Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Holy crap, it’s released on the 22nd. I knew it was this month but wasn’t sure when. That’s another game I’m buying on release. Now to wait in GP to pop it on there.

Hmm I actually never played any of the ZE games before. Are they good? Also is Safe haven or Zombie Exodus the first one?

Well technically they take place at the same time I believe, just in different places. But Exodus came out first I think, it been years. Though for exodus the purchase is different. The upfront price only gets you part of the story. The author added expansions to it and you have to buy those separately. Not sure if after all this time if he added a bundle price for them all, I doubt it.

Though haven is a lot shorter than exodus, just pointing it out. Though I liked exodus better. Difference being in exodus you work with a group, I. Haven you’re mostly solo with the option of helping or pairing up. There you are basically preparing to leave to find a “safe haven” and it leaves you hanging, thankfully part 2 should be out today, though it will probably end in another cliffhanger.

Part Two is already out. I actually got the update for Safe Haven and it had the new content added to it. Haven’t seen it yet because you’d have to pay to get it unlocked.

2 Likes

The first one sounds kinda expensive. What is the game like though? Is it kinda like The Walking Dead?

Thanks for letting me know, I was looking in gp store for a standalone part 2 lol.

@Frogs
Exodus is kinda pricey if you want it all. I think its around $10-15 for it all. And yeah its kinda like walking dead, you go out foraging, reinforce your base, forge relationships, deal with conflict and enemies, etc.

4 Likes

Yep no problem. I was surprised to see Part Two being added to Safe Haven since I assumed it’d be released as a standalone app too. But at least, it now has 900k words in it so someone probably could spend hours and hours on it in a single playthrough lol

3 Likes

A small teaser!

So I’ve been working on some new exclusive content for the website. Part of that will be a project with @HomingPidgeon. Community College Hijinks, a light-hearted comic strip that takes place during the Fall semester (when everyone is still alive!) is coming soon!

The first strip will be posted on fictionbyericmoser.com this Thursday, March 29th, and then every other Thursday after that! At least that’s my plan for now. If you like them, please comment on the website!

Each strip will be four panels. This is just the thumbnail of the first panel of Strip #001. We already have four strips completed, so at least that many will be posted. Whether we keep going depends a lot on reader interest and feedback.

28 Likes

Just a small question about part 2. I don’t think it fits in the "don’t talk about it until release (since it’s been mentionned before):

How would a tactician MC fare in a 1V1 fight? I mean, what would it change? They could analyze the power of their opponents to use their weaknesses, but would they be able to actually predict what they’re going to do?

I’m planning to do a Part 2 cover reveal for my Reader’s Appreciation Group (RAG in the house!) on Friday, so if anyone is interested and hasn’t signed up yet, you can do so below!

https://fictionbyericmoser.us12.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=0bc60cfad1106d111721ca61f&id=572b5dd185

6 Likes

Looks like it still doesn’t want to send me the confirmation email. :frowning:

That’s probably my user error. I may not have set up confirmation email correctly. That’s something I need to address.

But if you signed up, you’re now on the list, I can assure you. My list has increased by 8 people in the last hour so the link is definitely working.

1 Like

You sure? I tried signing up last time and the same thing happened, maybe it’s just me.

PM me your email address and I’ll check my list.

1 Like

Just read the Stoic Christmas novel, and now I try to stop my hype level to go over 9000… Can’t wait to see what are the next chapters for our favorite hero students !

2 Likes

Glad you liked it! And I wrote it like 2 years ago so I’m way overdue to do another.

6 Likes

I’m Mob not saying Mob that a Mob specific
character should Mob be the Mob protagonist of this new Mob novel BUT there is one I would like to know more about

6 Likes

I think doing a vote to pick the main character of the next short story would be really fun. But I’ll worry about the logistics of that stuff this summer. (I’m pretty sure Mob will be a choice)

This weekend, I’m working on reviewing copy edits that I got back, and creating the screen shots. (last tasks on my list, as far as I know)

19 Likes

I launched a Patreon page today! https://www.patreon.com/ericmoser

I wanted to include the link in the CCH2’s text files so everyone who buys CCH2 sees it, so I’ve been frantically working on final copy edits and creating my Patreon page so I can submit final stuff, including screenshots, to CoG by the end of this week! My final tasks will be done! (I think)

Anyway, Professor McCormick, Combat Wombat, and Booksmart helped me design the Rewards. Well, they sort of took over. (Mega Cat wanted to help as well, but his rewards are too…Mega…and I need to wait a while before offering those).

Rewards include:

• Access to Patreon feed

• Early access to every “Community College Hijinks” strip

• Q&As, polls, and hopefully live chats

• Exclusive CCH roleplay cards

• Ongoing dialogue re: craft of writing, and writing interactive fiction. I would love for others to learn from (many) mistakes!

• Patreon-exclusive short stories! (A Goal)

• Patreon-exclusive ‘episodes’ of “Community College Hijinks” (Another Goal)

• And more, depending on reader feedback!

Just to make it clear, because some folks use Patreon as a sort of gofundme (which it is not!), I want everyone who becomes a patron to feel like they are getting real value and enjoyment from the Rewards! That’s the goal; to have a platform where I can share more and more content, and give more and more access, and yes, earn some money back to compensate me for the time and out-of-pocket costs.

So if you’re interested, check it out! I’ve already posted “Community College Hijinks #002” which is available to all patrons, even at the $1 level.

19 Likes

It’s very much like the Walking Dead…ZE is one of my favorites,worth the cost.