Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I thought you could only get into a relationship with DG after midterms.

Yeah, I didn’t say she cheated on my MC.

Speaking of DG,

I’m still going through Part 1’s code, and I’m trying to keep changes minimal, but I’ve concluded that I don’t want to create a new “on ramp” for Tress, DG, Mob, or Crook in Part 2. It’s proven too hard to tweak scenes that would accurately reflect whether the MC has dated them since the beginning or if it’s brand new.

For example, I wrote the four lunch scenes for DG, Crook, Mob, and Tress, and I think they work pretty well with MCs who have at least a little history with them, but I would have to totally rewrite them if they were new relationships because in the scenes the ROs express at least a little emotional intimacy, but that’s based on there being at least SOME romantic history.

So this is my way of saying that I think I want to review Part 1 and simplify (if possible) the “on ramps” for the characters. Like maybe if you “heat up the floor with DG,” the text makes it more clear that you’re looking to date her. Basically I just want the “on ramps” to be more clear and accessible to all readers in Part 1, because it’s easier to do that than to create some way to give readers a “do over” in Part 2.

For MCs interested in Crook in Part 1, I want to edit it to heavily imply that it will go more slowly because of his secrecy, but “lock” the reader into only Crook at that point. Basically I don’t want the reader dating Person 1 while still interested in Crook. It makes things too complicated.

All this being said, I’m still giving readers dating Mob, Tress, DG or Crook, or Stunner, at the beginning of Part 2 the chance to dump that interest, with the potential of leading into a Stoic/Hed (don’t say a word! :slight_smile: ) relationship, since those two relationships would be new for any reader.

23 Likes

Everyday I have to wake up and find a way to live with the knowledge that Hedonist is going to be a romance option and not Downfall or McCormick.
I hope you’re happy.

1 Like

I understand your frustration, but is @Eric_Moser game and is his faculty add as romance choice who he desires and we should not be ranting because we only achieve or being flag or banned. As a customer, I have my faculty of not buying a game that mock my beliefs. and I would do so not supporting a game that have that vision about sexual harassment and trivialize the sexual harassing some teachers summit their pupils. Hedo behavior in my country would he between 5 9 years of jail.

Eric has all the right to including as romance whatever he wants, he already know our position. So I recommend people who opinate like us not posting here. Simply doing what I will do not support the series with my money . Is the only right as customers we have.

Sorry @Eric_Moser I promise not posting again. You are in your perfect right of make him a romance.

3 Likes

… ’ . ’ whew boy…

I’m assuming based on your previous posts that english isn’t your first language, but that was a joke.

A sorry , I didn’t get jokes if they don’t have smiles or :wink: Anyway, my point remains If people have moral issues just simply not buy the game not complain here.

2 Likes

I have few moral issues with Hedonist compared to most here, I just have a big ol’ crush on Downfall.

I have Big moral issues that’s why I refuse support this series further but I really think complaint about it only makes it worse, I will speak with my wallet.

Don’t lose hope yet! Eric might write a fling with Downfall for those who are going to train with her.

@poison_mara OK Mara, but Eric already asked us to drop the Hedonist subject, so lets not start it again.

5 Likes

Yeah, That’s a good idea focus In what you could fix instead on the negatives

So that means no romance for people who did not jump on the train in part one? Except Stoic of course…

Well, I guess I can life with that, I like her more as the other ROs…

I will never get the allure of DG for example…and Crook…eh no idea why but I want to punch him in the face most of the time…Tress is okay but more as friend? Especially if she gets as paranoid about people snatching away her leader position as I suspect…And Stunner is…really difficult to get as RO even when he seems intersting enough? At least for me…and it doesn’t seem like we will get much interaction with him at least during this part anyway… And Mob is like a puppy (some people like them, others think they can be…clingy).

5 Likes

Exactly I just could not find myself falling for any of these characters in a romantic way. They all just fall in the good friend category, including Stoic. Maybe its just me

3 Likes

Quick disclaimer to this that I do really love the main cast of CCH and none of this is supposed to be a knock on them

I think a little of the issue (and this isn’t unique at all to CCH) is that your MC has to be pretty similar to their RO in order to get on the romance path? So “opposites attract” romances don’t necessarily work with these types of games, or even “different hobbies.” I mean, I’m mostly speaking to Tress and DG since theirs are the romances that I’ve played.

I like DG as a character–kind of snarky, rebellious, she and my MC get along when they’re interacting and I think they might make a good couple except my MC wouldn’t stay at the party past midnight, so no romance ramp. And I think some of this is a limitation of the genre–Eric has been talking a lot about needing to streamline and cut out things for simplicity, so in real life my MC might the next week ask her if she wanted to go on a movie date or something. People don’t necessarily need to both want to go to five-in-the-morning drug parties in order to work out as a couple. But, again this isn’t really a drag on the game, that would be a pain to code and set up.

And I like Tress as a friend, and admittedly enjoyed her romance fine in the first game so maybe I’m off the mark and I’ll love her romance route through all three (even as I continue to plan for single-MC runthrough with a headcanon post ending Booksmart happily ever after) but … I dunno, being really clean-cut the way she is, it feels like she and my more … what’s a nice word for impulsive dumbass … proactive MC are going to end up clashing a lot. And again, maybe it won’t go that way, but in the usual methods for CoG relationships where they’re good when you agree with each other and bad when you disagree with each other, I get the impression as the series goes on there’s gonna be more disagreements.

I’m pretty middle of the road on Stoic as a character, but she also IS a relatively middle of the road character so maybe she and my MC will click more than I’m expecting. But yeah, I said this a bit in passing before but I think some of the issue is that most of the ROs sort of lean one way or the other pretty hard on the like, personal-morality spectrum which can be hard to get in to for MCs that don’t

8 Likes

This doesn’t work with the Hedonist path - the MC can never be like him.

Well, I mean you have to be at least a little pervy to flirt with a teacher.

Tress was the only character i could color without screwing up the whole drawing :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

Man, this game’s getting a lot of good fan art all of a sudden.

1 Like

You know a game is good when it gets a lot of fan art

1 Like