Community College Hero: Releasing Soon

I saw you mentioned this on the testing thread and I did not post there because I do not want to test but Congratulations on your new job!

I hope all goes well. :blush:

Congrats on your eventual publishing on CoG! I thought about signing up for beta-testing, but I figured I’d just wait for the final release since I’m more interested in playing it than testing it. :smile:

Oh, please do. It gives people a place to be excited together while they’re waiting. Without this one we would have never gotten to see all the CCH fan art. And all ChoiceScript games need a public demo, right? So you’d need to post that somewhere anyway.

4 Likes

Thanks, @Wolfsra, It’s going mean more money, dressing formally again :necktie: and (probably) more stress, so that’s a big reason I want to put CCH to bed by Sunday.

@HiroVoid, That is fine with me! I’m hoping it’s published by May. I think it usually takes about two months or so.

@Sashira, You should be a lawyer! Okay I will.

2 Likes

Like CCH on Facebook! I just launched it today and I’m trying to get 50 likes this week.

And the website will be found at communitycollegehero.com (I have the domain name purchased) hopefully in a month or two.

3 Likes

Can we use hand to hand combat as a main focus? Just found out about this.

@Jerred_Manns, well I guess it depends on whether you call using brass knuckles “hand to hand combat.” Later in the series, you also might be able to score an upgrade that increases your unarmed combat ability. :fist: Sorry for the… does the math… three week delay in responding. My apologies.

General Announcement: I hope to have some exciting news about CCH in the near future. That’s all I can say for now. I’ll leave it all nice and vague and annoying ambiguous. :confused:

Finally…Shameless Plug Time!

If you haven’t already, please like CCH on Facebook. I’m trying to reach 100 likes this weekend. EDIT: Help me reach 125 this weekend.

Well to all those folks who have PMed or otherwise inquired about the status of CCH, there is an update on the FB page.

3 Likes

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

That’s huuuuge news! Congratulations!

Thanks to you both. The timing is actually pretty good with summer coming up. No homework for the kiddos and slim pickings on tv both free up some time.

I think I wrote almost 50% of CCH last summer so I’m aiming to make this one equally productive.

Congratulations @HornHeadFan! You deserve it! :smile:

I saw your post about the game being delayed so that CoG can help you make improvements, and I completely understand, as much as I’d love to buy the game rn, in the long run making it as amazing as possible is the way to go, and your story deserves the best :slight_smile: quick question though, if you wouldn’t mind giving specifics, what improvements do you think you’ll be making?

Thanks @Brian! I appreciate it.

@alliebee, I’m not sure how many details I’m supposed to share, but generally speaking, I’ll be spending a lot of time improving existing choices and adding new choices. I’ll also add material and stats to track the MC’s motivation(s) as well as revise certain parts of the overall storyline. I think both the narrative and the gameplay will be significantly enhanced.

6 Likes

That’s fantastic news! Congratulations!

I think it’s going to be fascinating to see the changes that are implemented to transform CCH into an official Choice of Game.

1 Like

Can’t wait. I’ve been following and testing this game for a long time (was on Phase 1 of the Beta testers) and it’s been my favorite WIP for almost the entire time now. Congratulations @HornHeadFan

@FairyGodfeather, it is going to be a lot of work. As I re-examine the first scenes and consider CoG’s tips, I realize how much I didn’t know when I started. I hope the final product is more satisfying and balanced while still retaining the same tone.

@HitenMitsurugi, I sincerely appreciate all of your support and input. I’m going to miss posting updates on the thread, as it kept me moving forward, but at least this way it will be a surprise when the CoG beta hits (it will be many many months).

Was just doing my monthly checking in on my favorite game on the site and was surprised to see the announcement. Was hoping I would be able to play the final version and send it to my friends soon. I was a part of the beta, and I thought it was exceptional quality already but it looks like I’ll have to wait a bit longer. While part of me wants to play it right now and wants you to start your next game, I understand a creator’s desire to make their work perfect. I’m sure the time you will be spending making an already great game better, will be well worth the effort. This is definitely a game I am willing to wait for :).

WAIT, this games coming out this year?!

Need. To. Buy. Game. Now.

I only know about the hype, never played, but i cant wait!

@markamadeo , thanks for the compliments. I had no idea that anyone was checking on the game’s status. And trust me, I share your mixed feelings. Time is at a premium for me these days with a very demanding new job (that I started the same week I submitted the “Finished Hosted Game” version of CCH to CoG).

@Nukeboom123, Have I talked to you on the thread before? If not, welcome! And I’m not sure there is any “hype,” but I do hope CCH finds an audience (whenever it’s released) with folks who enjoying seeing how comic book-type heroes might learn the ropes and socialize with each other.

1 Like