.A relatively new villan known as the Wyvern has apparently hired a reasonable amount of Untamed goons,and has taken a building (restaurant,school,whatever) and the people in it hostage.He is demanding a very large amount of money or else all the hostages will eventually die.

Naturally,people look to the ‘Heroes Among Us’ program for help.Surely,The Hedonist or that new Captain California should be able to put a stop to this,right? Fortunately,unlike last time,the program has actually decided to get involved in helping with this crime.However,they’re not going to send the staff on it,oh no.As a sign that this program is dedicated to helping Speck and its citizens,they have done the unthinkable:they have sent the students of the program to take down the Wyvern.Specifically,a team only known as the Speck Seven (name not official).

From there on out,you plan with your classmates on what to do,coming up with various strategies to take out the villans.Finally,after the plan has been finalized,you set it out on action.

Let me know what you think. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s the plan for now but I do have a convention next weekend so that might bump the update a week.

8 Likes

I’m expecting him to be some Scooby Doo villain, pretending to turn everyone against the school to get some buried treasure or something.
And he would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for you meddling kids!

3 Likes

Hey just a question, anyway we can oh I don’t know take the equipment of the Wyvern or whatever his name is or, can we if we have a smart enough character or have a good enough relationship with CombatWombat to get him to help us build/modify/repurpose Wyvern’s equipment so that we can use it for battle or support or just something for people who want to play the game using a brains character cause there really isn’t much options for the smart route(or rather just interesting stuff anyway).

1 Like

Well,Mr @Blackbeard, I suppose that’s the whole point of the Tactician roue,now isn’t it?Staying behind the scenes as you organize your mismatched group of friends into an elite fighting force and coming up with various strategies to take the villans down.If that doesn’t scream ‘smart’,I don’t know what does.

Or,you could take your ‘smartness’ to a whole new level with the telepathy power.It’s up to you.

2 Likes