Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (closed for now 5/9/16)

How many parts are you planning!?!

I’m planning a trilogy.

It’s funny how books and movies have settled on three as the “right” number of story parts. Two would seem incomplete and four (which Hunger Games and Avengers are basically doing) seems on the long side.

2 Likes

Honestly, it feels like there’s enough content in the Avengers comics (at least the older ones), that they could keep doing Avengers movies for a LOOOONNNNGGGG time. Note: I do not read comics (Im about to read manga instead, starting tomorrow when Black Butler comes in), I just know that there are a lot of comic issues for the Avengers.

This could work, would keep things interesting.

Just put of curiosity, have you decided on wether our power will be determined by our class or action?

i just can’t wait for the game to come out to be honest, this was my first COG book I’ve read and by far my favourite, when is it going to be finished?

2 Likes

I’m keeping things under wraps for now and trying to get momentum going in a private thread.

I’m not sure whether or not I’ll move it to this public thread or not. Oh, and I would LOVE to get it released for Christmas, but that’s going to require very fast progress over the summer.

Oh and thanks for the “by far my favourite” part! Those sorts of comments push me to work harder.

2 Likes

Have you figured out what your going to do with the sharpshooter class?

This is basically an expansion on finding a cache of your dad’s tech or gaining powers but if our powerless protagonist could acquire power armor of super soldier serum or enter a weapon x like program that would be pretty cool.

One suggestion for a power I can think of is psychometabolism. The MC has overt control over all his body’s processes but unlike most people he now has unconscious control over parts that most people normally would not. He can speed up his healing, run adrenaline through his system to make him stronger, make digestion more efficient so he needs less food or secrete endorphin to dull pain for example. However it is a power that can very easily be abused such as serotonin and endorphin as a personal happy drug cocktail, pheromones to become more attractive and using growth hormones to bulk up unnaturally. He’s now above a normal human but not so powerful that he can plow through most opponents.

Aside from that, can we have training sessions that show our MC on the way to becoming a badass? The MC might have more motivation now to truly seek a personal mentor after all.

4 Likes

quick question: are there going to be any new characters? (a simple yes or no will be ok)

1 Like

There will be more characters, though we can’t specify.

ok thanks
(20 characters)

1 Like

A few general things…

Prints will be on sale soon! 1) Part 1’s apple cover, 2) Part I, Issue 1 cover (the color blocks) and 3) the new Dirty Girl/Crook scene. 1) and 2) will be 8.5x11, while 3) will be larger, 11x17. Check FB or communitycollegehero.com for more details in coming days, if you’re interested.

Also, I’m running private testing on Part 2. I’m providing smallish weekly updates. A few folks have apparently lost interest (which I understand since I got nothing done this winter), and so I may need some new testers. Main criteria are that testers provide feedback (at least once per month) and provide quality feedback, meaning instead of just saying, “I don’t like x,” say something like, “I’m not sure x is effective because _____ and ______, but if you included this, _______, that would be more compelling.” Basically offer suggestions on improving the game instead of just pointing out weaknesses with no proffered solutions. Let me know if you fit these criteria and are interested! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hello!
I was wondering if you could grand me the phenomenal oppurtunity to participate as a tester! I wouldn’t mind providing feedback/bug reports in a weekly basis. Its the least i can do to experience a little of the sequel to the saga. I purchased the first part for android, and i do have to say i was intrigue by it. I have always been a fan of choice of games narrative games as they are a both a good read and a imaginative experience. Netherless, i would love the oppurtunity to asstive in the construction of this game. Thanks!
Good luck!

1 Like

Hey, if you still have anymore spots left I’d gladly volunteer to be a beta tester. I had purchased the game before on my tablet but it got damaged and I had to replace it. I’m definitely buying it again towards the end of the week though.

I would like to participate. I may be working on my WIPs, but I find inspiration through reading and being able to provide feedback on other works as well, would help me advance my own thinking/progress. So it’s a win win right? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m interested I’m a huge fan of community college hero and I would love to help

1 Like

Whaaaaat, there are more spots to beta test part 2? Count me in!

1 Like

How do i sign up?! I really need to see how this story ends.

1 Like