Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I’m pretty much sure that a party there and there isn’t bad like @AAO said. But doing it 7/7 and taking drugs every time? I’m pretty much sure that’s wrong.

So at best, you’re doing it 3-4 times a week. DG’s doing it 7 times a week. Also, I doubt you have as much responsability as a hero. When you’re in something THAT serious one or two time a week is the most that should be authorized. She’s “”“studying”“” to be hero, but when she’ll be a pro, she’ll have to be in shape and clean or else she’s gonna fail hard.

I’lll have you know that I know someone who had a car crashby and is still alive. Obviously, that means all these things about dying on the road are lies.

5 Likes

She’s NOT a hero she’s a student

And she’s not even a very good student.

3 Likes

Okay okay let’s not get another conversation on the ban list. We just had one put onto the ban list, Dirty girl is still young and being 18 I can say this. Hell going to parties ever other day would be fun as hell. Is it a healthy choice no; she’ll probably gets done with a party probably about late at night. So she not getting enough sleep as a teenager needs. Plus to top it off she been taking ecstasy which may, I say will fuck her up in the long run.

(This is just my opinion anyways, but everyone saying that it is a healthy choice is right, will in my opinion that is. @Bright_stalker if you say you healthy than most people who you know who party. I’m considering you leave earlier and doesn’t take drugs. Please don’t let this topic end up on the ban list. Well have a good day everyone!)

4 Likes

…who’s training to be a hero.

Has it never occurred to you that her habits could, I don’t know, interfere with her studies? Meaning that she’ll most probably fail her session at Speck? Meaning that she’ll never get to be a proper hero in the first place?

8 Likes

The only students who have been heroic so far, have been the MC and Origami, and they did this by walking into a situation where they were almost certainly going to die, in order to do their best to try and save others. In fact, one of them did die (probably), and the other nearly so.

Even though she was insane, treating a training program more like a fight club, Downfall had a line that resonated with me when she said that it must stick in MC’s craw that all the people with actual powers weren’t taking things seriously. By definition, our MCs have gotten where they are by being disciplined enough to focus on developing themselves for the better part of a decade, as kids.

As much as I love DG… not sure if she has what it takes. And that’s mostly an attitude problem. We’ll see how much she adjusts I suppose, but many of the students need to seriously adjust. (As an aside, I seriously can’t wait to have MC earn the respect of these freaking Zs :stuck_out_tongue: )

Honestly, considering the role of Zs and heroes, they should be looked at as licensed peace officers with a combined paramilitary role, not as like… sociologists or engineers or something.

3 Likes

Just curious what is your definition of a hero?

Yeah that’s the problem tho. At least Tress wants to improve. At least Wombat wants to grow. However DG has shown no sign of any desire to change which is the main concern

1 Like

I think we can all agree that DG will not be a proper heroine if she continue her current lifestyle.

On another topic, I just recently saw the polls on the favored characters appearance and prefered school and I saw someone asked where the “none of the above” option is so it got me into thinking; since Lady Ash won the poll on character appearance and, as myself, would prefer not to choose any of the three school, what if if we get our school preference low enough, Lady Ash’s brief appearance is to offer us either the chance to become her apprentice or recruit us into joining the Dozen with Lady Ash asking either question but not both. This could only happen if certain stats are achieved like what I said before about not favoring any of the three hero schools or having high enough self and retribution stats giving the motivation stats more emphasis in the game with the opposite stats having equal degree of relevance. One of the reasons Lady Ash might recruit you would be something like seeing potential in you depending on how you well did you do when Manipulator returned in May or something like that. This could give the MC’s some interesting scenes when Part 3 comes since I was thinking this might be somewhere near the end of Part 2. Anyways, I’m just throwing my thoughts out here since I’ve been inactive for quite a while and I’m obviously trying to detract the discussion about how DG spends her time in the story.

2 Likes

To me a hero is someone that is ready to sacrifice anything for justice: their ideals, their families and their lives.
Someone that does not say “I did what I had to do” and hide themselves behind the idea of a “greater good”. Sure, they can choose to sacrifice one person to save hundreds whether it’s a criminal or not but they assume it was their choice and not the choice.

The most important thing for a hero isn’t surviving but saving. So despite impossible odds, they do not run. They go into every battle with a “I’m gonna die, so others won’t have to” mentality, and do so while smiling. Because a real hero is a beacon of hope and a smile can bring it to those who are lost.

They’re not fighting for fame, money or for the thrill. Hell, if we propose to them they’ll refuse it. Because a hero is not fighting for these things.

He does it so others won’t have to.

I don’t think that would happen. Why would she want some no-name kid with no powers? It’s an interesting thought and it might be interesting for the MC to want to join the Dozen one day but I don’t think Lady Ash would be interesting in a powerless kid, especially the powerless kid of a man who betrayed the Dozen before.

6 Likes

I’m going to assume that most characters are going through some type of character arc. So they will star from point A, being flawed at first, and as the story progresses, they’ll be in point B. It might even depend on the choices of the player whether they get to that point successfully.

So, here are some of my predictions about the characters:

Stunner
A: he is arrogant, he is a bully, generally kind of a jerk. He seems to care about the hero stuff more for the personal satisfaction of being one rather than a will to help others.

B: Origami’s death and the pressure of his new school have humbled him, so he is starting to understand what being a hero means. (This has already been shown so it’s more a fact than a prediction).

Tress
A: she wants to be the perfect student, her standards are really high. However last semester she faced so many personal failures that she is starting to feel insecure about herself, and she wants to take very possible chance to show the rest that she is not a failure.

B:She need to calm down. Understand that she is not perfect, she has limitations that she needs to accept and work with. That her team probably has a very high opinion of her, and that most of her problems are actually just in her mind.

Mob
A: he is also insecure. He perceives himself as dangerous and probably ha concluded that the solution to all of that is just repress his powers. He also seems to value things that might conflict with the role of being a hero, and he will eventually have to deal with it when a real fight starts.

B: ok, this is tricky. In a similar way to Origami he seems like an embodiment of goodness or innocence, and this is just such a cruel world so… It’s possible that he’s going to die or become the traitor.
On a more positive side, it’s possible that an event will trigger in him the need of take action (maybe the life of a friend or an animal is in danger and he needs to rescue them) which my lead to him taking a new perspective about his powers, learning something about the great responsability that comes with great powers, he might be able to balance that with his personal beliefs.

Crook
A: he’s kind of crazy because of Origami’s death. And he wants revenge.

B: maybe he needs to be reminded that Origami would not approve of his current actions, he needs to move on and deal with her death.

Dirty Girl

A: she has an attitude problem and she doesn’t get it seriously. Or maybe she is also hidding some baggage, and she is more insecure than she seems.

B: in a similar way to Mob, I think that something will eventually trigger her need to take action.

Stoic
A: she seems to be distant and probably has some depths that she doesn’t want or is incapable of share with the others.

B: she gets closer to the rest of the team, and eventually we learn that there is something more about her that we didn’t see before.

There’s something sweet,
and almost kind,
but she didn’t speak
and she was cold and she was shy,
and now she’s dear
and so unsure,
I wonder why I didn’t see it there before…

ok, sorry.

13 Likes

You lost me here but got me back in the next section. Are you saying Hero should not make excuses when they have to make the extremely dark choices but accept the fact that they screwed up?

1 Like

Basically, yes. A hero should always take responsability for his actions and never make excuses.

For exemple in Hero Rise if you kill Prodigal at the end of the first game because you think you can’t stop her if you don’t, you must admit that you failed as a hero and accept punishment.

1 Like

I mean Lady Ash’s impression on you would vary depending on how you did when May 20th comes. If you did pretty well, she might do just that, if not then she might appear for some different reason. I’m pretty sure she might be somehow involved in what’s about to happen in May if the Dozen is involve knowing the fact that she’s the Dozen’s leader.

That’s not heroic, just stupid, Can’t save anybody if you are dead just because you ran into a situation you clearly weren’t prepared for…It also means that you will make more work for those actually prepared and capable to deal with the situation, because they will have to save you too (If you aren’t already dead)…

5 Likes

That’s all understanble but I gotta be honest here you shouldn’t plan on dying. There should always be an escape plan along with an attack plan.
Even Batman and gods like Superman have had to run on several occasions.

1 Like

There are situation where escaping is the only choice yes.

It’s hard to explain actually. Can’t seem to find the exact words. I wanted to say to never get too confident and to assume you’re going to die to… argh. It’s been like 20 minutes I’m thinking and I can’t explain it. You know like when someone knows they are gonna die and go beyond their limits to break through? Something along these lines. A sort of self motivation.

Well. Say you did do well then. If I was her I’d be more pissed off than impressed. Some powerless child defeated one of her own people. I’d want to get rid of that person not hire them.

If I were Lady Ash, I’d try to convince him first. A powerless kid that beats up my superpowered team has got to have some talent worth nurturing; and that kid might turn out to be a much bigger problem to the hero community if I somehow convince that kid to join me.