Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

Hey everyone,

I have some polls on Twitter and FB that are open until about 7PM tonight EST (UTC -5). Basically, I am letting one of these four characters (Hedonist, Dirty Girl, Friendzone, or Tress) take over my social media for the month of March. I have complete confidence that any of them could handle these duties, but I decided to let readers choose the winner!

We already have about 100 votes, but it looks to be pretty close at this point! (Damn you FB for not having an easy, 3+ choice poll setup like Twtter)

You can find my Tweet (its the most recent one) here: https://twitter.com/CCH_EricMoser

And my FB post (same thing) here: https://www.facebook.com/Fiction-by-Eric-Moser-Fearless-Heroes-Endless-Thrills-910344002361959/

2 Likes

Dirty Girl has officially taken over my Twitter and FB pages.

This is going to be a long March. I hope my mother is still talking to me by the end of the month.

13 Likes

If I’m being honest I would like to have a moment with Tress and just converse about her wierd inferiority complex that she’s managed to somehow obtain about the MC. It’s even more odd when you’re romancing her, because in my opinion you’re supposed to feel proud for each other’s accomplishments in a relationship. In general, I wish we had more time to talk and get to know the seven better. However, this is only a suggestion and I know how difficult it is to create an entire game from scratch including the stress of tying off a series nicely.

8 Likes

Re: Tress, there is always going to be an underlying current of low key hostility because of the leadership situation, and also because she feels outclassed by her classmates. Oh, and she is also a perfectionist, which is an impossible standard to live up to, so she tends to lash out at others sometimes. None of this will get better in Part 3.

And yes I wish I could devote even more time to social scenes, but the problem is that as the story progresses and the stakes ramp up, spending too much time on purely “fun” scenes works against me by reducing the tension.

Yes, I still need to include social scenes as breathers, but the social interactions will primarily have to be woven into plot-heavy scenes going forward. There’s not much room anymore for “fun for fun’s sake,” as there was in Part 1.

5 Likes

…will her perfectionist thing affect both her and the MC if they’re in a relationship? :thinking:

1 Like

So how do you feel about the social media takeover as the month comes to an end? Was it a worthwhile experiment?

Well, with the mindset that I did it for two reasons:

1. To have fun and “get into character” and
  2. To increase social media engagement with readers

Let’s see how it did.

1. I did indeed have fun, but frankly if I did it again I would create a list of likes/dislikes/catchphrases and a summary of the character’s scenes so I didn’t have to ad lib as much as I did.

2. Here are my FB insights from Nov 2018 to present

Nov 13: 584 reach, 65 engagements
Nov 26: 766 reach, 276 engagements
Nov 28: 781 reach, 112 engagements
Dec 8: 591 reach, 40 engagements
Dec 14: 498 reach, 36 engagements
Jan 8: 591 reach, 114 engagements
Jan 28: 469 reach, 102 engagements
Feb 9: 998 reach, 256 engagements (announced update for CCH3)
Feb 18: 937 reach, 382 engagements (asked readers to vote who would take over my social media)
Feb 20: 642 reach, 114 engagements (announced DG as winner)
Feb 27: 731 reach, 544 engagements (reminded readers takeover starts in 2 days)
March 1: 537 reach, 164 engagements (first DG post)
March 8: 537 reach, 168 engagements (second DG post)
March 14: 551 reach, 117 engagements (third DG post)
March 15: 526 reach, 108 engagements (fourth DG post)
March 22: 572 reach, 140 engagements (fifth DG post)

Soooooo…my takeaway is that there was more excitement about picking a winner than there was about the actual posts, although I will say that many of the DG month engagements are actually posts, not just likes, so there was a good number of questions and comments to respond to (I didn’t even get to all of them).

Would I do it again? Maybe as a run-up to Part 3. It just takes so long to get these games released, I feel I need material to fill the long “down time” between publication dates so readers don’t forget about me.

10 Likes

Tress is still best girl.

Do either @TheGoodRebel or @AAO have a snuff fetish? You might be able to make both happy.

Also, I haven’t commented since there hasn’t really been much to ask for or suggest that’s occurred to me, but this is genuinely the most complete CYOA I have played. It has a good story, interesting setting, an intriguing role for a MC to be in, characters worth caring about (I loved Stunner), and an enjoyable, rewarding progression system.

2 Likes

That’s probably about the biggest compliment someone could give me, so thank you very much!

2 Likes

This is a bit off topic but, did anyone else think of Matthew McConaughey from Surfer Dude after reading Captain California’s description in the first CCH game.

images-7 7

It just hit when i was replaying Trial by Fire recently

7 Likes

So I have an odd question: Was playing book 2 before work today and at the end, there are like 3 or more choice options on different pages for the MC to be like, “Well I’m sure Prestige is gonna send someone else to help.” Is that just a bit of a red herring , or all this time have I been missing different ending stuff?

1 Like

Okay I picked them and there is nothing there. Question answered. But now I have a new problem! I was starting a new game from scratch in the first game, and for some reason, only in apps, I can’t type in the text fields! Ripping my hair out right now. Stupid Kindle. EDIT 2: Woo a factory reset and restored back up worked! Back to CCH!

Hey, I know I’m a little late to the party, but I was wondering what options I should take to maximize my detective’s effectiveness in Books 1 and 2? Thanks.

Do you want an offensive focused detective, defensive focused or balanced one?
That’s my build (balanced):
Book one:
Get a 3.0 average grade both times
Choose to study HELL and Secrets both time
End book one stats:
Pow: 6
Zap: 2
Thud:1
Whoosh: 2
Hmm: 10
Shh: 8
Book 2:
Choose cheerleader mum and kick boxing activity
Choose to improve awareness in the first training and melee combact in the second training
During school trip to Savior go to the library and by all the nanobots ($ 1300)
final stats:
Pow: 9
Zap: 3
Thud: 2
Whoosh: 3
Hmm: 12
Shh: 9
Useful notes: someone may advise choosing both activities of cheerleader mum (final Whoosh stat 4) but I don’t think it’s worth the effort beacuse you will pass just one stat check and the reward is only a little increase in yay (popularity)
The Detective is the only class who can choose any mum archetype because they all have one activity for proper detective stats (pow, hmm and shh) and one for the weak stats

1 Like

Thanks for that. On my last play through I took Breaking People and Things and Defense both times, achieved the upgrade both semesters, took both Cheerleader Mom’s activities and passed on the Savior nanobots. Something about that struck me as odd. I’d thought it be a bad idea to put robots from morally dubious individuals into my system. But back on topic. I was browsing the forum and it seems as though the consensus was to not boost one’s weak stats. Again thanks for taking the time to help.

When the Hedonist asks what city your from, does your choice affect anything or is it just for flavor text? If it does affect things I want to know how, even if it’s kinda spoilery

It changes nothing

Correct. The scene only appears on the one path (of three) so there’s no way I could make it actually affect anything storywise.

3 Likes

just ran into a problem, Got To After the wyvern fight, and it crashed, locked up, and had to uninstall it and reinstall.