Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Happy birthday​:innocent::laughing::wink::sunglasses::smirk::relaxed:

I always thought that was the amount of time one has spent reading posts…

(Also those stat lists are scary. Have I really read that many posts? Oouf.)

But yes, we are glad you’re here! Have a Specktacular forum birthday. (;

4 Likes

We all enjoy the work you and everyone else puts into it, but we on this forum know how difficult it must be to finish the story when your life is flipped on its head at times, and we appreciate the effort and Work you put in the book. So thank you Eric.

I wanted to say happy anniversary as well!! My top three authors are Eric Lucid And Zach as well for writing my top three series. Also rounding out the list is Tin star which has a permanent spot on my phone for reading. :slight_smile:

Working on Part 1 update this weekend. Making some big decisions! Tweaking the intro scene just a bit.

*Oh and see “La La Land” if you haven’t! Emma Stone is astonishing! You will leave the theater wanting to break into song and dance at random moments in your real life (if you don’t already!)

6 Likes

Did you ever use the “go to end” function on like the GoI or Rebels thread? The time counter acts like you would have read all those multi thousands of posts – also if you read faster then what the software uses as an average (which as a lawyer you probably do) you can cut that time drastically.

Here’s the thing would nullifying powers work on only powers or would it work on electronics too? Wyvern for what we know has a tech suit. So does combat wombat. Would it actually affect them or would they massacre the main character?

Well thought! That could actually be a way to balance that power if Eric chose to include it.

1 Like

Actually,Combat Wombat DOES have powers.I don’t know it’s name,but he can basically manipulate metal or some shit like that.

Take away that power,and he can’t do any cool offensive or defensive maneuvers with it.On top of this,it would take him much longer to repair and mantain his suit of armor without his power.That still leaves him with a suit of armor,though…

The Wyvern…I’m not sure about him.Maybe he has those passive enhancement powers?But,even without those powers,he still has a nifty set of gear.

Could this mean that the Wyvern (or anyone who uses gadgets instead of powers) would be the MC’s kryptonite?

Since we’re on the topic of the Wyvern,I really,REALLY hope that he wasn’t just working for the Diabolical Dozen or something like that.I want him to be a separate entity,a villan who saw the current events as an opportunity to make his villan career thrive.

5 Likes

In the “fight” with Hedonist at the beginning of the second book, he moves the pieces of metal around before he hit the ground and when he did hit the ground, a lot went flying anyway. It’s possible C-Wom purely uses his power to keep his suit together, or at least parts/most of it (if he can just take his gauntlets off at will why does he ask for extra help in the HELL class).

4 Likes

Well the Wyvern was created by the gentleman who won the charity contest last spring, and he provided me with some background on the character, and I’m trying to stay true to those ideas as much as possible.

And yes Wombat is very much a Zenith. He uses his powers to hold that armor together, although in Part 1 he very much struggled and basically had to concentrate hard just to keep it all from falling apart.

@HomingPidgeon, did he ask for help in Part 1 or Part 2?? If it was Part 1, that sounds right. But he won’t be asking for as much (perhaps any) help in Part 2.

1 Like

So,basically,all of your friends are screwed over with your nullifier power.

At least we can hug Stoic.

4 Likes

Im short the pros greatly outweigh the cons with us being able to hug Stoic.

But think of the cuddles!

2 Likes

CCH ART CONTEST through March 31st! (*with new, more official rules!)

RULES:

1. Submissions must feature CCH-related content. Nothing from Part 2 because that is not available to all readers and it is too spoilery You can feature any character/location from Part 1, including your MC.

2. File formats of pdf or png are preferred, because I am familiar with those and can open/view them on my computer.

3. No size specs other than make it small enough that you can email me the file.

4. Email submissions to eric at communitycollegehero dot com.

5. Limit of TWO submissions from each artist.

6. Please do not post your submissions publicly until after the contest is over. I might use forum members or Facebook fans to judge, and I would like the entries to be as anonymous as possible.

7. Judging will be done either by me (and perhaps my wife), or via votes on the CoG forums and/or CCH social media like FB and Twitter.

8. All artists submitting work give me rights to post submissions on website, social media, etc

9. You can use a computer program or pen/paper or anything in between! Just be sure the file is small enough to email and something that I can actually open on my end.

10. Winner gets a $25.00 USD prize (sent by PayPal) with the winning entry being placed on the front page of CCH’s website.

10 Likes

That’s what I’m saying:

Pros

• can hug Stoic (counts x10)

Cons

• we may screw over our own team (who cares? Not me.)
5 Likes

Now that I think about it,the Zenith route would be PERFECT for the MC that’ll backstab their friends and join the Diabolical Dozen.

2 Likes

Part 1–it was because he couldn’t hold a writing utensil with the glove parts of his suit on. If I’m remembering right, it’s why he ends up in your study group, and then later on the Speck 7

Also, can I ask about the time frame for the art contest? Is there a reason it’s on such a short deadline? I’m interested in entering, but the time frame would be kinda tight

@HomingPidgeon, Someone else asked about the entry deadline too. I just randomly picked end of the month, but I think I forgot that we’re almost half through this one.

If people think it’s too tight, I would be very open to extending it. Maybe through the end of March? I’d really like people to participate!

And yes that sounds like Wombat. He was probably afraid that if he tried to will his gloves off that the whole armor might fall apart.

I’d recommend through March at least–to give time for people to hear about it and decide to enter, maybe end it mid-April, or even the end of it? That also gives time for people to figure out what exactly they want to draw for it

1 Like