Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Definitely @CJW is a lifesaver.

3 Likes

Amen to that. (Twenty approving characters)

If we play as a detective will we be able to do some detective work?

6 Likes

There are a few chances to find out more info, yes. Not a ton, but they’re there.

2 Likes

The first CCH roleplay card will be released sometime in early May!

Voting to decide who the first character will be ends tonight at midnight, EST!

So if you’d like to get in on that, check out my Patreon community at https://www.patreon.com/ericmoser. Even $1 Patrons get to vote on it, but only $3 and $5 Patrons will actually get the card. To get the card, you’d have to be signed up by the end of the month.

The talented @defenestratin is working with me on the cards, and I think they will be pretty darn cool!

*To be clear, they will be some sort of PDF or PNG image that you can DL from my Google Drive. They are not physical items that would be shipped.

11 Likes

i will becoming a patron Tuesday/tomorrow. :star_struck so excited

1 Like

I will be excited to have you aboard! :slight_smile:

There are a ton of side projects I’d like to get out to my Patrons, and frankly I’ve been holding off on a few ideas, waiting for CCH2 to be published so I can actually openly talk about it!

But there are still Q&As, sneak peaks at Hijinks, voting on the RP cards, and if I gather enough support, more CCH short fiction (and hopefully some StarStreakers stuff too!)

4 Likes

Do you think you’ll reveal (on forum, twitter, etc) which character the card will be for so if it’s a character people are especially interested in they’ll know to hop on and pledge? And will the cards only be available for that month, or will people who sign up later on still get access to previous months’ cards?

6 Likes

Yup I plan to reveal the winner later this week…people would still have until April 30th to sign up, so I might as well try to entice them.

And no, people who sign up later won’t get all the old ones. If you pay for a month, you get that month’s card. I want to be fair to folks who were the first to sign up.

That being said, since most folks won’t even find out about the Patreon until CCH2 is published (all my social media buttons are featured at the end), I might consider offering a higher price “Let me catch up” Tier in the future, where those new Patrons would earn access to all the cards they missed.

I am counting on many people’s natural “must collect them all” instincts. And hell, at one per month, I have probably 3 years worth of good characters to offer. (I can even offer a few villains soon)

12 Likes

Replaying CCH so it’s all FRESH for the next few weeks :smiley: Can’t wait!

2 Likes

I should probably do that too! Some of it was written back in 2013, so yeah it’s been a while since I’ve closely examined some scenes, especially the ones in Issue 1.

6 Likes

May I take this opportunity to ask if, with the code offering more possibilities now, you plan on possibly expanding/polishing the first game at some point?

1 Like

I have no plans to tweak Part 1.

In fact, I went out of my way to avoid making changes to Part 1 when I was finalizing Part 2’s logistics during beta testing. I’m converting some old Part 1 stats to new Part 2 stats to better help me go forward, and I hope that part goes smoothly. It’s my biggest worry about the launch.

10 Likes

Good luck with that :+1:

1 Like

I like my ending in CCH 1, where i improve my relationship with Tess as high as possible … i support Tess to be our leader, and have no plan to topple her (even though it was an option when i read the epilogue :slight_smile:) …i also follow her to unmask myself and gave her my real name , so i am eager to continue the romance route with Tess and back her up… i know my academic result was bad, and should probably replay to improve it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

#003 of the strip is live on my web site! You know where to go by now! Check out Stoic’s morning routine.
http://fictionbyericmoser.com/

13 Likes

The best strip (until now) with the best character is out on my birthday. Thank you ,

I pretty much just made an account on the Choice of Games forums specifically to look for a thread like this (although I have been lurking around other posts).

First off, I wanted to say that I genuinely find the characters enjoyable. They feel more alive and fleshed out than the ones from other games that I’ve played, like they have actual significance to the story. My personal favorite is Dirty Girl, she’s nowhere near as haughty as Crook but just as much fun. Even the characters I didn’t go out of my way to get to know where funny and charming.

One thing that frustrated me was though was lack of pursuable guys. Crook is married, Stunner is axed in the first game and while I was excited and surprised that Hedo seemed to have become an option…well that was shutdown rather quickly as well.

Also, I was genuinely disappointed when Nil got fired. When he was introduced, I felt like being a sneaky girl and having a different kind of power (Influence, blackmail, etc) could actually be my thing. I do hope he comes back, even if its against me.

Thanks for all your hard work!

9 Likes

Fingers crossed that we can still pursue a long-distance relationship in CCH2. Given the lack of communication that his university imposes on students, maybe we have to go full-analog and send him mushy handwritten letters and dorky polaroid selfies.

I thought that we could pursue a romance with Crook, at least in CCH2?

2 Likes

Yeeeeaaaahhh but how far can a relationship with a married man really go though?

3 Likes