Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Sorry, mate, nothing is more badass than a guy with a trench coat and lots of pouches bossing his mates around :v

1 Like

I’m more hyped about the Zenith path than anyone here. Gadgets and flying suits are awesome but this is a multi path story. All three routes should get equal forms of treatment, that includes levels of badassery

4 Likes

I’m guessing the powers will work like running. You do it too much and you’ll get worn out?

1 Like

I would guess something more like Quickie

I can fly! But only for three seconds… :frowning:

6 Likes

I can lift a bus! But only for three seconds? :grin:

5 Likes

no, that would be making the choice a farce.

2 Likes

Loads bullets
I’m sorry I was just checking if my 43 caliber still works. :grin: I thought I heard you compare the MC to that fake speedster. Mind repeating that :expressionless:

5 Likes

Also I don’t care if Op Pc of the players decided be op why not is their game. What I will love is have a minimum control over my technology as no powered. If they could choose powers why can’t I choose between two upgrades only not powered or something like that . I would kill for a pheromone make up of grenades lol. But I suppose I won’t have any poison of charisma based weapons at all :sob:

1 Like

I don’t quite mind the technology, but I’m just looking forward to becoming the tactician and bossing everyone around. Captain Powerless is gonna start kicking some ass, baby!!

2 Likes

Even thought you can pick any route with any archetype,it was heavily implied from the beginning that Tactician would go to Detective,Dr Stench would go to Sharpshooter/Soldier and Zenith would go to Acrobat.

So I have no problem with giving the Zenith route only Pow and Whoosh.

You can technically still get the 3 power combos,if you think about it.

The battle computer basically gives you telepathy (and I’m hoping for another piece of equipment which gives you invisibility)

Dr Stench equipment gives you the stank version of laser beams and maybe the armor can generate some sort of stanky force field.

The Zenith powers give you super strength and flight.

Thus,balance is restored and all is well in the universe.

3 Likes

Do you know what powers you might be planning on doing for the Pow/Whoosh? I still sort of think if you aren’t going to use the powers people picked you should go off-list–since a lot of the student body has really nontraditional powers, it’d be really cool for the MC to have something like that too.

And I had a question about the Tactician path–are you planning on having the MC end up leader if they pick this path? I picked that one when I was first playing through, but my MC isn’t leader and within the text it sort of implied that if you went that route it would end up with you taking the position from Tress–I mean I figure if what you’re doing is directing everyone you’ll end up with some amount of authority, but some of the ways it was worded seemed like the MC might be trying to grab the leader spot in underhanded ways, or without really caring about the wants or needs of the team (it’s been a bit since I played or I’d cite specific examples). It’s sort of a long winded way of asking, but–with the assumption that as Tactician you’ll end up leader one way or another–will you be able to take over with Tress’s blessing? My MC is dating her and I don’t want to make decisions that are gonna hurt the relationship.

That said I’d still jump at the chance to romance Booksmart and since if you stick with that epilogue this is the path where you’ll get to go meet her, if you can flirt with her once you get there I’ll be way less worried about the Tress rel.

3 Likes

I like that idea.

By the way, you should probably give a hint of wich are the stats that will be actually important in each route when you’re examining your notes. Think about the players that aren’t following the forum.

2 Likes

Well he kind of already foreshadowed that we will get traditional powers, but if aren’t what original powers would you have in mind? Just curious

Just to clarify, I am VERY open to anyone sharing an idea for a unique spin on Pow/Whoosh!! You can post here or PM me if you’d prefer.

I need to stay away from Mob’s “absorb a little power from others” spin, but other than that, any tweaks/unique twists on the powerset would be welcome!

And can someone remind me what the MC’s powerset was in Heroes Rise? Was it gravity manipulation or something like that? I obviously want to stay as far from the HR MC as possible.

One idea I had was a “punching bag” twist. (This could also explain the MC’s “plot armor” a little). So the MC gets stronger and faster the more damage the MC takes. MC might start off weak in a fight, but as the MC gets pounded, the MC rises to the occasion. (please don’t make that statement seem dirty)

9 Likes

The HR MC was gravity and atoms–mostly used for like, little explosions and energy powers and flight.

But I LOVE that power idea–I’ve actually already associated it with the character I play in this game before (in like private rps and chats and the like) so I’d be all for that.

He had power over Necular energy and could make constructs out of said energy

That actually sounds pretty awesome.

6 Likes

Too late.

Also,with that power twist,I can see Dr Hover being like “I was the punching bag BEFORE it was cool!”

5 Likes

I like this idea, at least it will be a lot less railroad-y than traditional super strength.

Whoosh could be used as electrically enhanced speed for the punching bag twist. This could work well with the electrified bo staff.

Why did you feel it was necessary to say this? Now almost everyone will think of it as something dirty.

3 Likes