Community College Hero 3: All Things End (Call-Out for a Co-Writer: Post #1269)

I just submitted the game files for Part 2.5 so woohoo!

So now as I dig into reading my Part 3 stuff, say hello to the bad guys. (art by Karl Sia) And let the bodies hit the floor.

Hopefully, weā€™ll have a ā€œComingā€ Steam page up pretty soon to build interest.

38 Likes

I just wanted to give a short update.

My patrons voted on which of the ā€œjourney pathsā€ I should write first, and Dr. Stenchā€™s path narrowly won. :nose:

Now Iā€™m outlining that path in a way that lets me reuse the outline for the other two paths, so that the same variables are tested in the same ways across all paths, so everything has been tested ā€œevenlyā€ stats-wise once you return to the present, regardless of the journey you took. This is taking some work, but once itā€™s done I can ā€˜plug inā€™ the content across all these paths.

Iā€™m getting to be more and more of an outliner over the years. Iā€™ve wasted too much time spinning my wheels writing scenes that arenā€™t balanced or that donā€™t lead where they need to lead. I need to know exactly where this is all going. In fact, Iā€™m strongly considering outlining the entire game while Iā€™m in ā€˜outline mode.ā€™ Usually rough sketches of scenes used to be enough for me to work from, but with this being the end, I think the outline will need to be comprehensive and detailed, down to almost every choice.

36 Likes

Today I fixed the game link on Post #1.

It now, quite appropriately, includes the link to Part 3 as opposed to Part 2.5. Iā€™m not sure how I got those sidways.

To be clear, thereā€™s not new material yet; itā€™s approximately the first half of Issue 9. I have some other material thatā€™s in rough shape that Iā€™m working on (including some date scenes), but itā€™s not ready to be included yet.

28 Likes

Sooo Iā€™ve been replaying CCH 2 and I have a new theory about Mega Cat and sorry in advance if someone has said this before. But I believe Mega Cat in all actuality is some type of Zenith that is capable altering the perceptions of reality of people/population on a large scale. Just based on the fact that no one has given an account of Mega Cat actually doing any hero work more like other people just doing it with his permission or backing. Also how no one actually knows what his powers are i mean i know what the students think his powers are and all but thatā€™s all hearsay at best. I actually kinda think he might actually be a literal cat that has Zenith abilities that alter everyoneā€™s perception into thinking heā€™s a real person and into thinking he is the most powerful Zenith (Which he still might be even as a cat) If thatā€™s the case this ability of his is still pretty powerful, powerful enough to attract several thousand Zeniths into working for him and powerful to make people like the Dozen wary of him though I do think the that some of the dozen know of the true nature of his powers. (Iā€™m looking at you Blue Morpho). But considering the fact that most other Grade 10ā€™s are essentially non-human beings (Lady Ash excluded) i think that this is pretty plausible

9 Likes

@Eric_Moser Please let that be the case! :pray: :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Haha at least itā€™s not like a long-lived dragon that can manipulate the particles of matter :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I just canā€™t do it. I canā€™t!

7 Likes

@Eric_Moser
Is our MC going to get rewards for getting good grades in each teacherā€™s class?

Near the start of the game Prestige gives our character a plasma rifle as a weapon. Will there be a chance for MCā€™s with high Pow to get a melee weapon as well?

3 Likes

Since we are in the topic:
Howā€™s that appearently no one knows the power of the first and most famous superhero?

4 Likes

My theory? Mega Cat isnā€™t real. Just straight up doesnā€™t exist. A symbol invented by the government to give people hope and Zeniths constant inspiration to be better.

4 Likes

Nothing I concoct will be better than endless speculation. This might be something best left unresolved I think.

12 Likes

Do you hate us man? Why would you subject us to something so cruel :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

I love all of my readers/players/supporters (in a non-creepy, fatherly way. Wait, did adding that caveat make it weird?? Gah!)

But yeah Iā€™ve been pondering which plots threads HAVE to be wrapped up, and which ones could perhaps be left dangling. Heck, it will probably depend somewhat on your decisions, as it should, especially in a finale.

9 Likes

Update: So my goal is to post new CCH3 content in December. That requires me to have my CCH3 outline either finished or mostly finished (itā€™s maybe 20% done) and that requires me to have Talon City sent off to Hosted Games (itā€™s 40% done).

Iā€™ll close this thread until December just to keep myself focused on those two goals and then this winter I am entirely focused on CCH3 development. I love talking with you all, just give me a little more time to clear my plate and this winter will be awesome.

25 Likes

With NaNoWriMo approaching, and with me realizing that the Final Monologue series could consume the next couple years of my writing life, Iā€™ve decided to get CCH3 done.

Iā€™m going into ā€œquietā€ mode and wonā€™t talk much about it but honestly I have pondered feedback for years and spun my wheels and itā€™s entirely my own fault for second-guessing myself and continuing to ask folks ā€œHmm what about this idea?ā€ and so on and so on. I have been anxious about not pleasing everyone, but thatā€™s resulted in delays that please exactly no one.

I have a clear direction (finally) and Iā€™m going with it, come hell or high water. As to whether I post the beta updates, it depends on whether I post them to Patreon. If I post them to Patreon, I must post them here, too. Part of me would prefer to just crawl into a hole and interact with no one, but Iā€™ve had some loyal patrons who have given me support and motivation, and it wouldnā€™t feel right to cut them out of the process.

All this being said, Iā€™d probably limit beta to asking for bug-finding and such, but given the above, Iā€™d hope people would understand that.

Okay, time to get to work. Stay Specktacular!

39 Likes