Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I think people who like Stoic will be disappointed if they didn’t sign up for the free Christmas present…it is rather Stoic-centric…:expressionless:…anyways…

Yes my progress has SUCKED…BUT…I am launching a rather ambitious/idiotic plan…

20,000 words in 24 hours. I have a half dozen scenes with rough outlines. They need meat on the bone. So starting at 5:00pm EST (30 minutes from now), I will start a 24-hour writing marathon. My kids are playing Minecraft and will basically leave me alone. My wife is sleeping and will soon wake up to go out on her yearly Black Friday post-Thanksgiving day shopping spree. I have a belly full of food and the dog just went out to do his business. The house is pretty neat other than some dishes piled up (which my oldest daughter will tackle). The Detroit Lions won their football game. Basically, the planets are aligned. My only obstacles for the next 24 hours are the most basic biological functions…

So I’m starting in 30 minutes and will post hourly with updates, excluding the hours I take naps. First post in 90 minutes.

21 Likes

You got this! Try not to strain yourself though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update 1: Wrote 785 words in the first hour!

11 Likes

though i thoroughly love your writing, i’mma have to go with komo on this one. if you feel strained, rest! :open_mouth:

923 words in Hour 2!

Marathon Total: 1,708

*tending to my children from 7pm to 8pm (they need things like :hamburger: - will commence writing at 8pm and report in at 9pm with new total)

10 Likes

You’re doing great Eric!!!

1 Like

Only 455 words in Hour 4, but the kids are asleep! Woot! Time to pick up the pace!

Marathon Total: 2,163

10 Likes

Keep going Mr.moser☺you can do it!

3 Likes

Remember to drink and eat! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Don’t let your dreams be dreams!!! Just do it!!! This will be the story you’ll tell your grand kids. How you wrote the greatest Choice of games sequel ever! :triumph:

4 Likes

Up to 676 words in Hour 5.It’s still quiet!

Marathon Total: 2,839.

*And @The_Otaku_Dragon_Sla, that’s quiet the pep talk!! I’m all pumped up now! Eye of the tiger!

8 Likes

Well, I was sidetracked helping my wife unload presents and then performing other husbandly duties (like taking out the dog) so that hour was wasted. I’m taking a nap for a few hours.

6 Likes

Enjoy your rest, btw Happy Thanks Giving

3 Likes

Well, sometimes a “nap” turns into 6 hours of sleep. I’m starting back up writing at 6am.

9 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving! :slight_smile: Wow, I’m super late and I’ve been gone forever. O.o What did I miss?

1 Like

Someone suggested that the Wyvern was your brother.
Then your dad.
Then Danny Devito.
Then MC from the future.
MC from another dimension.
CW from future.
An AI based on the collective personalities of all the Speck students.
And some more that I probably forgot.

Has no-one suggested “Stoic from the future” yet? Or “Origami from the past”?

595 words in Hour 14.

Marathon Total: 3,434.

I’m learning it’s tough to write more than 500-700 words per hour while keeping the quality high, but this will still be my most productive day in months…maybe ever.

13 Likes

You’re making want to grab a sign that says GO ERIC and jump up and down so badly…

@ParrotWatcher I can suggest Markiplier? That means Wyvern will scream WABOOSKY everytime he fires his cannon.

3 Likes

578 words in Hour 15.

Marathon Total: 4,012.

If I just would have done this a few times this November, I totally could have hit the NaNoWriMo goal! I’m kicking myself.

8 Likes