Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I’d much rather go on solo missions.And it would be cool if the mission varied between your Motivation.

Loyalty:Find ways to help your friends.

Altruism:Help the people in the community of Speck.

Self:Find ways to improve everything about yourself (and solely your self)

Retribution: Walk up to some criminals and bash the ever living crap outta them with your police baton.

1 Like

I think what I am looking forward the most in the new game are the small moments, you know, just some details that help to build this world and make us able to feel the characters and the enviroment more alive.

I mean, having a good narrative, estructure an arc is essential but for me this is where the heart of a story lies. I think that some games of CoG can be incredibly good at this.

For the moment I think that we’ve seen some examples like the dinner scene with Stoic or the pep talks, I don’t think those moments are very relevant to the plot, yet they don’t feel like wasted time. More of that is always welcome.

6 Likes

Though I’m more of a plot guy myself i do understand the importance of these more laidback scenes. Without them it’s just another generic heroes vs villians story. But with these interesting character moments it helps readers get more invested in said characters and thus improves the story. If done right of course

4 Likes

I have a question about the game.

In the 1st game,did your archetype Level show your Grade Level? (Level 1,Grade 1.Level 2,Grade 2 and so on)

Just curious.

Cuz if it did,then that means we approximately have the power of a Grade 3.Not too shabby.

You know,I just thought of something.

You know how there are theme parks based on Marvel and DC and shit like that?

What if there was a Speckverse them park?You know,rides featuring Mega Cat and Booksmart and such.

That’d be cool.

4 Likes

This might be considered a spoiler but I gotta ask anyway. Is Uni gonna appear in the second book?

You didn’t hear?

She’s gone.Forever (at least that’s what I know). The game hints that you’ll be able to have a little meet up with her later on if you’re dating her,but that’s about it.

It was probably for the better anyway,seeing that most people found her as the least interesting character.

2 Likes

Unless she’s Wyvern, of course. (Okay, so one of these days I’m going to correctly guess who Wyvern is… Unless he’s a completely new character, that is. :unamused:)

1 Like

I know exactly who Wyvern is.

Wyvern.

9 Likes

No, he’s definitely Manipulator. Or Uni. Or Null. Or our mother. Or our father. Or… um… Hedonist… Or the MC from the future… Or Mob from the future… Or the Hero’s Rise protagonist… Or Stoic, obviously.

More characters to be added as I remember them.

3 Likes

Me too, and for a bloody long time. But I was bored the other day so I replayed the game and romanced her for the first time. It was actually pretty fun and I ended up liking her. So weird.

1 Like

And kids, that’s how I met your mother… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well, @AAO has already burst that bubble so…Goddamn it.

2 Likes

Who’s to say it’s not Eric himself?

1 Like

Nah; he’d be saving himself for the final boss in Part 3… :smirk:

3 Likes

Ah but that’s just it. By “defeating” him now we’ll never suspect that we’re playing right into his hands by allowing himself to be written off as dealt with. Then in the final arc he appears announcing that while he was at a convention to sell more CCH copies, he deftly manipulated the entire d12 into doing his bidding.

2 Likes

I know this is probably just me but is anyone else worried we won’t get to team up with many of our classmates if we take the zenith route? I mean think about it, training all your close speck friends is the job of the Tactician. So that means as a Zenith route player you’ll be fending for mostly yourself rather than everyone else since it would be kinda redundant to have two routes (that are suppose to be different) do the exact same thing.

I really don’t see it changing like that, I mean you’re the only non Zenith in the group, getting your own powers wouldn’t alienate you from the others, I more see them as being like “yay! congrats on finally getting powers! so how is everyone doing with the project due on Wednesday…”

1 Like

That’s the thing though. Once you get your powers you’re going to need time to train them, get use to the downsides of them, integrate them into your fighting style, and so on. The time it takes to do all that,fight at your best, protect the kids from the hospital, heal ,and study can be very taxing. So the time you would need to train your whole team might get really limited.

But i do think we’ll have time to hang out for fun if we’re lucky