Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

729 words in Hour 16.

Marathon Total: 4,741.

I’ll blast through the 5,000 word mark in this next hour.

8 Likes

Congratulations on not crashing!

3 Likes

840 words in Hour 17.

Marathon Total: 5,581.

Seven hours to go. I’ll have to feed and water my children again at some point. But hopefully not during this next hour!

6 Likes

the dedication :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Well at it turns out, some watering/feeding was indeed necessary.

I still managed 307 words for Hour 18.

Marathon Total: 5,888.

Hmmm…obviously 20,000 words is out of the question, but 10,000 words is doable. I need 4,112 more words, divided by six hours = 685 words per hour. Let’s see!

14 Likes

You’re doing great man! Keep it up, we believe in you!

4 Likes

Only 546 words in Hour 19, but I’m starting a new scene and it’s totally mapped out in my head.

Marathon Total: 6,434

Need an average of 713.20 words per hour for the next five hours. This is going to go down to the wire.

10 Likes

Knocked out 881 words in Hour 20!

Marathon Total: 7,315.

Average per hour needed: 671.25

13 Likes

Only did 341 words in Hour 21 but half of that hour was devoted to lunch (and dishes!) with the family.

Marathon Total: 7,656

Average per hour needed: 781 per hour over the final three hours. My family does not exist until 5pm!

10 Likes

Pow! Zap! I knocked out 1,312 words in Hour 22. It helped that it was a ton of dialogue that really kept flowing.

Marathon Total: 8,968

Average per hour needed: 516 per hour over the final two hours. If I crank out another 1,300 words this hour, I can quit an hour early! And boy my wrists are killing me. (no dirty jokes please)

20 Likes

I am proud of you for writing so much :grin:!!!
three little dragons do cheerleading somewhere on the www.

I think we should have a moment to appreciate all those authors authors who get up every morning and start typing like a cheetah on sugar to bring us the most amazing stories…

9 Likes

1,072 words for Hour 23.

Marathon Total: 10,040.

And I am done an hour early! :boom::fireworks::tada:

I will have to consider whether I would do this again. It was very stressful. Basically I thought about CCH non-stop for a day. But it pushed the story forward a lot! And I think the writing and coding is pretty solid. There will be tons of :bug::beetle:, but that’s standard for me after I do a big chunk.It also brought my NanoWriMo up to a more respectful, but still low, level.

Scenes I worked on during the marathon…Wyvern’s Night of Lawlessness, First Team Meeting of Spring Semester, Intro to Dirty Girl’s “Back to School” Party

28 Likes

Good job man! We’re proud of you, we knew you could do it! :grin:

6 Likes

now i’m hyped xDDDD nice job mate :smiley:

5 Likes

Tonight you will have nightmares with it. But, hey really nice job!!!

5 Likes

You sir, are a beast. I truly admire your dedication and hard work. I will make sure a lot of people buy your sequel because you clearly deserve the attention and recognition

8 Likes

Congrats,Eric. I’m proud of you.

By the way,I have a tiny little question.

Is DG’s Back To School party the special scene for the people who achieved Level 3 in their archetype? I remember something about the Level 3’s having an extra scene as a reward or something like that.

9 Likes
  • Wyvern’s Night of Lawlessness
  • First Team Meeting of Doring Semester
  • Intro to Dirty Girl’s “Back to School” Party

0 voters

So, what are you guys mosted hyped for any why?

2 Likes

dg 4 lyfe

20 char lim

2 Likes

What were your thoughts?