Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I know this is a silly question,but is this scenario possible??
My MC knows that he is a non-Zenith,but when he goes to Prestige to do tests,he finds out that he has Zenith powers which nobody has possessed till now.:astonished: It’s like Grade 11 or something. It could not be detected earlier,because this power was caused due to proton radiations and not neutron radiations like normal zeniths. This power allows him to absorb any powers from other zeniths and he is capable of mind-manipulation too. But this power gets activated only when the MC gets mortally wounded.

2 Likes

@Anubhab_Khanra Pray for Stoic to be nearby when that happens and hope for the best.

1 Like

He he lol you make nice jokes,but I hope that phenomenon comes true.

1 Like

That scenario kinda sounds similar to the plot of Charlotte spoilers MC thinks that his power is partial mind manipulation done through leaving his body to occupy his victim’s for a few seconds, but is actually the process of stealing his victim’s powers, making him practically the most powerful among his powered peeps.

But the grade 11 thing can be a very interesting concept though.

3 Likes

Let’s see what Eric says.
And @karlsia ,what you suggested was possess to manipulate,but I was suggesting manipulation like telepathy.
Like Jedi’s,only 100x stronger.

@Anubhab_Khanra, while does sound interesting, I’ve been adamant from the start that the MC will NOT be the “ridiculously overpowered chosen one who will bring balance to the Force.” I know tons of great stories have used that angle, but I’m just not interested in it. As a result, perhaps the MC feels a bit overshadowed by others, but I’m okay with that. I’ll sacrifice “uber awesome MC” for more balance any day of the week.

Yes some readers will complain the MC is “weak” or “useless” or whatever, but I would guess most people will understand that even if the MC gets an upgrade in Part 3, it won’t be earth-shattering. It will be useful, but the MC’s actions alone won’t determine the course of events.

13 Likes

I always preferred stories that put more emphasis on the team than the individual.
It kinda disapponted me how in heroes rise 1 there was a pretty big emphasis on the team player/lone wolf decisions but by the start of HR2 you were Superman +1.

When you put it out like that, I can suggest the same thing from another angle. Maybe not in CCH2 , but CCH3?? When the MC meets the dozen for the first time, he gets mortally wounded. His invincible powers get activated at that particular time. But it comes out that, his special powers could only be activated only when he gets close to death (due to the powers coming from protons). So it ultimately depends on the team on how they can use the MC. Does it make sense now?

that just sounds like every anime in existence.

6 Likes

Well I think my idea is a little wee bit different.

Still sounds like the plot for a OP MC.

2 Likes

See, what I’m suggesting is that the MC has superpowers which remain dormant until he gets mortally wounded(Like Nine Tails). It’s ultimately up to the team to plan on how they use the MC effectively.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that just completely eradicate any sense of suspense or tension in the fight? Seriously, what’s the point of getting invested if there’s technically no way to lose? Why should we actually worry about our MC and decide to carefully think over our choices when I can just say “oh well, his super OP powers will activate if he ever screws up”?

The improvement path isn’t meant to make you an OP hero; it’s meant to make you a viable hero. It will make you strong, yes, but you still have to think about your choices.

And aren’t you a little baffled over how some F list hero who can’t even classify themselves as a Grade 1 can suddenly take down a Diabolical Dozen member, with their powers that they just got?

If my MC gets mortally wounded, I don’t want the option to go Super Saiyan. I want the option to either pussy out or stand my ground and die a courageous (if not stupid) death.

11 Likes

I feel like it would be pretty weak if the story went the cliche “The Chosen One” route. Glad it’s not.

4 Likes

Oh ok, I guess I’m outvoted here. Whatever suits you’ll, then. As you wish.
One more request. Would it possible for the MC to gain the power of mind manipulation? Does that sound viable?

I still stand by the most viable Zenith power being contact power nullification.

7 Likes

But that almost same to power absorption, am I right? If you are absorbing powers, you’re copying your enemy’s powers and hence cancelling it. That would make the MC insanely strong too.:grinning:

No, because the MC wouldn’t copy the power, they would only annulling it.

7 Likes

Nullification is not like absorbtion.
Just ask All-Might

2 Likes

Ok. What’s nullification?

1 Like