Community College Hero 3: All Things End (Call-Out for a Co-Writer: Post #1269)

Yes, swearing is fine.

Story can take place before Part 1, before Part 2, shit, it could take place years before Part 1 if you’re writing something from earlier in the villain’s career. (see I swore a little)

6 Likes

Awesome thanks. I’ve already got a good idea for what I’m gonna write. Best of luck in finishing part 3.

1 Like

Nobody knows until they post an estimated release date on the Upcoming Games list. BTW they don’t like it when we ask,don’t want to nag the authors.

3 Likes

Hey @Eiden, welcome to the community! I see it’s your first post!

And the only person who knows when CCH3 is coming out is me…and I don’t know. :slight_smile: I just do this writing thing on a very part-time basis, and I needed to clear my mind, finish a smaller project, and take a break from CCH before tackling Part 3. Expect to hear more about progress next year.

If you hang around here, you’ll see authors talking about all of their current and upcoming projects. It’s sorta hard to miss!

But yes as @Alion1 says, the etiquette here is to not ask re: updates. The idea is that the authors will provide info about works-in-progress when they are ready.

12 Likes

Good luck with the progress!! I’ve been following this series since the very beginning. It’s very bittersweet to see the end of it, but as you said, all things end. I just want you to know that your series got me through some tough times from my sophomore year and onwards. I’m curious as to any other projects you may be working on if it’s already common/available knowledge.

6 Likes

Wow I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it, and I hope things are a bit better for you! I think we all need to rely on entertainment sometimes in life, heck, that’s what it’s for, to make day to day living more enjoyable.

And I hope to be able to make some sort of announcement about my new project by the end of the year.

7 Likes

Contest update: I’ve received 19 entries thus far, but I haven’t read any of them, and likely won’t read any of them until after Halloween. I don’t want to discourage anyone from applying, and I have literally no idea how well-written (or not) they are. But it’s exciting knowing that there’s been some interest!

12 Likes

My entry is practically done. Still trying to polish it down lol Thank you for such an interesting challenge.

1 Like

I have a question, does the character have to be a 100% villain or can they be more neutral?

He/she joined an organization of supervillains that commit crimes against humanity and massacres daily. I don’t think u can be considered neutral after doing that.

1 Like

Yes, but what is they were forced to work for the dozen,
Like if they don’t there family would be killed if they didn’t join or there mercenaries and the dozen pays them to join the group?

1 Like

I don’t think they would have to do that. The Dozen is like the Evil League of Evil from Dr. Horrible; their notoriety would make a spot on the team highly coveted. No need to strongarm someone into joining when willing applicants might literally be killing each other for an interview.

5 Likes

Submitted my entry I hope you like my villain I am quite proud of her.

Good luck everyone.

4 Likes

I think I should make clear (although I think it already was) that this new villain isn’t going to affect the plot in any significant way. It’s not like I’m going to be able to delve into their (tragic?) background. They are just meant there to be a fun new addition. But really, I haven’t even had time to introduce half of the team, so I do hope to give everyone their “moment” in a fight scene, but that will be tough enough to pull off.

So yeah, what @hustlertwo said.

And @Nocturnal_Stillness, awesome! I look forward to reading it! But not until after :jack_o_lantern:

9 Likes

And, to anyone who’s one of my “forum friends” (you know who you are) and/or “core” beta tester (someone who’s been with me from the beginning), I have been struggling with a big plot idea and would like to bounce it off a couple of people. But discretion is key. PM me if you get a chance.

7 Likes

Yeah, in the case of my person I figured if she was included, she would probably be good for a brief bit using her powers to snuff some helpless fools and perhaps for a claustrophobic sort of freakout if her powers were to be nullified or anything along those lines. But not a lot of heavy lifting of the plot itself.

1 Like

Been gone a while a long while. I still hope that we can finish off the bish that killed origami unless origami comes back Prodigal/Dark Phoenix style. I know we kinda have to part amicably by book 2’s end. But when book 3 is over.

2 Likes

Things ARE better. I’ve made peace with that darker side of me. I’ve accepted that it will always be there but it will never rule my life again, and I’ve been happier since.

If we include our Villain’s name/powers/threat levels right before the story, would that be included in the word count? Or should we include all these in the story itself?

Sorry if it’s a silly question. I just don’t wanna get myself disqualified because I didn’t understand the rules :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If it helps my entry is 249 words of story but I also added a separate short paragraph going into my villain’s powerset in a bit more detail.

2 Likes