Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

It’s either CW or Crook.I’m putting my money on Crook,though.

Think about it.The RO’s are probably going to stay until the end.Stoic,as far as I can tell,is invincible.And killing off a side character won’t be as sad as killing of a main character who we’ve spent more time with.

So it either boils down to Crook or CW,the 2 main characters who can’t be romanced (technically you can’t really romance Crook).But,here’s the thing.CW is not only playing it safe,but also upgrading his gear.Hell,the fact that he walked away from a tackle given by a Grade 8 Zenith with little to no injury shows how strong he is.

And then you’ve got Crook,shanking people while drunk.This could go terrible in many ways.Maybe the next person he attacks actually turns out to be a very important member of the Untamed,and they target him.Maybe the Diabolical Dozen see him as a nuisance that needs to be removed.Maybe the Wyvern decides that hurting students isnt enough-he needs to take a life.

He may be able to defend himself,but unless he gets into order and starts using his brain,he could very well end up like Origami.

Also,pardon me if I’m mistaken,but I’m sure you made a poll on this topic quite a while ago.

1 Like

Wow, so little faith in Tress…

I wouldn’t like it if Tress died, it wouldn’t make much of an impact on the story since Oragami has allready died. I think it would be more poetic if Tress slowly realises that she is not fit for leading (or following if MC becomes leader) an example of this is when She has to be rescued by the team (or the MC) when she tries to save Dr.Hover, or she ignores your orders if you are leader and so she begins to Drown in despair!!!

5 Likes

Why would you want to do this to me? Why can’t we just kill off Quickie, Dr. Hover, or Hi-Jinx? If it has to be one of the seven, why not Tress? I have to admit, though, this would be a great way to make my MC snap… I love it! :imp:

2 Likes

I swear to god, if I see another paranoid/suicidal/depressed character’s unstable mental state being used for drama or as a plot/romance device Crook will not be the only one shanking people while drunk off their ass.

6 Likes

If it has to be one of the seven, Combat Wombat and Mob are the ones I’d mind dying least

1 Like

Now that I think about it,it could possibly be Tress.

It all depends on how failing a task for the group fares on her.Maybe she doesn’t feel insecure.Maybe,with each failed attempt,she feels even more determined to help the group whenever she can.

Naturally,this could end bad.Maybe the next task she takes is simply too much for her.Maybe she doesn’t do it in a group,feeling the need to prove herself.

You never know.

I don’t see death as a satisfying arc for Tress. A lot of her content seems to be around her being weak–if you lose during capture the flag, it’s pinned on her, she runs away during the press conference, it’s her arm that gets broken in the Downfall fight, she fails as a leader during the Dr Hover incident … having her die would just feel really flat. Especially in a game like this, that’s about underdogs being able to keep up with bigger opponents, it just wouldn’t fit the tone. It would be better for her to realize and come to terms with her own limitations–the game feels like it’s going to be about teamwork, and it would be way more satisfying and just work better within the story for her to end up overcoming her personal issues and being a productive member of the team, including realizing she sometimes needs to lean on and trust other people to take charge and have good ideas, whether or not she’s the team leader.

5 Likes

I actually see a faculty member dying next - that would cause the type of catalyst needed.

ymmv.

4 Likes

As much as I want to believe this,it most probably won’t be the Hedonist.Nor California.

It’s either gonna be McCormick or Tolly.And since we didn’t spend enough time with Tolly for her death to actually mean something,it’s gonna be McCormick.

3 Likes

Has it been confirmed that there will be another death? I don’t know why there would be–Origami’s death was enough of a call to action I think, I’m not sure what the benefit would be to killing off anyone else

I think Eric hinted in one of his posts that it is highly likely that someone will die.

I agree with you on the death topic.We already lost a main character and had two side characters get severely injured,we don’t need any more casualties.

Yea that’s a common trope rarely done well, but I wasn’t thinking of using it for (immediate/close-future) drama or as a plot/romance; I was thinking that it could be interesting to have her personality slowly change with each failure (e.g she slowly loses most of her extroverted personality/or she becomes more cynical). And reading through what’s happened so far it would make sense for this to happen.

Wasn’t he talking about our mother at the time? :thinking:

And he’d better not kill Mob; there are only really two romanceable guys, one of whom isn’t even at school any more.

1 Like

Actually,I think that was the post about the mom being kidnapped or something along those lines.

1 Like

Eric wanted to have a scene where the mom meets the students and/or teachers at Speck.
Since that kind of scene is difficult to create, I suggested an ending for part 2 in wich the MC goes back home feeling free and secure because nobody died and then they discover that their mom was kidnapped.

Eric told me then that that idea had a problem because I assumed that no one was going to die, but someone indeed would die.

2 Likes

I honestly think that it’s Jacob.

I have a belief that Jacob will survive until the next episode - he will be the theme NPC that unites the three together. This is just my intuition so ymmv.

People that don’t like him will hate that…

1 Like

And then he dies? I mean, why introduce an ill child if you’re not going to kill them?

1 Like

I see your point.

But I think that part 3, since it doesn’t have to tie into any other story, could work better as an scenary where anyone can die depending on your choices.

And Jacob is not that kind of character, his death would serve for development of the main character (kinda like Origami) so it wouldn’t make so much sense to wait to the end to kill him.

2 Likes