Community College Hero 3: All Things End (Call-Out for a Co-Writer: Post #1269)

Cannot wait for more news Eric, CCH 3 is going to be epic and all of us who read 1 and 2 know it!

7 Likes

First I would love to point out that I loved the two books before this one. Second of all I have a question. When you say we get amped pretty early in the game, now this is for the zenith path, are we talking grade 5 - 10 or 2 - 5

3 Likes

from what the author said, it will be 2-5 as we wonā€™t be a powerhouse.

1 Like

I think @Balrog_Demorgothe is right, but i think it will end up being 3-4. My reasoning is simply that anything higher and youd be able to switch schools and that would be a bit to much to put in on top of everything already in it.

1 Like

Actualy, making you choose between supporting Speck, Savior or Prestige seems to be in the plan, even outside of the super power path, so i doubt your reasoning is why weā€™d get that level.

2 Likes

My logic is because either way if your power is 5 you could only go to prestige not savior. If i remember correctly savior requires at the least a 6 where prestige requires at the least a 3-4. So by your logic you wouldnt have all three options. And i also know certain things because i was a beta tester for cch2 and would say but cant.

2 Likes

Actually you got it kind of, reversed Prestige is the one with 5 to 6 and Savior is 4 if I remember right

3 Likes

Thank you i did think i had it backwards and was unsure. I get them mixed up since im pro speck

2 Likes

I love your stories, although i am very narrow minded every time I play them I always end up being the brooder, detective, tactician basically Batman, because for me it is really hard to break the mentality that the human of the team has to be intelligent in order to have any value or else they are a liability.

4 Likes

I love the analysis about where a Zenith MC might fit on Mega Catā€™s chart. Iā€™d point out that Mega Catā€™s chart was made a long time ago, and focuses entirely on how powers fit into a combat-related scenario. Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s the most logical way to do it, but thatā€™s how the big man designed it.

@EditorAvila, I totally understand that view! Itā€™s probably harder to view the MC as the ā€œpowerhouseā€ or ā€œspeedsterā€ of the group, but in the Speckverse, Zeniths donā€™t get the obligatory ā€œenhanced speed, strength, staminaā€ that so many heroes in other universes seem to get. A Level 3 Soldier MC would likely be tougher than any of the kids, other than Stunner and Stoic.

I am just slammed with creative work these days (juggling three different projects, all of which I love). So just so that there are fewer threads for me to keep track of, Iā€™ll close this one for a bit until Iā€™ve put more work in CCH3. Itā€™s still in the infant stage, and I fear that people talking about it too much will lead others to believe that itā€™s on the way soon, which it most assuredly is not.

Thanks so much to everyone whoā€™s read and commented! Again, I WILL open this one up again sometime in 2019.

19 Likes

Just a quick update! Currently my goal is to be knee deep in Issue 11 by the end of the year, with the goal to get CCH3 published in 2020. Progress has been slow because I donā€™t want to misstep and have to backtrack, which would just push publication out further. I keep adding and adding to my vast array of spreadsheets. So very very vast.

And I need them, because there are soooooo many plots and angles to account for, and I donā€™t want to short change any of them if I can help it. How will the MC ā€œupgrade?ā€ How will their friends react? What is Booksmart up to? Why did the Dozen turn on Manipulator? What is the Dozenā€™s endgame? And where the hell is Mega Cat? (and Origami?) What about the Zone? Doesnā€™t that seem like a convenient plot device for the writer? Can MC trust anyone at all, even their fellow Speck students? Will any of them flip? Will Uni return? (yes I get asked this) Will the MC die? (hintā€¦plot armor is removed in Part 3). Is Tolly up to something? Will MC end up facing off against Lady Ash, Monstrosity X and Shizukani? (remember the very first scene of CCH1) If so, how the hell would they survive that? Will the groupā€™s story really end with the conclusion of the trilogy or is there potential for more adventures in the future? And why the heck is EVERYONE so focused on this tiny little school in the middle of nowhere??

In other news, I have stealth worked on Talon City in small chunks during my lunches, and I anticipate submitting it to Hosted Games by the end of this year. Hoot hoot.

53 Likes

Okay, Iā€™ve retooled my Patreon page (to work on short stories I can do in my spare time) and Iā€™ve decided to return the CCH 3 WiP to the forums. There were a lot of reasons for this, but essentially Parts 1 and 2 were made much stronger though the suggestions of forum folks, and I need all the help I can get to get this trilogy over the finish line.

Now this summer, Iā€™m focusing on Talon City :owl: but I hope to have that one in private beta by September, which means I could turn my attention back to CCH3 this fall, as I have no other planned projects. But I canā€™t figure out if I should post what I have now of CCH3, or wait until I have Issue 9ā€™s draft finished.

Right now, Issue 9 has character creation, some introductory scenes, and then goes into the three paths. The Zenith path has a good amount of content, but the Stench and Tactician paths are fairly short right now. Should I post the WiP this summer as it stands, to get some feedback on what I have, or should I wait and not post it until Issue 9ā€™s draft is finished? (This will be a while, could possibly be the end of the year).

Thoughts?

• Post what I have now.
  • Post the WiP link when the Issue 9 draft is done.
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

4 Likes

I just voted ā€œOtherā€ so I could see the results! I donā€™t want anyone to be confused by my vote.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think you need to wait until Issue 9 is completely finished, but I donā€™t think itā€™d be a bad idea to wait until the path lengths are evened out

4 Likes

I feel it depends on how much of it you have done. If itā€™s just like 1 or 2 chapters then wait, but if have more then post it?

3 Likes

I hope we are able to choose the kind of powers we are to have in the Zenith path

2 Likes

Did we have zenith in the second part?

1 Like

@HomingPidgeon, yeah I thought of that after I posted it. That would be a middle ground.

@DontJudge, Itā€™s around 20k words right now total, but again much of that is one path. And yes, the Zenith path started in Part 2. Remember researching stuff, checking out conspiracy message boards, talking to Hedonist, etc?

@BeastHunter, no I had to eliminate that as an option long ago, both for story reasons (youā€™ll understand when you read it) and also for pragmatic reasons. Coding three different MC archetypes will be enough of a challenge as it is. Stench/Tactician/Zenith will all be more different from each other than were Acrobat/Detective/Soldier/Sharpshooter.

3 Likes