Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I guess if I can’t convince you I can’t convince you–but that said, watch me do a no-RO run and headcanon that my MC and Booksmart get together after the epilogue and keep on shipping it anyway

I was under the impression that they’d be appearing in Part 3 somewhat prominently depending on your self improvement path? Since earlier on you mentioned having epilogues where Mega Cat’s prison is what holds the only guy who knows where the Dr Stench armor is, and Booksmart has some tech that would make you the ultimate tactician (although there’s a lot of text in Part 2 that suggests you’d be getting your powers from Booksmart, so you might’ve reconsidered that one) I figured depending on your choices you could get a lot of interaction with a big hero.

In fairness to the “nobody” MC, they’re apparently gonna eventually be able to be a part of and potentially leading a team that takes down the D12, so even if power-wise yeah they aren’t on the same level, they still have a lot of clear potential. And going off my last point, helping the MC working towards a goal could offer ample time for getting to know each other

And WRT the Hedonist romance, I’ve made it abundantly clear what I think of him and every interaction he has with a student, and as is in the game I’m already pretty unhappy with how little we get to disapprove of him–no matter what choices you make the guy suffers zero repercussions, your only real options are to be ambivalent or to like him, and adding an option to like him more without adding the ability for him to face actual consequences for his objectively terrible actions would feel incredibly unbalanced.

As well, I wanna second everything that @MockTurtle, @Eiwynn and @ParrotWatcher have said.

4 Likes

Uh… It’s still wrong…

This might be an American/European thing but what I meant was…

0.2 vs 99.8

Not 0.02 vs 99.98

Everybody thinks we’re nobody, well… just wait until we show up those damn villains with the power of chemistry, delivered straight to their faces! :stuck_out_tongue: I’m playing my character as definitely feeling a little overlooked, and itching to “prove” themselves (never mind our MCs have already proven to actually be heroic during the hospital…)

1 Like

In America we don’t concern ourselves with such frivolous matters as accurate calculations.

13 Likes

Izzat why you still use the imperial system?

5 Likes

But, think about all that you’ve learned today…

Now, if you don’t mind I’m going to take a walk a few metters away.
So I can enjoy this beautiful day of 15/04/2017.

7 Likes

Life is just so much more… free… when you use Freedom Units :wink: Land of the Free (from metric tyranny!) and Home of the Brave (you gotta be with our tolerances…)

1 Like

@Eric_Moser I do have one question is we did get the Hedonist as a possible RO? Would you have to have taken his “extra credit” for it to happen? I’m honestly curious if rejecting him the first time would make him more or less interested in the MC.

And to everyone who doesn’t want him… I’m sorry. But I am fully on Team Hedonist. After what happened with Jury in Redemption Season I have a hole in my heart that only a sleazy pervert can fill.

9 Likes

Disagree as I might with your thought process, the reader wants what the reader wants.

I will say that I’ll about draw the line of acceptability of character at pursuing characters who already rejected him, though. It’s already terrible that he’s making these offers to students at all–if saying no to him once makes him MORE interested in his students that’s a level of active predation on vulnerable young adults that I don’t think has business being in anything without big warning tags on the front. “When my students don’t want to touch me it makes me want them more” is not something that should be anywhere in the vicinity of the thoughts of any character who’s supposed to be a good guy.

Someone earlier suggested that the ability to have a romance with the Hedonist ONLY come up if you accepted his grade offer to make sure people who don’t want anything to do with it don’t have to deal with it at all, and that’s how I’d want it done

14 Likes

Counterpoint: Accepting his offer in book 1 would firmly define his “relationship” with you as a one time thing while declining it, and then pursuing him as a romance option in book 2, would show him that you aren’t just pursuing a purely physical relationship.
For an example see Jack’s romance in Mass Effect 2. The only way to get her full romance path is to turn down her offer for sex earlier on.

3 Likes

I agree plus i already think its been answered pretty definitively that it makes him like you less since if you reject him his approval rating goes down by a fair amount

1 Like

I agree but at the same time what about those people who played Soilders and got As so they didn’t need to take his offer? Would they be cut off too? Or people who didn’t want to sleep with him for extra credit (because morality and all that) but are still interested in him?

3 Likes

I hope I’m not the only one here that would find a romance with Hedonist particularly interesting if the MC is going down the zenith route. How would he feel about his powers being nullified? Would it be a deal breaker? Is there any proof that he can actually physically feel anything?

@Mewsly I can’t speak for Eric, but Hedonist doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that’s into chasing anyone, especially if said person isn’t interested. That said, I think being able to romance him should depend on his relationship stat and not based on earning his achievement or whether someone took his offer or not.

7 Likes

If that’s going to be a thing Eric needs to add in more disapproving options. If you could decline meaner than politely and get locked out that way I would. But no matter how much I hate him through the rest of the game, “decline politely” is my only option. If I could be meaner I would–if Eric wants to clarify that option so you won’t sleep with him for grades but you’re still interested, that’d be one thing, but as is there’s a hard limit to how much you can reject him.

The entire character of the Hedonist is viscerally disgusting to me. I don’t want him anywhere near me, ever, and neither does my MC. I’ve already said I don’t like all of how he’s handled, and I already don’t like that I can’t push him away as decisively as I want to. If I pushed him away as absolutely hard as the game allows and he still pursued my character, I don’t know that I would want to keep playing that game.

11 Likes

I don’t know if this has been addressed but today I was looking at the code and I found this

Mob speaks up. “We shouldn’t have come. Ugh I knew this was a mistake. Wombat, why did you vote with Friendzone? The text specifically said to stay.” Mob nervousy brushes his hair back and continues. “Maybe we should apologize to Captain California tonight. It might better than waiting until next week. He’s going to be mad either way, but you might want to get it over with. And I hate to say it, but !{hname} should probably be the one to do it. You know, being the leader of the…" His voice softens to a whisper as he finishes his sentence with, "…{teamname}.”

And this

Most people, including Mob and Tress, nod in support. Your decision to sacrifice yourseif draws a few looks of quiet admiration. Even the students outside ${teamname} seem to follow your lead.

Which doesn’t make any sense since we haven’t decided the team name yet.

Also “yourseif” instead of “yourself”.

1 Like

Oh I agree. I think that if he does become a RO then you should be able to throughly reject him. Even with ROs not as, um, “provocative” as Professor Bad Touch I’ve never liked games where I never showed an interest in a RO but they still tried to get with my MC.

I honestly think that getting with Hedonist should be hard to do so no one accidentally falls into it, and the people who do want to peruse him can. But that’s just my opinion.

5 Likes

I hate the hedonist, so much That I can’t reply this game anymore or enjoy it. He is a perfect description of a sexual molester. He should be in the jail. He loves abuse of everyone and force himself sexualy. And the lack of a knowledge from everyone else is what breaks any credibility of the entire universe. Yeah, We make every heroe study about laws and defense property. However, you could sexualy harassment everyone and your pupils that are barely adults.

I don’t want romance him I don’t even want to talking him anymore except I could say what I think of a sexual predator he is and how could he could put his eyes off of my girlfriend

8 Likes

Its been super interesting looking at part 2’s code on dashingdon, does anybody know a way that i could look at the first games code?

I clicked through the game back to there to see how it looked in action–I did see that if you tell Sadie you want to attend Savior she compliments Mega Cat, which I assume is a coding error.

But yeah, apparently the placeholder is “…” which doesn’t really add anything since that’s still incorrect regardless, but y’know, fun fact.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if Eric should just give us the opportunity to fight Hedonist in book 3. You guys seem to really hate him.