Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

• Yay
  • Ouch
  • Money
  • Grades
  • Friendships

0 voters

What do you guys worry about the most when playing this game???

• Saving the world, duh.

As for the Smarts, I suppose my MC wouldn’t be completely against a romance with StreetSmart, although I doubt he’d ever trust him nearly as much as he trusts Mob (oh God, please don’t let Mob be the traitor :anguished:).

Meh.

I really don’t care that much about the big time heroes.I’m more interested in the little pack that I’ve associated myself with.

Props to Prestige,though.They took Stunner away from me,so they’re alright in my book.

So, Booksmart is one of the smartest people in the world, what’s Streetsmart’s power?

1 Like

If I remember right I think Streetsmart has a precognitive ability so that he’s always a few seconds ahead of people.

On another note:

I’m really surprised that people seem to dislike Stunner so much, especially because his was the only romance I found myself connecting to and enjoying. So I have a bit of a question; if you dislike Stunner would you mind sharing why?

5 Likes

Sure.Hell, I’ll give you the reason why I dislike Stunner AND Uni.

Stunner just seems like your typical stereotype douche bag. Full of himself,extremely annoying,can’t take a joke about himself,that kind of stuff.Don’t believe me? If you lose the Capture The Flag game and don’t apologize to Stunner,he will start to hold a grudge on you,the butthurt twat.Also,when you discuss about the Contrarian and you refuse to give Stunner his secret,he says some shit about “not taking this seriously” and “you think this is all a game”.Even though not telling him my secret would be the serious thing to do,cuz I don’t want anyone to find out about my dad.The only positive I can give to him is that he’s probably one of the more powerful students.Then again,Mob and Stoic are also one of the really powerful students and they’re MUCH more interesting.

As for Uni…well,she just wasn’t really interesting to me.If anything,she just felt like those side characters,aka Hi Jinx,Rain,Shine,Gladiator and the rest (Shit, at least Rain and Shine were interesting and Gladiator is the supposed grandson of the HULKSTER himself) She just felt like a boring,bland character to me.

There’s my 2 cents.

7 Likes

Wow thank you for such a detailed response! I don’t think I’ve done a playthrough where I ended up on Stunner’s badside, and whenever I lose the capture the flag I always apologize as it’s just my nature, so I’ve never experienced him holding a grudge either. I will admit Stunner’s personality can be abrasive especially in the first study session for Breaking People and Things but it never really deterred me I guess. Personally though I found Stunner’s ambition towards climbing the ranks a bit relatable, and felt that it explained his personality and his sort of ruthlessness towards succeeding, so maybe I’ve been looking at his character with some bias. But after finding out Crook’s secret, and feeling incredibly slimy for romancing him, and just not really feeling any connection to Mob, not that I dislike him or anything, Stunner was the only one that stood out for me.

As for Uni I don’t know that much about her. I’ve never interacted with her much so I can’t say anything one way or the other. I didn’t even know she was a romance option until I started customizing my character in this demo. I gotta agree with you that Rain and Shine, and even the Spiked Gladiator with as few interactions we have with him, are more interesting to me than Uni at this point.

4 Likes

Haha, good to see there are this many distrustful fuckers in the world. I thought I was rare in not being able take even the Author’s Sainted Word that my private information would be used for good. Even if it was, what of the future precedent? The non-benevolent dictator who inherits the machine? I am on the far side of paranoid, independent and wary of governmental authority, but apparently this one is sort of a gimmee.

4 Likes

I pretty much agree entirely with @AAO on this one. In Stunner’s defence, I do think that the (admittedly short) scene with him in Part 2 did give him some positive character development. I might even try romancing him the next time I do a playthrough (although I’m sure I’ll feel bad for cheating on Mob…)

If you don’t compliment Stunner early on he’s really rude to you. Later you have to keep shunning his targets (like Mob) to make him like you. He tries to beat up Stoic in a friendly exercise (not knowing she won’t be seriously injured) then wants you to brush it aside and soothe his feelings for not winning.

He is distant and acts like he’s better than the concerns of his fellow Speck students, explained in my mind as he has one foot out the door proving himself to Prestige. I wish I could be more rude to the guy. I have to call him for info in Part II if I’m not doing it for some friendlier reason; I’d prefer to use anyone else for info than that annoying, muscle bound narcissist.

We aren’t meant to be villains in this game. That is, in short, why I can’t end Stunner, hook up with Hedonist between classes, and fuck off to be a member of the dozen. But it doesn’t mean I have to like that jerk.

6 Likes

I have to admit that this always throws me for a loop every time I start a fresh playthrough. And even though I’ve tried rationalizing it out in my head, the only logical reason I’ve figured out for Stunner being this aggressive so early is him trying to prove how tough he was? Like trying to show his power grade was higher than everyone else’s? Not that it excuses his actions at all but I thought I’d put this out there.

Like I mentioned I’ve never done a playthrough where my MC ends up on his badside, but given his personality especially in the beginning, I can believe what you’re saying.

I will however say I think it’s just a tad unfair to say Stunner doesn’t care about the concerns of the other students when he calls together that meeting on the farm and seems genuinely serious about doing something to stop the crazy bomber running around town. He’s very protective of Crook after what happens to Origami and in his goodbye to everyone he mentions how the decision to leave became a lot more difficult for him. I guess what I’m trying to say is he can definitely be a mega jerk in the beginning but I think he undergoes some serious character development throughout the story if you’re really paying attention. I’m really not trying to change your opinion or anything I just thought I’d point out a few of the things I noticed!

7 Likes

Jesus Christ,man…Stunner…

JUST NO.

Every character in this story has their ups and their downs.But that guy has no ups.Just all downs.

At first,Stoic was my least favorite since she shows absolutely no personality.But after replaying it,Stunner REALLY got under my skin.

I honestly hope that if Stunner comes back to Speck for whatever reason,the Wyvern swoops in and kicks his ass(as well as that massive and fragile ego of his).Serves him right.

I’ll be honest with you.If you can go an entire playthrough while dating him without pulling your hair out,I will personally buy you not one,not two,but THREE ice creams.

2 Likes

I’ll admit it’s been a while since I played Part 1, and thus my memories of his obnoxiousness are probably being clouded by his far more reasonable cameo in Part 2. Also, he’s still better than Hedonist.

I would think that their names would probably give a hint as to their personalities.

Stunner – Makes me think of someone who perceives themselves to be a hottie and has no doubt that other people think so, too.

Hedonist – self-explanatory

I don’t really have any qualms with Stunner as he just lacks the sheer annoyance I’ve seen in quite a few characters over the years, but still, he may very well be the target of intense character development sometime in the future.

Hedonist… yeah, I wouldn’t willingly touch anyone that open about their tastes unless they give me a DAMN good reason too.

3 Likes

Preferably with a sledgehammer. :grin:

I started wondering if Hedonist would be less obnoxious if he wasn’t a teacher using his position of power to get sexual favours from his students, but I was forced to conclude that if he didn’t do that, he wouldn’t be the Hedonist.

2 Likes

Here’s my assumption on what the names of the Heroes mean:
Tress-referring to her hair powers.
Stunner-Stun people with his Shockwave powers (or maybe what @RagEgnite suggested)
Dirty Girl-her fog power makes stuff dirty (also refers to her personality)
Mob-strength of a mob
Kawaii desu chan 5000 aka Stoic-her kuudere personality
Origami-her paper powers
Crook-idk this one
Combat Wombat-Wombat shaped armor
Uni-her outfit
Hedonist-self explanatory
Downfall-the “downfall” of the villans she fights
Nil-no idea

3 Likes

You this like Stotic?:astonished:… how could you she just kuudere personality. If you talk to her and ask about her family she says all her family strict on her.so she might act that way, so she is not emotionally attach to anything, so nothing bothers her (which is her secert power​:wink:).

@Eric_Moser in the demo if your not in a relationship with nobody, you can choose just to focus on school and stuff. Does that mean if you like someone in CCH2, you can’t date them?

There’ll be a scene in Issue 6 where you’ll be able to hook up with a person if you have a high relationship with them.

There’s also a scene in Issue 5 that let’s you break off the relationship you have.

2 Likes

Crook - basically his appearance makes him look like "Robin Hood’ who was a Crook.

Nil - Nil means Zero. Nothing at all. Because we indeed know next to nothing about him.

6 Likes