Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Changed it to March 31st on all my platforms, and heck if there are enough people still needing more time, I could extend it again later. I know folks are busy this time of year!

3 Likes

Maybe add a extreme terror ability too?

Is there an age limit at all? Coz it sounds like a 18+ thing considering paypal

Well if someone doesn’t have paypal I can’t then. I use PayPal for all CCH related expenses.

Seaps some tea made from the tears of his eneimes

@Eric_Moser, This might not be a viable alternative, but have you considered doing a cast page as a poster and selling it that way? Like, something similar to https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/91/a8/58/91a858b52ac87dfbaa569a68729ae193.jpg (a cast poster for The Simpsons) that’s just rows of the images with the blurb (or even just character name) beneath? You mentioned something like forty characters, so it might need to be somewhat large, but it’s something to consider I think. I still like the idea of an IAP best but if that’s not workable, I’d buy a poster. (I mean, honestly I’d buy a poster anyway, but if it’s one or the other.)

3 Likes

Eh, if you don’t mind I shall just participate for fun just coz its my week off and my friends have abandoned me. Besides, I have new software I have been waiting to try out for ages.

@HomingPidgeon, I like the Simpsons poster! I have a few Marvel/DC posters in my house/office that are blocked with different characters in each block.

Yes, an IAP would be best because there’s the least amount of friction for a reader. Just another tap or two and the purchase is made. The economics of an IAP would support code-based rewards, but not art-based rewards. So now I have to figure out, would anyone buy a character guide if I used another platform, like Patreon or even just a combo of social media and Paypal like I do now to sell prints/t-shirts?

Frankly, I’ve sold maybe 30 or so prints and such over the past year, but nowhere near enough to break even. I do enjoy using them as contest prizes to retain interest, so there’s that.

I might try one more time though with a custom print for Part 2 because I did a HORRIBLE job promoting myself in the first app. I didn’t include Facebook, Twitter, or even my website in the author section nor at the beginning before the story starts. I think people just blundered onto those sites for the most part.

@moonwalkerdragon, well you have plenty of time, at least through March 31st. So no hurry!

2 Likes

@Eric_Moser for the contest, are we allowed to post our work here on the tread, (i like to post any artwork i do) or is it secrety secret hush hush.

Does anybody know what the relastionship stat have to be for everybody in order to become the leader. I started replaying part one, but i cant remember how to become leader.

Dirty Girl: Girlfriend or above 30.
Crook: Above 20.
Mob: Boyfriend or above 13.
Combat Wombat: Above 8.
Stoic: Above 12.

i got this from a steam post. don’t know if this correct myself.

1 Like

I’d rather people not post their submissions publicly until after the contest is over.

The main reason for that is because of judging. I might enlist others to help judge, and I think it would be more fair if submissions were anonymous (even if maybe people familiar with a poster’s drawing style may be about to figure it out). I’d still rather have it be as anonymous as possible.

2 Likes

Or you could just flirt with him.

Ok, good to know, also can we submit more than one piece

Thanks, btw how do you get CW past 8, im deadlocked on it

When you first talk to him,picking the Jokester option adds 2 points to your relationship.

If you take Secrets 101,warn CW about Crook breaking into his house.That’ll give you 3 points.

If you take Defense class,decide to still play the football game even though you know you’ll lose.In the mid term,stick to the phalanx.That’ll give you a couple of points with him.

3 Likes

I love art prints, so wholeheartedly support doing more of those.

Are you familiar with Kickstarter? For crowdfunding? Maybe that could work for offsetting the costs of the art enough to make it a viable IAP. Again, I’ve never done it myself, just spitballing ideas

Can this fanart be about anything? do we need a particular size of image or format of the archive?

@Wolf00010, I think a limit of two submissions per person is reasonable. So if you have two great ideas, submit them both! No more than two though, because I think that’s unfair to the people with the busiest schedules. They may not want to enter if other people are allowed to “spam” half a dozen entries! :slight_smile:

@MockTurtle, any CCH-related content is fair game other than stuff from Part 2 because that would be spoilery, and I want to be able to slap the winning image on the main CCH page. Size…as long as it’s small enough to be emailed to me, it should be good. Format…I know I can view png and pdf on my computer. Those would be safest, just to make sure I can open them.

1 Like

Yes I have been browsing Kickstarter for a few months now and studying successful Kickstarter campaigns.I think I am addicted to looking at the new comic book and publishing projects.

For now, I am just studying KS and supporting projects I think look cool. I attended a KS class at a writing conference and I understand the basics but the devil is in the details. Things like shipping costs, rewards costs, and taxes can eat you alive if you don’t prepare with Batmanesque attention to detail.

Plus, I think you need the right project. My understanding is that you need a project that is:

1. partially, perhaps mostly completed (people need to see you can deliver the goods!)
  2. easy to explain (is it a book? a graphic novel? a game?)
  3. something that people will get excited about.

Generally I think you’re lucky to break even on the actual project. I think the idea is to use KS as a sort of “Shark Tank” support that can expand your audience and your presence in your market. I don’t think hardly anyone actually makes money on the actual KS project.

So would I consider using KS if I wanted to do a CCH novel or graphic novel down the line? Yeah I think that would be a good fit for those sort of self-contained projects.

Sorry for typing so much. Sometimes it helps me confirm my understanding of something when I type it all out.

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s an interesting analysis! I’ve only ever backed a couple things on Kickstarter, but figured I’d toss it out, cool to see how you’ve looked at it