Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Why not just increase a characters current stats by whatever number (5? 10?) rather than overwriting them? like if my character had 8 whoosh and 4 thud and then had the set increase make their thud 20 and whoosh 15 (or something similar) they would be very confused as theyre a very quick/evasive kind of hero. Or we could choose which stats we could train? Like make it a sort of “which stats do you want to work on?” and you kinda ‘rate’ which stats from most to least you want to increase. The one you would want to increase most your character would train very often, but the one you least want to increase would be trained once or twice but fall by the wayside in favor of the other stats.

There could also be like a little hint dialogue thats like “Since you are Dr. Stench/a tactician/a zenith, it seems wise to focus on [insert the two stats here]. However, you could probably train in the other stats and be just as effective.”

1 Like

@Skystalker If the armor is the same as the Dr. Stench chibi, then there’s no place for that kind of stuff:
-Zap, Thud, Shhh: those are the main stats so the stuff is already the best.
-Hmm: if my memory’s correct, there’s a gaz mask on the armor so the goggles/listening device would be hard to include. For the hacking kit, it’s simply out of character.
-Pow: once more, out of character.
-Whoosh: the armor looks pretty heavy, so the equipment is not adapted.

@illuminato It would waaaaay too hard to code. I mean doing this means you have to find a way to adapt each choice to every combinaison.

Example: you follow the Dr. Stench path with an Acrobat or a Detective. You want to shoot an enemy. Your max zap (currently) would be 5/6 plus… let’s say 10 so 15/16. Since Eric said every class would succeed on every route, that means you’d need at least 10 zap to success (since no one will build an Acrobat or a Detective specialized in Zap).
On the other hand, if you play Soldier or Sharpshooter, your stats would be way higher than that. So that would mean you have to double the coding amount for it to be fair.
However if you fix stats, this would be fair to everyone.

4 Likes

Well because of my work situation, I haven’t had time to write in the last 2 days, and today doesn’t look great either. And I have little time for forum-browsing either. Hence, I won’t be able to even read most posts, so even if helpful feedback is given, I won’t have an opportunity to review it.

And seriously if I manage to snag a hour lunch once in a while over these next few weeks, I should probably spend that time jotting down scene notes as opposed to posting on here. So it’s best to close the thread for a bit until things settle down on my end. Hopefully it won’t be long. I’ll post the update when the thread is reopened.

So @Havenstone, @JimD, @Mary_Duffy, @Sashira, could someone temporarily close the thread?

22 Likes

I figured I would resurrect this thread with an update…

I sent in the game files to HG last month. CCH2 is being copyedited. I am very excited about this, as I didn’t get this service for Part 1.

I am transitioning to a new website. Check out http://fictionbyericmoser.com. I am partnering with a very talented forum member to create new content for the website that I think folks will enjoy!

And I have a new MailChimp sign up form for my Reader Appreciation Group for story updates, exclusive offers, etc. I plan to offer another FREE short story later this year that will ONLY be available to this group.

If you have signed up by emailing me in the past few weeks at eric at fictionbyericmoser dot com, then I manually added you to this Group. That’s only 19 people. BUT if you signed up longer ago, using the communitycollegehero email, I am NOT manually adding you because I want to make sure you still want to get the messages.

Please sign up again by clicking here https://fictionbyericmoser.us12.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=0bc60cfad1106d111721ca61f&id=572b5dd185 It just takes a few seconds!

31 Likes

(o_o)
<(o_o<)
(>o_o)>
<(o_o)>

This is my happy dance.

On a more serious note, I wished to apologize for my lack of feedback during the beta. The beginning of college was pretty hard (especially the administration) and by the time I remembered it, it was over. And with everything I had to do, I forgot to send proper excuses until now.

5 Likes

No worries! I recoginize that life happens to folks. Testing a game is pretty low on the priority list when school, work, or family issues demand our attention. I always try to recruit more testers than are needed, to account for attrition.

I ended up with plenty!

5 Likes

Congrats Eric!

I’m glad you are getting the additional attention paid to your project pre-production … polish is something that we all benefit from before a release.

I’m also happy for you getting your website running the way you want it to.

8 Likes

Woohoo, can’t wait!! Now, which save file to pick back up first. The one with Dirty Girl as a RO and I went down her dark path, or whats her name, the one with the hair (been so long I forget her name lol) as a RO? Choices, choices.

You mean Tress? I dated her at my first save but started to dislike her a little bit later. She is too much of an attention seeker in my opinion

4 Likes

Yup, that’s her name. Funny I remember her real name but not her hero name. Yeah, a bit too goody goody and the like, I like DG better by far. I need to try the other girls but never got around to it. Hopefully we can romance Stoic in part 2.

2 Likes

Forget the romance… I hope origami is alright. Was picking up the bit of paper the right decision?! on seat’s edge

5 Likes

I don’t know about DG, she seemed cool at the start but her romance scene turned me off. I’d rather not become an ecstasy addict or something
I think Stoic is actually the best of the female characters (excluding Origami). Uni is kinda meh too, I wouldn’t want to romance someone who bailed on you when you offered them to split the date costs.

6 Likes

Dunno, but I kept the piece on some of my playthroughs. I hope so.

I had two MCs for her, one where I fell with her, one where I got her to clean up (I think) or at least didn’t partake myself. Sucks about Uni, good thing I didn’t seek her out. I like Stoic too, I liked getting her to come out of her shell bit by bit, especially if you, Stoic and WOMBAT beat the football team and choose the right options throughout the 1st one and the demo. Though if she is a RO, I wonder if revealing yourself to the others will have a bad effect with her, seeing as she didn’t really approve of doing that.

4 Likes

Actually if you didn’t romance anyone else revealing your face in the end would raise your relationship with Stoic by +2
And I don’t like the whole drugs thing. She’s pretty persistent too, if you decide to refuse she’d still ask you to take drugs again (this time stronger ones)if you choose to join the drinking group near the end of chapter 4. If you take them you’d pass out and Crook would have to carry you home and say you could have gotten killed by it. I don’t want to get involved in dangerous things like that.

3 Likes

Cool, I need to do a replay before 2 comes out and don’t romance anyone. In hopes of Stoic being a RO.

I can see your point. Though to me the drugs is just a part of who she is. For me, I’m willing to look past that and give her a chance, especially if we can convince her to stop and get help. Because other than that she a decent person, albeit with flaws, but likeable if your MC is a certain type of hero; jokester, etc. I can probably see her not meshing well with a Traditional and Stoic(?) MC though.

1 Like

Oh hell yeah. Can’t wait for the release

Unfortunately I didn’t partake in the beta. But I have several playthroughs from CCH1 already stored on CoG Servers, different classes and RO’s for each. Though I wouldn’t be sure if that will make it into the final product. That may have been a beta option so you can experience the RO’s. While in the purchased version, we may have to romance the old fashioned way like in CCH1. Hopefully @Eric_Moser can verify.

As someone stated, and as I put in the new thread title, I do not want to discuss any CCH2 content until after release, whenever that ends up being. I’m already starting to forget what I wrote, anyway!

Right now I am happy trying to devour all the new releases, Wayhaven, Fallen Hero, Highway Wars, and now the new ZE.

I mostly reopened the thread to share my new social media info with people, since it’s changed recently, and to make sure I had an up-to-date list of folks to email when a release date is assigned. And to let everyone know that the wait is almost over; I’m very excited, I must admit.

14 Likes