Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Remember this comment from earlier in the year?

Nathan_FaxonRegularJan 21
So Facebook Mega Cat is serious with powerful and world altering abilities.

CoG Mega Cat has an army of cats, armor made of cats, ride a lion, misfortune magic and dresses like Genki Cat.

Somebody needs to make a vs. fanart.

6 Likes

That’s what I meant.

Be careful with your words, kid. :joy:

And we still didn’t get that fanart! @defenestratin, it would be great if you can make our dreams come true! :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm…well I’d say that a powerset like that would probably keep the Zenith graded at the very bottom. But if the enhanced scenes were Daredevil/Wolverine level, allowing you to never be surprised, and even assisting you in avoiding attacks, the Zenith could probably bump up to a 2 or even a 3 if they really honed their combat skills. But yes, there would be a cap.

Also, keep in mind that Mega Cat drafted the Zenith Power Guide. The Smarts and other heroes might disagree with his approach.

@Nathan_Faxon, she is very busy at the moment working on Issue 5’s cover.

Ain’t no rest for the wicked… I need to learn how to draw .______.

2 Likes

Will we be able to change our look, just a bit, mabye later on?

I want a REAL full mask, even with no holes at all.

1 Like

Is there any way not to get our ass kicked on the fight?

Nah.

It’s for the sake of story,to remind you that you’re not the strongest and you have your disadvantages.I think.

On the bright side,there’s some really badass moments your character can have.That’s something.

1 Like

I’ll try to post what I believe is the high/low range for the Ouch Meter at the end of the fight scene and I’ll review the data in the thread to see if anyone hit either of those.

The low Ouch I calculated before posting the link might be impossible to actually accomplish if it requires stat checks that no one archetype can accomplish.

4 Likes

Is it considered off topic to talk about stuff from the first game?

If not,then I’d like to know what everyone chose as their personality and archetype.Just curious.

I went with a Broody Acrobat.

No, that’s fine. I’d rather all CCH discussion be kept in this thread as opposed to reviving older threads.

And I like the idea of playing Urban Ghost, a Captain America/Moon Knight type of soldier, dressed in whites and greys.

And I’ve given thought about who the MC would be if I ever wrote a normal story or comic about CCH. I’m learning towards Urban Ghost.

4 Likes

This is my head-cannon MC as well but she also has a US Marines Dress Blue uniform cuz I always loved my sister in her dress blues.

Edit - Which begs a question… are there ROTC recruiters on campus and do they recruit at the other Superhero colleges as well?

1 Like

My character is named Urban Ghost too.
He is a brooding detective in black trench coat and helmet.

Ranged characters feel very weak. another problem is descriptions often give no hint which stat you are going to use.

Another problem is the thugs dealing as much damage as wywern.
id nerft thugs to 10 when grabbing the rifle and 15 when getting shooted.
and 15 when flying. this gets you to 40 Ohh rather that 60 and makes would make it feel more organic.

1 Like

Speaking of damage,I find it hard to believe that being choked by a thug is as painful as being pelted by a slab of concrete.

Also,how is a chokehold more painful than being pierced by shrappel?

Pretry much every thing else that damages you makes sense except those two.

Personally,I’d reduce it to a 10% increase.But,hey,that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

I was admittedly not crazy about any of the suggested names. To me Urban Ghost kind of sounds like a techno act.

2 Likes

I personally prefer the hero names Scythe, Illusionist, Red Beetle, Jynx. Granted these aren’t used in the story but they are still my favourites whatever you may think :triumph:.

It’s impossible to pick out names that will satisfy thousands of people. I picked a few that I liked and then moved forward. Most people want to create their own name anyway.

I went with Shadowrun. Because he’s always in the shadows lurking and watching :wink: