Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Hopefully my MC won’t lose the manual :wink:

1 Like

Random Question of the Day!! Who is the most powerful in the Speckverse???

• The Power Nullifier! Capable of deleting forum polls! And…probably other stuff too! Not even mods can stop the Nullifier!! Or…is one of the mods secretly the Nullifier??? Dah Dah Dahhhhh!
  • Facebook MegaCat! Can lift the combined weight of every person on the planet! Has poisonous claws that instantly kill anyone they touch and also kill anyone who comes within 1,000 miles of the dead body for the next 1,000 years! Has total control of time and can travel back and witness the Big Bang! Can use “Mega Roar” to shatter mountains as far away as Mars! Can create an infinite number of clones of himself, all of which possess all of his powers! Rides a lion with slightly enhanced strength and endurance!
  • COG Forum MegaCat! Controls cats on a planetary scale! Has armor made up of…cats.
  • Quickie during his three-second window of speed! It would probably seem to last longer!

0 voters

4 Likes

There is no Nullifier. That is the twist. :fearful:

1 Like

Maybe The Wyvern is the nullifier, we can add that to the book of ‘People who may or may not be the Wyvern’ right?

1 Like

Megacat is Tavern, spoilers! :laughing: jokes.

Facebook Megacat says the early results are BS.

I should have included “Birthday Boy,” “Taskmaster MC"s Mother,” and “Hedonist’s sexual attractiveness” as choices. Missed opportunity!

10 Likes

Facebook Megacat does not understand the immense power of total feline control. Having the most lions is the surest path to world domination.

The true Megacat was inside you all along. :pensive:

Or:

The true Megacat was the friends you made along the way. :thinking:

1 Like

I just realised that if the Zenith powered MC does become a Power nullifier, then they really will be “Captain Powerless”.

(At the risk of ruining the joke / pun, because they make everyone else powerless…Though it would be interesting to see the effect of this “Power” on those that have had their power effect how their body works…Flock for one, would he just be unable to control more birds, die instantly without his power letting “Him” exist within multiple birds, or simply become inert or have no effect whatsoever.)

Its too good of an opportunity to miss out on, unless someone has already mentioned it.

3 Likes

Facebook Megacat has no time for such trite sentiments!!

1 Like

[quote=“Oirbse, post:2484, topic:12179, full:true”]
Though it would be interesting to see the effect of this “Power” on those that have had their power effect how their body works…Flock for one, would he just be unable to control more birds, die instantly without his power letting exist within multiple birds, or simply become inert or have no effect whatsoever.[/quote]

I’ve been thinking about this all week. Same questions with other “non human” type of characters like Monstrosity X and a few others.

I was hoping to see MonX just revert back to a rather skinny man in an inexplicable purple pair of trousers, myself… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Maybe a good way to balance it out is to maybe instead of immediately nulliyin’ powers of Z’s the MC could instead just weaken their abilities, this could help with the non-human Z’s and address a lot of the issues of making the MC overpowered

@ParrotWatcher I think that would be rather traumatic, for a given definition of trauma, especially for a Super villain, “Maybe” human made up of tens, if not thousands of birds…And thats without getting into the issue around the conversion and conservation of mass.

If he was turned back into a human…However horrifying that process would be for both viewer and host…I would expect him to be a few countries short of a map, not that we can’t dream of redeeming members of the 12, though a redemption is always the fall / collapse of someones highest principles, even if they are horrible ideas to begin with.

Though to go back to the question of power Nullification, and Meta-Humans /Non humans.
It depends on how powers work, are they a constant, or rather the aftermath, If its the former, then a power should simply keep them from changing their state (If you want to avoid unfortunate implications…IE super death by having your mind cease to work, or in the case of someone like The Hedonist, petrifaction.), if its the latter I don’t see how power Nullification would work, unless it was a short ranged, very temporary manipulation of those around the MC.

To explain, if you had a robot hand that moved by electricity, then if you take away the power it stops…However if they had a normal hand with bits of metal attached, then turning off the electricity would have no effect.

2 Likes

Is Flok even human? Maybe they’re the sum total of all of the birds that were trapped inside the cities, now given power, and out for revenge? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for others, I would imagine that the nullification would have to not kill them, to stop it from being OP. That said, it would have to still work on them, because if the other paths give you the gadgets and smarts necessary to beat every one of the D12, this path should, too. My feelings are that it should transform them back to their “true” human form. After all, if this doesn’t let us punch the Hedonist, what’s the point in it?

@The_1ast_on3: I think it would have to be full nullification. Otherwise we’re not Captain Powerless, are we? We’re just Captain Weaken. It’ll have to be nerfed somehow, sure. Maybe it’s got a short time-span; maybe you can only use it on one person at a time; maybe you need to touch the victim.

1 Like

If anyone would know, it would be a ParrotWatcher, wouldn’t it?

9 Likes

Yea I’m with you on the whole null power, you’ve either gotta go the whole way or not at all. Maybe for M-X it will reduce his body mass or just completely turn him human again and for flock I’d imagine it would probably drive him insane. Also do you think he gets the urge to just shit on people like the evil bastard he is? (Not that I’m bitter cus a bird shat on me a few mins ago I’m just curious I swear)

2 Likes

I really like the null power and the electricity power they seem cool to me.

1 Like

I’ve been playing it day and night for the past week and it’s pretty awesome, and quite a bit more interesting than the first book, Anybody got a clue when Dashing D receive the updated version of it.

insert internet explorer/slowpoke joke here about being late

To me, the nullifier power seems interesting but dull. Plus, I’ve always been biased towards elemental powers, and ESPECIALLY lightning. Being able to control storms, something that used to terrify me when I was younger, has always been somewhat of an unobtainable dream of mine since I was a kid. Being able to do so in such a great WIP would be preeeeeeety cool :wink: !

2 Likes