Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Well,you COULD find evidence that he was having sex with one of the students.That should get him out of Speck real quick.

Which part of “murder him in horrible ways” did you not understand? :unamused:

2 Likes

As long as the Hedonist is out of my hair,I couldn’t care less of what happens to the old prick.

Not that I’m discouraging you,though. By all means,strangle him with an electric cord if you so desire.

2 Likes

I doubt that would work. Hence the high-strength acid, incendiaries, and sledgehammer… I’ve probably been thinking too much about this, haven’t I? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s all for the greater good…

Don’t forget,after you dispose of the Hedonist,you gotta give Mob a kiss on the cheek. (Or whichever RO you are into.)

3 Likes

That’s if you have a bad relationship with her. If you have a good one however…

MC: Ok, so someones trying to sue me and I need your help. After all, you did say you’d defend me, right?
McCormick: Gladly. So what’s the problem? Did you break something? Did you injure a civilian by accident? Or maybe you-
MC:I beat a villan to death with my police baton.
Awkward silence ensues.
McCormick: …Grab some plastic containers and sulphuric acid. This never happened.
MC: M-miss??
McCormick: JUST DO AS I SAY.

18 Likes

Didn’t she say how he creeps her out in the interview part, if you asked her about him? So, I think it’s unlikely unless he broke into her apartement to steal one or she is better at hiding stuff than I give her credit for.

Ahh, and why all the Hedonist hate? He isn’t that bad, he even saved our lifes! Shouldn’t that count for something? Anyway, personally I find him much more interesting than most of the students. Though I still don’t get why he’s posing shirtless in part 2. Not that I’m complaining, but a villain attacks, a student is hurt and brought to the hospital by Captain California, another student is in danger and he decides to pose shirtless? That’s somewhat an odd decision making process…

2 Likes

I was only teasing but yeah, she did say that. I was referring to an observation made by the MC in the first game. DG was apparently missing her bra after uh, private assessment with him.

I don’t even want to touch the Hedonist hate question, if only to prevent all hell breaking loose. (There’s a smaller discussion earlier in the thread about him from around 455, if you’re interested.)

I dare not question his broad pectorals! It made me laugh, that’s good enough for me. I’m a simple man.

1 Like

Well, I can understand that his, eh, sexual harassement ways can be off-putting to some. I just find him one of the most interesting characters. Especially, after what Capt. California said about Saviour choosing and enforcing their hero personas.

And he amuses me. Because he’s so petty. Seriously, you loose approval with him for actually succeding in his lesson and gain approval if you fail, if I haven’t misread the stats. He really isn’t meant to be a teacher. xD

4 Likes

Well,as far as I know,he only helps Dr Hover when you ask him to.And even then,you probably need to get the ‘Teachers Pet’ acheivement.

Yup.He doesn’t help the students out because it’s the right thing to do,but because the student who kept sucking his dick (at one point,quite literally) begged him to help out.

What I’m trying to say is the Hedonist is a cunt.

5 Likes

Which reminds me, I can only imagine how disconcerting the full mask option would be in intimate situations, (i.e. how do we even?). I really wanted an option to apologize to Stunner if anything should seem a little too Eyes Wide Shut for him.

Not to negate your entire existence, but are you me ?

On Hedonist, there is more there, I can feel it. Hedonism is not sexual predation, nor even just the sating of sexual appetite. So far his power seems to be that nothing can touch him, break him; while he desires to teach us to protect the innocent, while he touches everything, and the threat of being broken lingers just off stage. I’m all but perched. As a woman who has suffered, experienced, and will not tolerate harassment, (and I might be scratching at non-existent layers here), I am still unabashedly far more intrigued by his character than any other.

On Stunner, I understand how his behavior can be off-putting in that first match, and yet perhaps because our team always wins, I experienced a very different playthrough than most who shun him. I actually tackled him, went out of my way to be sweet to Mob, never gave overt compliments, gave casual interest even during flirty moments, never fawned, never acted with undue hostility, and what I received was a well-intentioned, protective, and affectionate confidante. He had to be mine. I was actually disappointed by Mob. I almost always go with the veggie!

And blessed be for reminding me to post the bug where if one does make a confession to Stunner, the phone call to Prestige presumes it to be a normal friendship conversation, sans the romance.

9 Likes

Taking a look at the Motivation poll,I’m quite suprised to see that Loyalty was the most popular.

I know it’s about the whole ‘helping your friends’ thing,but that didn’t really appeal to me when I saw that you could do it for the safety of civilians or the benefits that you,and only you,get or the satisfaction you get when you beat the everliving shit out of a criminal/villan.

So I’d like to hear about why you chose the Motivation in the poll.

I’ll start:I chose Retribution because punching villans in the face seems like fun.

The way our opinions seem to be almost identical is kind of scary :smile:

I feel like you’ve articulated exactly what I’ve wanted to say about the Hedonist but couldn’t find the words for. Just about all the criticism I’ve seen for his character revolves around his sexual desire and, while it is a valid criticism, it ignores basically 95% of his character. In some ways I think he’s one of the most developed characters of the series right now, just because there is such a mystery around him. I really have to say though that what you say about him and the threat of being broken really clicked with me. It seems like one of his biggest motivations, especially when you take into account that when you succeed at his exercise in the demo you lose relationship points with him.

Honestly while almost everyone seems to be begging for a way to get rid of the Hedonist, I actually want more interactions with him, especially if you received the ‘Hedonist’s Pet’ achievement. I want to hold an actual conversation with the man. I want to see a Hedonist, if the MC has an over 75 relationship with, trying to convince the MC to join Savior School if push comes to shove with Prestige and Speck and the whole thing with the Smarts.I want to see a Hedonist that, despite being openly petty about certain things, genuinely showing concern for an MC with high relationship points with him and the ‘Hedonist’s Pet’ perk. Basically I want to see the layers of the Hedonist I’m praying are there. [quote=“Quaintrelle, post:966, topic:12179”]
what I received was a well-intentioned, protective, and affectionate confidante
[/quote]

This is exactly the Stunner I saw as well! The choices I made only differed slightly from yours as I showed a lot of interest whenever I had the opportunity. I actually wrote two super long posts about Stunner so I won’t reiterate any of that here!

I noticed this too, however, I thought the change was just something the author decided. I’m super glad you pointed it out because it was something I missed during the phone call with him.

10 Likes

Actually, he does save Dr. Hover if you fail to do so. He is even quite nice about your failed attempt towards the media. So, he might be giving you a chance to prove yourself.

That would be great. I really hope we get a chance really get to know him if we want to. I’m also looking forward to his interactions with Capt. California, that might also show us a bit more about him. I’m really looking forward to those two characters in general. So much potential.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie i love a good brawl in the morning, but that’s a second priority.
Cause you see well. . . . . this is gonna sound cliche as h*ll but the reason i chose loyalty is because of my sense of duty to the earth and . . . . .most of it’s occupants. I feel that if someone has the power to help they should at least try because what makes a hero isn’t how overwhelmingly powerful they are, how rich they are, or who they can take down in a fight. A hero is someone who adds good to the world while fighting off the bad. That’s just my belief tho

Honestly mate,that sounds a lot like Altruism.

I’m pretty sure Loyalty means staying loyal to your fellow classmates and whatnot.

4 Likes

He waits for you to fail so that he can show off how much better he is, before patronising you for your failure. He’s also a bully who uses his position to coerce his students into performing sexual acts with him. I’m certain that he’s on the right side of the law mainly because of the adulation he earns from it. True, the D12 are certainly worse, but that doesn’t make what he does right, or even okay.

5 Likes

:joy:Lol my bad, can’t believe i mixed up the two

Everyone’s here talking about how the Hedonist is mysterious,with his forced persona and such, yet no one pays poor Nil any attention.

Especially because if the Smarts WERE forcing personas on their staff,Nil would be the one to tell us.Who knows how many secrets Nil knows? He probably knows about Tress’s photos,DG’s addiction,Mob’s story of paralyzing someone.Hell,he probably knows all about your dad and his villanous past.

Personally,if I had the chance to give any teacher a kiss on the cheek,it’d be Nil.I don’t know why,but I just do.

8 Likes

It would depend on how cute they are under the mask. Wait. Mask, potentially cute… Nil is Wyvern! Of course!

More seriously, yes, Nil seems to be a far more interesting character. Secretive and not necessarily nice, but not a potential rapist, either.

3 Likes