Community College Hero (for all post-release feedback)

Acrobat class reminds me of Nightwing kinda

And I wanna be like Cyclops so LASER EYE ME! but more like cyclops before he went crazy

Hey @HornHeadFan , could you answers a few questions of mine?
If you can, here are they:

1. The Green Smoke that Downfall uses against our team, is the power of DG? If yes, will she ever learn to use it?

2. Will we learn who told the police about out PCā€™s team entering the church?

3. How Contrarian knew our PC is the child of Dr. Stench?

4. What powers Low Life have?

5. Besides the six members we already know from the Dozen, who are the others six and what are their powers?

First question is yes, it is an extended version of D.Gā€™s power. Downfall used all of the studentā€™s powers to full capability, so D.G will learn how to do that hopefully. Iā€™m predicting she could also make toxic smoke, tear gas and other forms of gases.

1 Like

If she can do it, she might be a powerful Zenith, capable of taking down even invulnerable Zeniths like Hedonist or Stoic.

Many of the students could be high level Zenith, they need to discover their full potential.

@Urban,

1. Unclear in the story, but yes @Nathan_Faxon might be right about this! Remember Downfall also used some sort of ā€œkinetic punchā€ in the showdown as well.

2. Maybe!

3. Now THAT would be a spoiler.

4. Superhuman strength, enhanced density (also, heā€™s short). I donā€™t think this is too spoilery considering there are still six members completely unknown to readers. So the only ones we know now are ā€œthe big threeā€ (Lady Ash, Monstrosity X, Shizukani) and then Low Life, Flok and Manipulator.

5. Iā€™d expect more of that info to be revealed in Part 2, especially if the MC takes a certain path.

1 Like

So will Manipulator show up in the next part and we will get a true battle with her? Will any other members of the dozen accompany her?

I made another playthrough today and saw when were defeated by the dozen that somebody betrayed usā€¦ now I donā€™t trust anybody.

Damm so many ā€œin the next episodeā€ answers. :grin:

Can you tell us the powers of Streetsmaet, Booksmart and Mega Cat?

@Nathan_Faxon If Manipulator appears again, I doubt we will have any chance against her without any kind of help of others high grade Zeniths.

I wouldnā€™t be so pessimistic about it. Weā€™ll be prepared this time, trained by people who have dealt with her and we wonā€™t be alone this time. Plus there is the hopeful chance weā€™re a late Zenith bloomer, I hope.

I am just wondering if the selected personality could affect character ways to deal with problems and people. I missed more use of persuasion in the game more because we have no powers in a Powered people school. A joke could distract from attack. Charming could confuse of course only could work in few moments.

Manipulator still a Zenith grade 8 who eluded several powerfuls Zeniths like Hedonist and Capitain California, she could teleport you 1000 fleet high and it would be the end your character. Even if the PC is a late bloom Zenith (very unlikely), I doubt he/she would be a grade 8 or higher.
Even with the training, she still way more powerful than any student of Speck (with their current power, some students, like CW, DG or Stoic, could become really powerful).

Maybe so, but donā€™t forget in the prologue weā€™re facing the big three. Although we didnā€™t look very good fighting them, if we are strong enough to confront all three at once -with Lady Ash being a level 10- we must be strong enough to take down Manipulator. Heroic moments happen in these games, where Manipulator will throw us around a lot and when you think all hope is lost, something superheroic will happen that will turn the tables in our favour. Iā€™m very sure Manipulator will be the big battle and we will get the upper hand on her somehow. Yes, she has a powerful form of telekinesis, but even the all powerful have a weakness.

Iā€™d honestly prefer to have a version of Downfalls powersā€¦ Thatā€™d be pretty cool.
Contrarian prepared to teleport the MC, but the MC is too fast and teleports Contrarian first
MC: Thatā€™s for the hospital!
Contrarian: FU!!

Telekinesis means that you actually have to focus in order to use the ability so if you distract them it is possible to disable the ability

Actually it would appear that Manipulator doesnā€™t possess telekinetic powers but rather can teleport objects around, letting inertia and gravity do the dirty work. So yes there are holes in her armorā€¦even Mega Cat has holes in his armorā€¦no one in the Speckverse is Wally West. :zap:

3 Likes

Who is Wally West? I am not versed in heroes stuff

He is a Flash and basically (at least until a few years ago when they revamped everything) he can arguably do anything, hitting someone 1,000,000 times before they can even blink.

Essentially, heā€™s a plot device.

2 Likes

So Iā€™m guessing we can exploit these holes when we battler her? I would say she canā€™t use her power close range in danger of hitting herself, but maybe she could teleport further away from usā€¦ She seems to rely on her powers too much in combat, so she could be easy to take out if we can keep it close range and land a few good hits

Well teleporters can teleport themselves and often are reliant on this ability in a fight. Sometimes teleproters are restricted to wear they can see. Another downside is that a teleporter can accidentally teleport themselves into an object which would kill them. Its how nightcrawler died