Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Many thanks, friend of friends!

Another batch of (possible) typos/errors.

the third option at the bus stop for all the Mom-types reads weird.
“I sullenly pinch her cheek her hair before she can reach mine.”

third option looking at the picture of Dad.
“The AOL discs setting on the desk in the background.” -sitting on the desk?

blue morpho’s file.
“Subject’s abilities occasionally contain random elements, creating nonlinear and effects unpredictable even to subject.” - creating nonlinear effects unpredictable even to subject.

DG in media class’ first scene. 5th paragraph
“She clears he throat with a “Ahem!”” - her throat

description of C-Wom in the Defense class.
“His steampunkesque googles” -goggles

“The students all start stepping backwards away Wombat and the Hedonist” … away from Wombat …

scene when cheering for C-Wom vs Hedonist
“Hi-Jinx is tapping on the top of her like a bongo drum” her what?

daydreaming about manipulator in HELL class
“As powerful as she is, no one here can stop here.” can stop her.
“but ultimately you know their allegience rests with Savior School” - allegiance

scene after getting dr. hover back down.
“But today she She handled the situation poorly.”

Hedonist jumping down to talk to reporters
“during the Seige on St. Louis” - Siege

scene after wyverns broadcast.
"They’ve offered to let us use their gym for training, but there are a few other matters to discuss the Chief. " discuss with the Chief
“Professor California is already on his way back Omaha.” back from Omaha
“How do you spend you break?” your break

snooping in mcormick’s office.
“an oversized mahogany bookscase stuffed with various treatises” bookcase & treaties
“A small plain black metal file cabinet sets in the back corner of the room.” sits in the …
“Employeee shall not close office door while meeting with students.” Employee

snooping in tolly’s office.
“offers a heartfelt farwell” farewell
“A small green holographic image projects from hacking kit” from the hacking kit

after cheering everyone up via speech
“The mood has lightned as a result of your speech” lightened

cap cali at SPD gym
“He twists carefully sets the dumbbell back on the rack with a clank.” he twists and carefully …

1 Like

Considering that Speck is supposed to protect the identity of the students, I don’t see a way in wich this could be done officially.

Maybe if the Mom gets captured and they met after a rescue mission, but I think that would work better for part three.

In fact this could be a nice cliffhanger in part 2, Just imagine:

[spoiler] Congratulations, young hero you just defeated the Wyvern and got a sucessful character arc for the second part and you were able to prove the great hero that you can be. However the Manipulator has gotten away again, but at least this time it seems that she didn’t kill anyone, Right?

You are thinking about all this while you are in the bus to go back home, however when you arrive at your house something seems odd, the door is unlocked and there is a note, they have kidnapped her.

To be continued. [/spoiler]

1 Like

@WaNeZot, thanks! I’ll work on those for the next update.

@MockTurtle, I agree. It will be very dicey to do, but I think there needs to be some interaction eventually to bring the MC’s two worlds together. But yes, perhaps not until Part 3, and it has to make sense. We shall see! And your mock ending is awesome. The main problem is that it assumes that no one has died and I can assure you that won’t be the case. :skull:

4 Likes

I’m worried. This worries me.

2 Likes

I’m guessing… the MC? Gotta be the MC, right?

{readies lachrymatory}
Zenith powers will provide the key to curing progeria, yes?

Good sir, you have made me a lobbyist for love of a fictional character and I have no regrets. Hmm, so choosing to trust Stunner still thrusts MC into the friend-zone when buzzing up Prestige. Not one hey, baby, I miss you too. If I can recall, in a previous incarnation where his romance was yet a single path, he said something to the effect of seeing your face made it hard(er) to leave.[/Groucho Marx eyebrows] While the physical reveal of smiling face to built boyfriend was never included in the first issues, ‘twould make sense for the full confession route. Perhaps opening up to him in the barn had included letting the outer mask slip as well. Now…
{readies frosting}
{also prepares to dress up as The Hed- Combat Wom- Uni for All Hallows’}

1 Like

Here’s a nice little after though I had:

In the first game,it takes 7 Pow to efficiently punch the Contrarian in the library.

In the demo,it takes 8 Pow to punch that Untamed dude off you.

So,basically,it takes more strength to hurt a street thug than it does to hurt a Grade 8-10 Zenith.

That’s some video game logic right there.

5 Likes

I’m so tempted to make a “just the tip” joke…

As far as I saw my character, I was actively seducing that sleazy bastard. To clarify - is there a path where the Hedonist offers you better grades if you don’t go out of your way to offer sex to him? I always threw myself at him first, which may have drastically changed my view of the dynamic.

5 Likes

Ya. My 1st MC didn’t want his advances but to get a good enough grade to get her equipment upgrades she had to become his “pet” and then when he was the driver of the van picking her up for the farm he solidified his position over her.

2 Likes

…Wait, is that why I failed to get the Hedonist’s Pet achievement, because I was eager to sleep with him? I was confused as to how I loved him and didn’t naturally earn it. If that is the only route to get it, that really does suck.

2 Likes

No, you can get it by being eager to sleep with him and even by not sleeping with him at all.
Your rep with him just wasn’t high enough for you to be his pet.

1 Like

I think your relationship with him needs to be above 20 for his reward,like Downfall and McCormick.

Just suck up to him at the expense of your relationship with Mob and Tress,have sex with him in the assignment (or block if you’re a Soldier) and raise your hand when he asks who’s willing to protect him in the finals.

That should do it.

Yep… he made the offer to my MC in my second playthrough, and she couldn’t stand him. Again, he’s damn lucky he’s nigh-invulnerable and my MC doesn’t have any powers.

I took the shot. It wasn’t worth it.

Well, good…madam?..(I hate assuming), are you implying, or perhaps outright stating, that the Stunner romance track is buggy? If you trusted him back on the farm and revealed your story to him, that intensified the relationship. However the only “carry overs” from Part 1 in this beta are ones I manually include through use of the questionnaire, so it’s possible I miscoded something in there. And the “seeing your face made it (hard)er to leave”, if that is indeed uttered by Stunner at the end of Part 1, will be something tricky to fix, since as you point out, he never saw your face and he left before people started unmasking. Hmmm…I’ll devote some time to Stunner track in November.

Did anyone manage to get the more romantic phone call scene with Stunner?

*I should offer a free t-shirt to anyone who (even marginally) dresses up like a CCH character for Halloween.

@AAO, when are powers levels in comics ever consistent? But remember that the MC had two potential chances to “up” her Pow in Part 2 before the Untamed scene, so I had to factor that in. Plus, the Manipulator has vast powers but physically she’s nothing special. The gang member would have more impressive physical stats.

@Sashira, I would use “Just the Tip” as a name for business in Speck, but alas Chris Pratt’s character beat me to it in Parks & Rec when he used it as a band name. And I can look at the code this weekend and tell everyone what the “magic number” is to become Hedonist’s pet. It’s pretty high and yes you have to suck up to him a lot.

It’s actually troubling that people are reporting that they became his pet without them actually liking him, because uhhh…well I was writing a “pet” scene that definitely assumed the MC “pet” had the hots for him. May need to tweak that.

9 Likes

My first MC felt trapped - she was on the cusp of not getting the necessary grades so she had to suck up to him that much or go without upgrades.

Subsequent play-throughs I avoided that by doing better in other classes but by then my low opinion of Hedonist was solidified.

4 Likes

Eric,you can do whathever you want but let me remind you of this comment.

It could be as @Eiwynn said, that people felt they needed to suck up to him as much as possible, just to assure they got a good grade. As far as I know (in my playthrough) then it’s not necessary to outright become his pet, but I can see how it could seem like it would be.

The MC I played never got to be his pet, since she refused to mock Mob in class. She did go for the “extra credit”, partly because she wanted to and partly to get an A. She, however, doesn’t particularly like the Hedonist as a person. She ended up with a GPA of exactly 3.0 (with a B in Defense, iirc), and I played a Detective (where it’s impossible to get good grades in Defense and Breaking things, if you consider doing anything else, at least as far as I know).

1 Like

I object to half of this statement.

The Defense part is true.You can’t really get a good grade in that as a Detective unless ‘sextra credit’ was involved.

However,it is extremely easy for a Detective to get A’s in both Breaking exams.

First off,they have the Hmmm stat as one of their stas,meaning they’re not forced to go to HELL subcommittees to get anything above a C in the first final.(you’ll probably do it anyway though,since it’s highly recommended to train your ‘main’ stat aka the one which is 6 at the beginning).

Second,the other final is extremely easy as well.Go on the offensive with Stunner and Tress, then either analyze (9 Hmmm required) or go melee (7 Pow required).After that,when Downfall ‘gets serious’,just get the Hedonist out of the shed.

You’ll get an A in Breaking AND a B in defense.Not too shabby.

2 Likes