Community College Hero: Fun and Games (Releases on Feb 3rd!)

below.

3 Likes

Or in non-dad joke terms, Iā€™m interested.

4 Likes

The next time one of my kiddos asks me, ā€œDid you get a haircut?ā€ Iā€™m going to reply, ā€œNo, I got them all cut.ā€

Oh, and okay Iā€™ll send you a private invite.

4 Likes

Twitter folks have rounded out the group; closing the thread for now as I start processing feedback. Thanks to all who joined up!

4 Likes

Iā€™m entering the FINAL round of testing before I submit the game files. Having played this game about a million times in the past few days, I am very proud of this game. I found writing three separate stories a LOT harder than just writing one big one.

The game now has 47 Achievements, 3 of which unlock short stories featuring Crook, Stoic, and Dr. Hover. Some folks around here may have read those years ago perhaps, but I think about 99% of my players have never even heard of them, so I wanted to include them in the app itself.

If anyone will have time in the next 4-5 days to play the game and look for errors/bugs in the Achievements, the Stat Screens (three are multiple stat screens) and the games themselves, and report those to me, just comment below and I will invite you to a private thread. I intend to submit the game files by next weekend, so please only sign up if you have time this week to submit error reports.

Thanks!

5 Likes

@Eric_Moser
Just want to say Iā€™ve greatly enjoyed playing CCH 2.5, and look forward to it coming out. Congratulations on finishing it.

Also, Iā€™ve posted the errors Iā€™ve found in the latest update to patreon.

6 Likes

Thanks, man! I wrapped up the screenshots tonight and will turn in the files in a few days.

6 Likes

CCH 2.5 is pretty much done and will just move through the queue over the next few months. I did want to share the 3rd short story cover, illustrated and designed by @defenestratin

I wanted a side character to get a backstory, and now I hope when people read it they will get a little annoyed at the Speck 7 for making fun of him.

13 Likes

Fun and Games is, appropriately enough, about 2.5 months out from publication. Weā€™ve dropped the ā€œ2.5ā€ from the title though; the title is long enough and the 2.5 was probably a bit confusing.

I figured I would post the Dr. Hover story here just in case anyone wants to read it before February. It will be one of three unlockable short stories included with the game (along with Stoicā€™s and Crookā€™s, which more people have read). For me, this short added depth to the the good Doctor, so much in fact that Iā€™ll have to make sure he has ā€œhis momentā€ in the finale.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve realized that I get little joy (Twitter) or little fan interaction (FB) on my main socials, and after talking with a few very savvy authors here, I decided to start a tumblr. I donā€™t have the energy to run multiple blogs, so everything I publish would be included in this one. Iā€™m looking forward to more interaction with other IF writers and fans! Iā€™m working on adding content over the next few days; itā€™s pretty skeletal right now.

If youā€™re interested: Tumblr

9 Likes

The Steam link is UP!

Feel free to wish list, if youā€™re so inclined! :slightly_smiling_face: It ensures that youā€™ll get an email reminder when itā€™s published, and it can help Fun and Gamesā€™s visibility on Steam.

14 Likes

Alright, just about a month out. Itā€™ll be my first ā€˜regular-sizedā€™ publication since 2018, so Iā€™m both excited and a little nervous, especially since the game is a bit smaller than some may like. I do feel like it makes for a fairly robust experience between the 3 games and also the 3 short stories.

Iā€™m hoping/planning for two more 2022 releases to really get my dry spell officiallyā€¦undried? Moist? Ugh no not that. Less dry. Then the plan is summer 2022 Talon City and late 2022 All Things End. But Iā€™ll just approach them one at a time and Fun & Games is first up.

Iā€™m looking over the game files this week, adding the Dr. Hover story and art, and fixing the *rand commands, which I need to hide at least a page before the die rolls are fired, just to keep people from accidentally (or intentionally) rerolling/checking stat page on the choice pages. Then itā€™s mostly a matter of making sure thereā€™s nothing in the stories that makes me go, ā€œI wrote THAT? Thatā€™s wildly inappropriate!ā€

11 Likes

So freaking excited to play it. And getting the Stoic short story is my main goal. I donā€™t even care about the Dozen anymore

3 Likes

Stoic definitely gets as much ā€˜screen timeā€™ as anyone in Fun & Games. Sheā€™s featured in two of the interactive stories and is the main character in one of the shorts. Oh, and Baby Stoic is the gameā€™s small marketing icon.

4 Likes

My Twitter account is being hacked byā€¦Community College hero characters!

If you have a Twitter account, you can vote here: https://twitter.com/CCH_EricMoser/status/1481768633831501831

The winner takes over my Twitter account starting on Monday. Iā€™m really worried Quickie might get me suspended.

10 Likes

Tress won the poll so sheā€™ll be taking over both my Twitter and my Tumblr) starting tomorrow. (Content will be the same).

Then on Thursday, a new two-day poll will start to name the character who will take over on January 24th. (Stoic would make for a really, really easy week).

7 Likes