Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Thats good to hear. Because i thought i was stuck and wouldnt be able to have a RO.

1 Like

Now hold on just a diddly doo darn second.

After going back to the “least favorite character” poll (for no other reason than to bask in the glory of hate that is sent towards Stunner and Uni) I found a reasonable amount of hate going toward Crook.

Why’s that?I mostly just saw him as a chill dude.

3 Likes

Probably because he flirts so much despite his secret (he’s married.) He can also be a bit cocky.

For my part I don’t get the Uni-hate. You have to go out of your way to even talk to her, what’d she ever do to any of you?

4 Likes

I think I’m the only one that voted stoic, or was it DG?

I love uni there is ONLY one person who is better than her which is dirty girl (tress is a good third)

2 Likes

As I said above, I haven’t played Part 1 in a while, so most of my reasoning came from the Part 2 demo, which doesn’t include Uni (and I don’t recall much about her from the origial, anyway). Meanwhile, my memories of Stunner were somewhat alleviated by his Part 2 cameo, but Crook was getting drunk, getting me beaten up, getting us both in legal trouble, and so on.

I’m still shocked by how many people voted for shirtless Hedonist on my poll… (Although it’s good to see Wombat almost tying with Crook for third place.)

1 Like

@Sashira I mean,I don’t hate her a lot to be honest.Sure,in my opinion,she’s a bland,boring character but that’s about it.

@ParrotWatcher I’m still thinking how in the world did our MC agree to the whole thing.At least they should’ve come up with an argument or something.

And as for the shirtless Hedonist,well…that just means that the Smarts plan is working.The Hedonist will use his muscles to seduce all the students and have then under his control.The only person that can stop this is,obviously,Stoic chan with her womanly charms.

#Stoic Is The Hero We Need

5 Likes

I really enjoyed tackling Stunner in the Capture The Flag game.

Especially when I played as an Acrobat and actually knocked him back a few feet.I’m sure that was a catastrophe to his ego.

And I love it.

It also helps that Senpai notices me when I tackle Stunner (I think you know who it is by now)

2 Likes

Well, keep in mind the poll was “least favourite character”, not “most hated character”.
I don’t really hate any of the students (yet), I voted for Uni because i didn’t really care about her.

Although, at first I was going to vote for Stunner since he’s kind of a bully, but even if he’s a jerk he’s at least interesting and had some development. And I also enjoyed antagonizing him with one of my Mc, Uni is just …meh.

1 Like

I think i get why Stunner does what he does. Think about it, he and probably his parents were so hyped to have him make it into a great hero school but he ends up at the school for “rejects”. Now his pissed off at himself for not meeting his own expectations and scared that if he doesn’t get out he’ll never make it big as a hero. So he trains and fights with all his got so he can win and enter the “big leagues”. Regardless of the very obvious consequences. But over time he begins to form a decent bond with his classmates.
I think Stunner might be turning over a new leaf and has begun to grasp what should be really important in life as a person as well as a hero.
Sure he was a prick in the past but if characters like Vegeta can change so can Stunner. He just needs the right person to stick out their hand say “Let me show you the way bro”.
As for Uni i think Eric made a great decision kicking her out of the story. She was amusing, had. . . . . some potential, but it felt like she was just there for more lol’s than Hi-Jinx.

5 Likes

All this talk about the second game is getting me really hyped.

Can’t wait for December 2016!

Wait,what? What do you mean it got delayed till Spring 2017?! Why you do dis? :cry:

It got delayed?!?! Why?

Ah come on,look on the bright side:If it got delayed,that only means that it’s going to get better.

3 Likes

Here’s the one thing Stunner has that Uni doesn’t.

Sure,Stunner may be a massive dick wad, but he left an impression on us.Not a very good impression,but an impression nonetheless.We noticed his acts of douchebaggery and most of us hated it.But,you never know,maybe Stunner might turn over a new leaf.

This is where Uni lacks.She simply fails to interest us.I agree with Erics choice to remove her from the game,since she simply felt like the side characters.And she wasn’t even the good ones,like Rain or Shine or even Gladiator.She was more along the lines of the unfunny Hi Jinx,annoying Pink Cavalier and Dr. Hover (Your power is that you hover?Wow,you’re gonna get REAL far in the hero industry).

It also doesn’t help her that she’s neither in Team B nor Team H,thus we get very little screen time with her.

7 Likes

You guys know how release dates go. An author has to anticipate a 3+ month delay between submitting the game to CoG and publication.

You can also all see how much work there is left to do. I’m only about a 1/3 of the way done. Even though I’m cranking up the pace, there’s no way this is getting finished until January or February, at the very earliest. Then add three months for the publication line, and you’re looking that April or May. It’s quite possible I might bump the anticipated date back to summer 2017 unless progress really…well progresses faster than it has.

11 Likes

Well,I’ll be sitting in my corner loyally waiting until then.

I think I replayed the game like 30 times(I wish it was exaggeration),and I guess I’ll keep replaying it until then.

5 Likes

So this is something that I’ve been thinking about for quite long:what do the people in Speck think about a hero killing a villan?

As far as I know,in Heroes Rise this is extremely frowned upon.So I’m interested in what the Speck Heroes think about this topic? Do they think that if you kill a villan,you’re just as bad as them? Or do they believe that they deserve no mercy and that killing them off is for the greater good?

5 Likes

That makes perfect sense.
I was a afraid this was going to become a situation similar to Mighty No.9.
Good luck Eric and if there is anything we can do,be it inspiration,or just moral support just ask​:+1::laughing:

That’s. . . . .a pretty gray area.
It really depends if you had no other logical option or if the Villian was so powerful you couldn’t afford to hold back.
Then theres the question of if you felt bad about it or enjoyed. Also depends how you went about killing them.
Was it overly brutal or was it painless???
Did killing this person save any lives besides your own?
There are just a lot of factors to consider.
But unfortunately at the end of the day if you do kill someone, people like Mob or Tress are going to look at you in a completely different light from that point on untill they understand.

1 Like

Huh,I guess you’re right.

Sure,Mob and Tress would be mortified about it,but there would people who might actually approve of it.Downfall did say that to survive in the hero world,you have to be ruthless.And I have no doubts that Crook would totally approve of killing a villan.

4 Likes