Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I get that hating on The Hedonist is this game’s “gnarly meme” but did you miss the part where he came in and got Manipulator’s attention so she didn’t kill you?

7 Likes

Without the help of either Prestige or Savior, there is no way Speck can survive against the Dozen.

2 Likes

Huh.

I actually never considered that. Which is dumb, since it was probably the most obvious answer to why we didn’t die from the onslaught of furniture.

This one, however, was pretty obvious on its own. At best, we’re simply going to play a significant part in taking the Dozen down (and I even doubt that this’ll actually be the case).

He did nothing I was dead already due villain powers She had just teleported me . So his action didn’t save me at all. He was just there doing nothing heroic. Water boy was Who move his ass and save me in middle air. I don’t have seen Hedo doing something remotely heroic anywhere. I mean I suppose he is super powerful and we seen him fight in this game. For now he didn’t nothing.

1 Like

'K so you are just ignoring the fact that Manipulator was about to kill us before Hedonist turned up?

5 Likes

He is a super powered hero famous in all universe and posing as super star. And the only he does is distracted her like a not powered person. I am not saying he is not a heroe I only saying he doesn’t act like one. We were teleported so his wonderful action means nothing.

1 Like

I’m not gonna be able to get through to you, am I?

1 Like

We have different opinions just that. We both agree game is great. even if I didn’t replay it a lot. I hope he did something this game something that shows the highest quality of his powers

2 Likes

I know you hate the Hedonist but still he did save and yes surfer boy did save the MC from falling to there death. There no point in declining in this since Manipulator is a grade-9 Zenith there’s no way in hell the MC was going to win this with just there equipment plus she did have a gun to, sooooo the Hedonist did save you.

3 Likes

A When I did say pc could have win?
B Pc was screwed hard and had nothing to do. Hedonist did absolutely nothing to change that. Because if Water boy wasn’t there we will be daisies over a grave.

I consider save a person more, if the saving part is a superhero, Make that person avoid all danger and return safe. He didn’t actually nothing to avoiding me all danger. The villian teleported me and he didn’t do anything to avoid that.

Is true I hate him, but I am talking cold logic. If he were acted like a human shield to avoid any danger for me , But no hanging there chill mode doesn’t is hero action in my book. Same pc was a naive stupid for don’t call the rest and the teachers Hedo included.

like I said is question of what you consider save and what you consider Heroic.

How could Hedonist have possibly stopped Manipulator from teleporting you?
Don’t forget she’s the newest member of the Dozen and exactly 0 people knew what her ability was before the hospital attack.

3 Likes

I don’t say he could have done anything, He is a super hero he should have trying harder. He didn’t try to reaching me or anything. Even if he doesn’t know her powers, he was pretty cool of being able to save me without doing anything. But this is a circle disscussion due is about what be consider being a hero and save people.

The Hedonist did prevent the MC from getting shot, but he did it by doing the very barest minimum action of “show up where the bad guys are” so how heroic it was is pretty up to the player.

I think this discussion is pretty close to the “what do you think of the Hedonist” topic that we aren’t supposed to be discussing anymore

EDIT: @poison_mara beat me to it, she’s right. Circular discussion and all that

3 Likes

I agree with you. But people in general is obsessed with changing other people opinions. I hope seeing Hedo doing something finally in new games. Maybe sacrifice himself for better good.

Have you heard about the Marvel Civil War story line?
It’s where the Marvel heroes all fight one another because SHIELD wanted to pass a law forcing heroes to give up their secret identity and work for the UN.
The reason SHIELD wanted to do this is because a team of heroes went after a new villain without trying to figure out what his powers were.
Turned out it was explosions and he leveled a middle school full of children.
The “heroic thing to do” in this situation is not to go charging towards an unknown villain when she has three hostages and a totally unknown power set beyond “at least grade 8 because the Dozen don’t recruit lower than that”.

2 Likes

The Hedonist was at least somewhat familiar with the Manipulator, because he mentions something about “the last time we met in Cleveland,” but few details are provided. And I think it’s implied that he, or his team, came out on top in that skirmish, but I’m at work and I don’t remember exactly how he phrased it.

But you can imagine that his durability and leaping might make it hard for her to take him down, whereas he would have a hard time stopping her from squishing oh-so-squishable “normal” people like MC.

And the Hedonist would argue that, given those parameters, that he was smart to boldly approach her, perhaps rattle her, and let the speedy Captain react to whatever she does.

EDITED TO ADD: And of course Manipulator was toying with MC.

15 Likes

The only reason I personally have to hate the Hedonist is the move he made on Tress while I was dating her. Other than that, I can overlook most things and admit he is crazy helpful overall.

1 Like

At least he didn’t bang your MC’s girlfriend, like he did with my MC.

1 Like

Can we go back to talking about how scary birds are? I liked it when we all got along.

6 Likes

Everyday I’m terrified by the possibility of an overhead shitstorm while I’m walking to class