Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I was responding specifically to Eric saying that in a novel or comic adaptation of CCH he might make Mob canonically straight or canonically gay, instead of just leaving him bi or pan. NPC-NPC romances are a whole other ball of wax that I don’t have much of an opinion either way on

Yes but if it’s an adaptation of the original material, I think it’s more undestandable redefining some details of the characters like sexual orientation, now that the characters wouldn’t be romance options anymore.

Or you might want to leave them ambiguous anyway, at least for the six romanceable characters.

My issue is, like I said above, if there’s a canon version of a character that isn’t attracted to the gender you romanced that character as, it could make the romance in the game feel odd or less respected. Like the character your romancing would be happier with someone of a different gender, or make their attraction to your MC feel less genuine. It’s also unintentionally disrespectful to bi and pan players–why would that aspect of their identity need to be redefined at all? What would the issue be with just letting them be attracted to multiple genders?

I’d be all for it being left ambiguous as it is in the game. I wouldn’t complain about labels, but again, I’m perfectly happy just letting everyone love who they love and leaving it as a non issue

3 Likes

Because it isn’t really defined to begin with. We’re not talking about changing an actual bi/pan character to a gay/straigh one.

Hey I didn’t wan’t to offend you, I just don’t think I would mind it too much if in a hypotetical adaption one of those characters was suddenly straight or gay. But it’s ok, YMMV.

Please I don’t want to keep talking about this, at least not in this thread, this is becoming a little too complicated.

Fair enough–I’m sorry if I sound harsh, as (I think) I said earlier, the whole concept of “playersexual” as something other than a criticism is just something I don’t like and wish would go away. It isn’t my intention to take out that frustration on you, my apologies

1 Like

OH MY GOD. I REALIZED SOMETHING.

Crook is Gavin, our father ex-cellmate! The description perfectly matches: “Well you know my cellmate Gavin, he is turning out to be okay. Young guy, on the cocky side yeah, but he’s not as bad as most of the guys in here. Just a dumb kid who made some bad decisions. He seems to be trying to turn things around and he’s keeping his nose clean.”

And it might actually prove my theory even further. The second letter mentions he changed "He started out well but he’s hanging with some dangerous guys. " that he “tries to impress” and they might “talk him into doing something dangerous”.

The guys were perhaps agents of the Dozen charged to watch for the guys in prison, and instead of getting their hands dirty they used Crook as an easy way to kill our father.

Not to mention I found a hole in my theory: if he had a cellmate, how did he not react? I mean he was stabbed 12 times! However if it was his cellmate that did it, it removes that problem.

It makes perfect sense and it fit in with my previous deductions: he has a criminal background, is perhaps intimidated into killing our father, realizes his errors and try to make up for it.

28 Likes

DG cannot be lesbian, because she was very interested in Hedonist the first time she saw him and even slept with him to get a better grade.

1 Like

Oooo, I really like that.

[spoiler]That also goes sort of hand with him not revealing his name–not because he thinks the MC will recognize it, but just keeping up the build to the reveal.

The name thing also works with Stoic, if she’s hiding being related to Mega Cat.[/spoiler]

6 Likes

@HomingPidgeon, @Harroc, sometimes I’m glad only a few folks frequent the thread. I can only come up with so many possible surprises! My spreadsheet has its limits!

14 Likes

@Eric_Moser Aaah the Spreadsheet demon… I know that feeling.

@HomingPidgeon Yup, that’s why I said it perfectly fits in :grin:

1 Like

Now I think that I’m going to be disappointed if it turns out that Crook was a normal guy all along without a real dark secret (except the being married and having kids thing).

Crook doesn’t necessarily have a wife.

His quote from Part 1 is: Crook rubs his thick brown hair and speaks slowly. “You think it’s tough bein’ here? Try doing this married with a kid back at home. It changes everything.”

15 Likes

Oh, my apologies.
I haven’t read that scene since a long time ago, but I kind of reminded him saying the word “wife”.

But now that I think of it, it might be another forum member saying something about “he has wife and children”.

[Spoiler]If its a husband it would really blow out of the water the idea that he wasn’t on board with a kid–since adoption processes are so complicated and long. (Unless he has a trans husband, of course.)

It could still be a loveless, regrettable marriage, but it’s more assumed that it would be happy at some point.[/spoiler]

1 Like

Unless he married a guy who was already a (bisexual?) father…

Well it’s not canon that he wasn’t on board with the kid. But personally, I like to think of him as such, its my little Epileptic Tree.

[spoiler]2 possibilities then:
-he’s divorced since his wife left when she discovered he was a villain. That would actually leave the romance open.
-more complicated he’s not technically married because he’s officially dead. That would be a proof to the second theory but as I said I don’t really like it.

There’s also the husband thing but it’s not denying my main theory either. On the other hand it would deny the second. [/spoiler]

You’re suggesting I (errr, my MC) tried to kiss my dad!?!?! :sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

That could explain why he doesn’t let you do. The second time (he was caught by surprise the first).

14 Likes