Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Pulling a Marvel, eh? Origami was Hydra/The Dozen all along.

I always thought that Origami was a traitor and a Dozen sympathizer. I mean, who’s to say that those floating bits of paper were even her? She could’ve just been drawing everyone into that trap, then fluttered away while Contrarian threw some confetti in the air. That’s why I kept the bit of paper, in case I was ever able to analyze it and say, “Wait, this is a piece of newspaper!”

…But Eric pretty much said I was wrong, so that would be a big turnaround.

8 Likes

[Gazes on horrified ] You suspected poor little Origami of evil? :broken_heart: that sounds pretty jaded :cry:

That’s actually a really good point from a story and character perspective.
What did the Flash TV show do?

But unlike Barrey we don’t have assess to the speed force so u can still balance it by just making us lose our breath after running too much

Ruined my positive mental image of super-speed heroes.

1 Like

Who better to be an infiltrator than someone who always acts sweet and kind, has a baby face, and is always playing up her selfless image by going to children’s hospitals and stuff? And if she really was as young as she said, there’s a huge precedent of teenagers being recruited for terror organizations. Not only do they tend to be more gullible and idealistic, their sense of right and wrong isn’t fully developed, so they can perform acts without blinking that for an adult would only be possible for a sociopath.

…Though yeah, “jaded” and “paranoid” are words I’ve heard before. Doesn’t mean I’m always wrong.

10 Likes

How tho? Not all speedsters are the same.:open_mouth:

Lol your reasoning is sound, I just never would have thought about her being evil, maybe I’m just too trusting :confounded:

1 Like

That sounds great to me.

2 Likes

I think this would be the best choice, IMO at least.

3 Likes
  • Flight
  • Super Speed
  • I know we’ve already decided on flight. @Eiwynn gave a great reason. I’m just saying if you could choose what would it be?

0 voters

1 Like

Actually Martian Manhunter has heat vision, which is an odd for power for a guy who melts in the presence of fire, but that’s comic book logic for you.

There is a way the PC could gain several powers without being overpowered- They can only use one power at a time, ala Ultra Boy, Baron Blitzkrieg, or Maximum from DC.

That way the options would be limited by “Which is the smart power to use here?” or “Are my stats high enough to succeed with this power,” after all, superstrength isn’t optimal if you don’t know how to fight, and invisibility isn’t much good if people can hear you a mile away…

Just a thought.

4 Likes

A much appreciated thought

1 Like

You all think that Origami is the traitor…

You fools.We all know that anime girl is the real threat here.Damn her and her womanly charms.

1 Like

And magicians like saying “this is a normal deck of cards.” Doesn’t make it true.:smirk:

Oh I did that too (and I still do). I mean, Sashira has already said some very good points. An infiltrate asset inside a powered school is something you would want to have, and who better to play the role that someone no one would suspect of?

2 Likes

Actually, if Origami was a villain/double agent/bad guy, I would be really interested in seeing how Crook reacts to this news, since he seems hell bent on avenging her and whatnot.

2 Likes

Oh I would not want to be there for that :worried:

2 Likes

Then why have her killed off? Surely it would be far better to have a spy who didn’t (seem to) get herself killed…

Like this girl, for example.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that completely trusted Origami? I swear if she turns out to have been evil I’m going to curl up in the corner and :cry:!

You lost me @ParrotWatcher like what girl?

2 Likes