Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

This one:

1 Like

Interesting to see that DG is the most liked character, I didn’t had any idea.
She is the best troll ever, someone need to make a DG trollface.

1 Like

More questions!

What is your favorite subcommittee?

• HELL
  • Secrets 101
  • Breaking People And Things
  • Basics Of Defense

0 voters

To be honest with you,what really suprised me about the poll was the fact that Stoic,the character who basically has no personality whatsoever,managed to get 2nd place.I know about the whole Kuudere thing,but I still can’t wrap my head around how she got so popular with the fans.

1 Like

While I do too not know how she has become so popular, I wasn’t surprised by how popular she is, what surprised me is DG being the most poupar. Before the poll, I thought Stoic was the most popular.

3 Likes

I’m not really suprised about DG being popular.I kind of expected it,with her boisterous personally.

Another question.

At the end of the game,did you reveal your identity or keep it a secret?

• Keep it a secret
  • Revealed it

0 voters

So I came up with another question.Some might consider this the same as the ‘Who is your favorite student’ question,but screw it.

Who is your favorite RO?

• Tress
  • Dirty Girl
  • Mob
  • Stunner
  • Uni
  • Crook
  • Stoic (Stoic goes beyond the code of the game #StoicNation)

0 voters

1 Like
  • Super Strength and Force Field
  • Super Speed and Heat Vision
  • Telepathy and Invisibility

0 voters

Time for me to join the bandwagon.
Which do you think is the best power set?

3 Likes

Wow, u guy responded pretty quickly

Going through for the first time, and I’m noticing some small things. I haven’t read through this thread, so I don’t know if these have already been mentioned.

When I climb to the roof in the alley at the beginning of the game, I get this as a level 3 detective:

Your breath clouds with each huff as you race up the fire escape to check out the thunderous sound.

You squint to get a better look at the shrinking object in the night sky. You can make out a bright blue flame behind the object, but you’re not sure if it’s a rocket or missle or some sort of drone. As the object continues to fly away, you decide it’s time to return to the alley.

Looking at the code, I see

*if (awareness2 = “thermal imaging goggles”)
You flip on your thermal imaging goggles to get a better look at the shrinking object in the night sky. The object glows a bright white, indicating a very strong heat signature. You can clearly make out the shape of a person, with some sort of wings, and the intense white on the back of the figure indicates a rocket or jet pack. As the figure continues to fly away, you decide it’s time to return to the alley.

Is “thermal imaging goggles” case sensitive?

Looks like a similar problem happens afterward, when thinking about your love interest.

I don’t want any love interests or any best friends! I’m here to study only.

is the only option available to me. In “*label datingwho”, picking “No one” has the code

*set dating “No one”

while the check later one looks for “no one”

Use my “teacher’s pet” status with McCormick to defend Crook and yield the floor to Dean Tolly without aggrivating Professor McCormick at all.

aggrivating should be aggravating

With an full belly, you drift off to sleep.

Should be a full belly

This first class will be devoted to explaining our school’s new self-insured status. I promise to make this lecture as scintilating as the material allows."

missing a " before This

And let’s leave the water sports for private.

HAH! Nice.

1 Like

Speaking of the Zenith powers…

Which is your favorite improvement route?

• Tactician
  • Dr. Stench
  • Zentih

0 voters

2 Likes

Also,I wanted to talk about the archetypes,specifically the Soldier…

…and just how useless it is.

I swear,it just feels like an afterthought that got added into the game.Hell,Eric apparently considered at one point to(don’t quote me on this) just remove the Soldier and let the Acrobat get the defense boost,changing the archetypes name to Brawler(which sounds much better in my opinion).

If you won’t listen to me,just listen to the good ol’ improvement routes.

Tactician was meant for Detective,since it requires stealth and awareness.

Dr Stench was meant for Sharpshooter,as it needs ranged attack and speed/stealth.

Zenith was probably meant for Acrobat,hence the toughness and strength needed for the test,but it can also cater to Sharpshooter and Detective in terms of the power sets that it can get.

Now look at Soldier.Where exactly can it fit in? It has good awareness but absolute crap stealth for Tactician. It has nice range but low speed for Dr Stench (Maybe the speed will be replaced with defense?) .And none of the power sets cater to TWO abilities that the Soldier excels in.

This is just my opinion,but the Soldier really needs some attention and polishing.

6 Likes

Lol, Soldier is the most powerful class on the first game, and you want to make it more powerful?

@Urban and I disagree on a lot but the soldier class is as powerful as others if not more. It requires a dedicated style of play though to take advantage of.

@AAO - While I agree soldiers can use some polish; they are very much better off then snipers. The difficulty in writing appropriate content for the long ranged hero is something already discussed above.

To me, the “Detective” seems to be the overpowered prototype and I think the popularity of the detective is due more than its likeness to other established IP characters.

1 Like

Ey man,that’s your opinion and I’m cool with that.

But,personally,I think that Detective or Acrobat are the strongest class.But again,don’t let me stop you.

Let’s just all agree that each class can be powerful if used the right way.

I’ll admit,I didn’t really give soldier that much attention but I’m sure it’s as powerful as acrobat or even detective.

It’s not about the class.It’s how you use them.

1 Like

Acrobat is as powerful as the Soldier, but the Detective? You can’t compare it to the Soldier.

The Soldier can win everything, it’s the easiest class to get grade, the only class to get an A with the Hedonist without sleeping with him, can get every reward, training Defense twice is gives the relatuonship points with Stoic and CW.

@DGalore5 the Sharpshooter is crap, it can’t defeat Uni quickly, it can’t get every reward, it need to train its Hmm to defeat CW and it make its stats gimped, etc.

@Xukundi if you think the class is bad, tell us why

Ok,maybe I over reacted a bit.Let me rephrase my horrible comment I posted earlier.

The reason Im not into Soldier is not because it’s shit,but rather a personal thing.The Soldier just didn’t click with me as much as the Detective or Acrobat did.

As for the points that you said.
-Any class can get all the awards of the professors.(Not sure about Sharpshooter,but Acrobat and Detective definitely can.)
-While it is nice to show the Hedonist that you don’t need to fuck him to get an A,an Acrobat can get a B,which is pretty good in my opinion.Also Detective (as well as Acrobats and Sharpshooter who take HELL subcommittee in mid terms) can easily get an A in all the other courses and can afford a D from the Hedonist if their Thud is low.
-The benefits of Basics of Defence can also be accessed by the Acrobat.He’ll, I’d even say it was better suited towards the Acrobat,since it increases Thud and Whoosh.

One thing that didn’t click with me as a Soldier was that you couldn’t win Capture The Flag unless you seriously hurt Origami.And I don’t want to hurt Origami cuz I like her.On top of that,you lose 5 relationship points with Crook.He’s already a pain in the ass to get points with.

Again,I apologize if I sounded like a dick in my first post.

3 Likes

gimp
ɡɪmp/
NORTH AMERICAN: informal, derogatory
verb
past tense: gimped; past participle: gimped
limp; hobble.
“I gimped over to the door”

gimp
1: a derogatory term for someone that is disabled or has a medicial problem that results in physical impairment.

Good catches. That means one was getting the extra info on the rooftop! Will be fixed with next update

I know this is quite late but this is what I can give:

1. Ouch Stat
    a) 19%, b) 62%, c) 56%

2. Money: 940, Yay: 59% (a little confused on the criteria tho)

3. Focus on class. I like learning and I need the new gadgets or whenever Speck can hand me like info.

4. I have a romantic interest (Mob) but I don’t mind having “best friend” options. My PC is pretty social.

5. Not pining for Uni or Stunner but I’m hoping to see Stunner again.

6. Thoughts:
    Happy I could interact with Stoic. I really want to know more about her.
    I’m a little confused about Mob’s name. I thought his name is Rey (unless his last name is Luca or has a second name with “Luca” in it such as Lucas).
    I also wonder what happened to the stipend the PC got during the Fall if they gave it to Mom, save/invest it or splurge it all. I know it’s still in the works but I want to know if the stipend can be carried over.
    Since I chose “worrying mom”, I admit that I was hoping that Mom would address on what happen in the hospital and what happened to Origami.