Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

I think Tress has some self-esteem problems wich feed her envy toward you.
I would advise Tactician because is the only path that you can use already

3 Likes

Itā€™s cause sheā€™s self centered and attention seeking.

The very first time you meet she shouts ā€œIā€™m Tressā€ even when nobody asked her just to gain attention and she keeps doing that repeatably.
Itā€™s more significant in the second game due to you becoming the leader/challenging her position.

As for the paths, right now the only path that benefits you in this game is the tactician one, the Dr.Stench/Zenith paths will only affect the third game.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never saw things that way, this is interestingā€¦
To me it was always her shield that influenced her state of mindā€¦ Like she was always kinda disconnected from the world, and to some extent from us, her friends. She couldnā€™t feel pain, and touch peopleā€¦ That seems like the kind of things that would make me numb towards the world around meā€¦
And as for the shield loss, Iā€™m not sure cause u could only finish the game once, but she did suffer a nasty hit by X didnā€™t she ? I assumed it was the fact her shield was not strong enough, or something like that, but the way you would explain it makes me wonder

I think her shield broke simply because she took a massive hit from Monstrosity X that was too strong for her shield to absrob. Heā€™s a grade 9 Zenith after all

1 Like

Yepā€¦ Iā€™ll need to thank them for thatā€¦ I got to hug her thanks to thatā€¦ <3

@John_Price the Stoic RO is not very developped but considering her nameā€¦ Is it really that surprising ? I wouldnā€™t say no to a couple more of awkward scenes, but the way it was introduced in this one felt kinda natural, and in accordance to the characterā€¦ The moment where you accept to go with Wyvern, and after the final fight were really sweetā€¦ Iā€™m all for steamy romances but with Stoic that would not have made a lot of sense

2 Likes

Versus (both)
Choice of Robot
Choice of Romance
Silverworld
Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
Fallen Hero:Rebirth
Choice of Rebels
Life of a Wizard
Life of a Mobster
The Lost Heir series.

4 Likes

ā€œOh dear god yes pleaseā€ would literally be my MCā€™s exact words at that arrangement :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just imagine the banter! (and the sexy times. The banter DURING the sexy times! :fire::smirk:)

5 Likes

To be honest in Fallen Hero you donā€™t have a real choice in a lot of parts too.
Mainly you didnā€™t get a choice if you want to be a villain or not and also couldnā€™t say youā€™d like to stop it.

1 Like

It is indeed the one I fear the most as a potential traitor. That is why I was talking about the fact that there could several traitor depending on your choices.
My canon MC did not trust anyone else, so right now any betrayal from someone else would be limited to something they could do in the third oneā€¦ Right now only him and the Mom know about the secret, and I tried to give as little information as possible to the rest of the group.
Also Jacob showed a really ā€œdark sideā€ at the end of book one when he talked about other kids. While it is not a shocking reaction or abnormal, considering what he experienced as a child, it still opens possibilities. Plus his disease and the loss of Origami could give him different justifications for the betrayal. Like a promise of cure, or someone twisting his mind with revenge

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by Villain. The main character (and you) may very well view yourself as a kind of hero, who does what must be done.

The villain/hero binary is over-simplistic anyway. Everyone is the hero of their story, doing what is right in their own eyes.

Granted, there are some things I would rather have had a choice in, like whether I should reveal myself to the world, or simply act in a discreet manner and avoid media attention. shrug.

This is more a discussion for the FH thread, so just quickly: In FH the MC struck me as very aware they are a ā€˜villainā€™ by the standard definition, and they did this on purpose, because of what is going on with ā€˜heroesā€™ and ā€˜villainsā€™ in the setting.

Iā€™ll just quickly add another game then back to the main topic (especially since itā€™s not a Cog /HG game) but 80 days is a really great Choose your own adventure on Android and Apple

1 Like

Iā€™ll just say this:

The MC can also have specific reason for presenting themselves to society as a villain and the story gives you options to make justifications like this (e.g. ā€œvillains have initiative, while heroes must always react, in order to have agency and survive in my world, I must reinvent myself as one who has the initiativeā€).

So I can kind of understand why the MC might not feel like they have truly completed their transformation until the media has beheld them and spoken (or given them) their name. Nevertheless, it would have been better to have the option, it always is.

Since this is the wrong thread, this is all I am going to say about that right now.

You know it just occurs to me after replaying the final fight of CC2 where the Manipulator using the distraction caused by Stoics ā€œattackā€, and Lady Ashes lack of focus, forced the two members of the twelve to retreat via the Zone, thus exposing the MC to the Zone

That the reason that Jacob believes that Origami is still alive may not be solely due to his adolescent crush (The weight of his rather cruel terminal illness, mental stress from nearly being killed and being the cause of Origamiā€™sā€™ fate.) But potentially due to being exposed to the Zone (And a healthy dose of all of the above.)

After all regardless of whether origami is alive or dead, she was still pushing her power to the absolute limit in a near death situation. If there was ever a moment whether someone could potential tap into the wellspring of power that is the Zone it would be then.

Not to mention that his argument is rather logical. Matter can neither be created nor destroyed, but if her power was just moving the bulk of her volume into the Zone temporally, it would make sense from his young and desperate perspective that she was still alive. Though Iā€™m Leaning on the dead side of things as even if the vast majority of her volume was stored safely in the Zone prior to the explosion she still loses her ā€™ for lack of a better word when referring to a 3 dimensional object becoming 2Dsā€™ Shape to the Manipulatorā€™s bomb.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you know youā€™re a villain and there was even an option for the MC to hate themselves and know what theyā€™re doing is wrong, yet there was no option to actually stop it.

There were also no options to not hate Herald, refuse to go with Ortega to help Argent, kill any of the heroes, reveal yourself early and so on

Welcome Mr (or insert salutation of your choice) Moser to the embarrassment of success. :stuck_out_tongue: Succeed as well as you have in these past two installments and expectations for Part 3 will be sky high. No pressure. :slight_smile:

I did enjoy this installment quite a bit although admittedly I seem to have missed a lot of stuff that others have seen. The one part I did find myself not too keen on though was the fact that you could not have a decent grade in Breaking Things unless you were a tactician. It seems rather much like railroading and it does rob the player of some agency. Even quite adept combatants were basically punked because they were not allowed to successfully intervene. Given that the other two ability sets have not even been introduced yet, it does seem a little cheap. As if we were rapped on the wrist for not choosing the ā€œcorrectā€ choice. No other choice or stat mattered after all.

The part I did enjoy immensely are the shades of grey around Saviour and Prestige. Two interpretations of their actions exist and can become canon depending on whose side they are one. The Smarts could be naive idealists who want to give Humanity a chance at a future free of strife and need OR they could be totalitarians who know what is best for you so if you will not change your mind, they will do it for you. All for the Greater Good of course. Mega Cat could be a big believer in discipline, teamwork and esprit de corps OR he could be grooming his personal army, breaking people down and rebuilding them as loyal foot soldiers for his own agenda.

As for suggestions for Issue #3 of Community College Heroes, let me seeā€¦

1. Tacticians should get access to some choice gear, they are ultimately reliant on resourcefulness so might as well put that in the hand of the players. Making sure you are properly paranoid prepared is very in keeping with the flavour of this kind of character as well as its most prominent example, Batman.

2. Dr Stenchā€™s weapons should be both interesting and fun. If it is indeed a full-blown power armour, it should be big, bulky and intimidating. It is a villainā€™s armour after all, if people are afraid of him dead old Dad would have a much easier time on heists. There is a lot of possible fun to be had with this, especially having to identify an eight full tall person in Chaos Marine armour as a hero/heroine. Maybe the team gets together to figure out how the heck to make you more approachable. Like painting the armour pink? As for stench weapons, putricine, thiols and essence of Rafflesia might be where you start and you work your way up. Probably a nozzle that fires gas as a close ranged weapon and some sort of canister launcher for longer ranged shots.

3. Our Zenith power should not be a world beater ability but should be quite versatile. It ideally should be one that requires some ingenuity to use but can yield excellent results. For example the ability to control Inertia at a touch can be really funā€¦ and the physicists are all looking at me in horror arenā€™t they? Another interesting ability is the ability to mess with thermodynamics in your immediate vicinity.

4. Your love interest should backstab you, possibly literally. Mind control is a staple of Silver Age comics, it could make for an interesting set piece. Take for example Tress. You two defeat a big name villain and then one of their compatriots puts the mental whammy on Tress. Their power is to break open the very worst in human nature. It lets out every thought you suppressed or dismissed, every cruel whim that ever crossed your mind fleets through at the same time. You and you alone threaten Tressā€™ much deserved place as leader of the team. Overwhelmed with all of that, she picks up a knife and she shoves it into a shoulder blade. When the villain cackles and runs off, Tress is devastated. She would never do this, not in a million years, without some kind of mental influence. However the impulse was hers. It was all hers. Her hands, her thoughts.

It easily works for other characters of action like Crook. Trying to prevent him from roughing up a suspect makes you every person who ever prevented him from enacting justice because they were too weak to do what must be done. Characters that are more passive might be guilty of inaction. Stoic or Combat Wombat might not block a shot they could have, forcing you to tank a shot you really should not have to.

It makes for drama and allows for a crisis point in your relationship. You can have Stoic all but immobile for days as she holds your hand in your hospital bed as you work through the coma. Crook disappearing into a bottle until an intervention by your friends pulls him out again.

You open your eyes, feeling a dreadful weakness through your limbs. The faint warmth of a hand rests in yours. Turning your head feels like a Herculean feat but it was worth it to see Stoic gazing impassively at you. You can barely feel her fingers intertwined with yours but even your blurry eyes can see that Stoicā€™s eyes are red rimmed.

ā€œHave you been crying?ā€

ā€œNo,ā€ she answers with a perfect deadpan tone.

Huh, this was the first time your sort of girlfriend had ever blatantly lied to your face.

1. Personal training from a Professor, we are going into our graduating year arenā€™t we? Time to pick up some tricks of the trade.

2. Time to pick a new moniker. You have graduated to a new level and you might want your name to reflect that. It is the name you will bear as an adult hero after all. Mom should slap you silly if you decide to call yourself ā€œSon of Stenchā€ though. The name works even if you are a girl if the armour is bulky enough and contains a voice changer. If you want a secret secret identity, the Malodorous Armour might prove useful if it disguises you enough. Who knew that the new armoured villain was actually a fledgling hero/heroine?

11 Likes

Dirty Girl will never betray me.

Picks up audio recorder

Note to self: Incorporate Gas Mask into costume.

13 Likes

A lot of really good points, the betrayal under the influence of Deviant for exemple could be nice.
For the powers I would tend to agree with the fact that they should be very powerful but would need a correct set up to work, to keep things balanced while letting you have a potential impact on things. Iā€™m actually not a fan of the power route (Iā€™ll do it of course but what I liked most about this serie is the fact that you donā€™t have powers in a world superhero and supervillain) so I believe I should let those with high expectations for this route give their suggestions.
As for a route I do have expectations for (aside from the classic tactician) I hope weā€™ll have a chance to choose the look of the armor, since it isnā€™t something that requires a lot of content m, maumybe some flavor comments here and there, like in Fallen Hero but with less or no impact on the stats. I really dislike big bulky armors :sweat_smile:
As for the training Iā€™m happy to see that more and more people ask for it, in case Eric didnā€™t plan to go through with it in the first place.
And the Stoic scene was spot on. Congratulations to you sir.

4 Likes

If weā€™re guaranteed to die Iā€™m probably going to pull a Majin Vegeta and knock out Dirty Girl and lock her in a broom closet while i go face my inevitable death.

3 Likes

About the Zenith powers, I think thereā€™s been talk in the forum before this one that your power is supposedly you being able to ā€œdepowerā€ anyone you touched. As for the moniker change, I agree with this 100%! Iā€™d like to be able to drop the ā€œCaptainā€ part from the name Dirty Girl gave us. Powerless just sounds more professional than having captain in it.

2 Likes