Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

So for power nullification we can start with power weakening. Then it works up

You might want to clarify that you don’t want contest images posted publicly on Twitter and Facebook for the people who aren’t on the forum. Maybe do a small Q&A post with some of the questions people have asked for anyone else wondering

5 Likes

Aaah, I’m so psyched for the art contest! Would more headcanon inspired stuff be accepted as well, like a picture of our mc being in a closer relationship with Stoic or putting the characters into an altered setting, or should our submissions be strictly canon?

4 Likes

@HomingPidgeon, seeeeeeee now you have me thinking (always a dangerous thing!) more about KS and how starting small would be exactly the right way to start. Hmm…

And yeah I should add that rule…although honestly I was most worried about forum folks since we are such a tight community.

And @Aurore, headcanon stuff is absolutely encouraged!

2 Likes

Again, caveat that I have never done a Kickstarter and am not terribly familiar at all with the website–it seems like you’d need to raise relatively little compared to other Kickstarters, so you could probably just do small tiers. Maybe have a poster as a reward? If you fund it through Kickstarter, would you still want to offer it as an IAP or just make it a free part of the game?

Patreon is another possibility. It’s a monthly subscription based type of crowd funding. I have a long term contract with someone who has a Patreon project. She’s earning $6000 a month. Updates on her projects are three times a month which keeps the subscribers happy.

The issue with that is that Eric is only trying to fund this one additional, non-essential art project. Eric is trying to get the money together to pay the artist, he isn’t producing the content that he’d be setting up a patreon for, and he won’t need long term funding for it.

Ah. I was thinking he was planning a series of comic books. My partner and I have successfully finished 3, rather smutty graphic novels with Patreon as our source of funding. But if it’s a small, one time project… KS all the way. KS didn’t work out for us… Because apparently not alot of people are interested in funding erotic, furry comics. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the power I still really like the electricity power. The null power is still cool but I really like the thought of being able to run and zap a bad guy or making a electric will and things like that.

1 Like

John Cena is in this?? What?? Also can anyone tell me what post the link is on.

1 Like

Around 1795, I believe.

1 Like

I think it’s really strange that no matter how I pose for the photo (at least the smiling and posing like a regular person options) for the lawsuit, McCormick always calls me provocative. Like, I didn’t realize that smiling was so inappropriate, sorry.

1 Like

I’ll check to see if that’s a coding error. It sounds like one. I think she would appreciate the “smile like a regular person” choice.

2 Likes

I get the same thing, no matter what i choose she always says “why do you have to be so, creepy.”
I play as a high broder with low traditianalist. Maybe that helps.

weird, i recall getting different responses.

It’s always based on the persona.

Broder: why do you have to be so, creepy?

jokester: why do you have to be so, asinine?

Charmer: why do you have to be so, provocative?

Traditionalist: why do you have to be so… well, you act right most of the time

9 Likes

I did a good job with that then!

7 Likes

Seriously John Cena?? How long have I not played this??

1 Like

I posted complete rules for the art contest on the community college hero website

I raised the first place prize to $35 USD and added a second place prize that receives $15 USD. Both get placement on the website’s home page.

4 Likes

So guys, any other ideas on how the nullify power can work?