Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

I also suspected Stoic for a bit, especially due to few of the scenes in the first game where she kinda didn’t out right participate in the discussions about what to do about The Manipulator, but for someone who didn’t “care,” she was always kinda in the vicinity of the discussions to which she could hear what they were saying.

But Jacob really makes me suspect. Maybe because I’m not accustomed to having anything good in my life and if there were more Jacob scenes, I would probably see him as a son and think less that he was trying to betray me. But even when the scene came where we visited him before leaving to go to the Farm, where we had the option to tell him about our history. Just seemed suspect to me. That being said, I couldn’t leave a kid hanging like that and I gave him a taste of CP’s origin.

And I tried hacking her computer, but I either picked the wrong password, because Imma have to try again and pick the only one I didn’t pick, “Mega Cat.” Or you need to be a Detective, and in that case, I’ll just have to load my detective save and try again. Especially with Nil’s warning and the sudden decision to “partner” with Prestige, even though we’ve never received any direct help from them, and their only known interaction in the school was sending Nil to “spy” on us and then recruiting Downfall who tried to kill the lot of us. Plus, the fact that we couldn’t sit in on her meeting with Mega Kitten, also added to it. But I really don’t see the Dean selling us out, I only see her with ulterior motives. My money’s still on either Jacob, Captain Cal, “ehhh” on Stoic and Stunner because we didn’t get along and I’m biased lol.

Hard for him to spy when he’s dead lol

Well i never got him killed to my knowledge. And knowledge is power so i made up an excuse for him. Jacob would be a terrible spy though. Origami, Stoic, and CP we’re the only ones who visited him. Not exactly a great source of information.

I never got him killed either, but what I’m saying is, it wouldn’t make much sense to write in a spy, only to give an option to kill him off in the second book without even revealing his spyfulness.

And we didn’t know that Stoic visited Jacob until the second book, so who’s to tell who else has graced the bedside of our little degenerative. Plus, Jacob being the spy would probably imply some sort of shapeshifting super power or such, and it’s actually some villian the Dozen put in for the long con.

Thank you for expressing my thoughts far better than I could’ve! I totally agree.

1 Like

Just have to say, it’s extremely gratifying playing a sniper named Bullseye, since every accuracy success seems to start with “Bullseye!”

3 Likes

You can also have to ignore mum’s text. If you decide not to throw Crook under the bus and use the safe answer, you’ll still get a B. I experienced a bug where the game treated the B like an A and I got a 4.0.

For my fellow Detectives, how much Whoosh is needed to avoid being thrashed too thoroughly in part II?

@Ponku I’m very very very slow to reply but yes, as others said, it hasn’t really been addressed.

Don't wanna break the topic lmao

There wasn’t a choice to call him out on his sexual advances. There was just letting him die, pretty much. So you’d be disappointed on that front I’m afraid. But also, there are considerably less interactions with him than in the first game. So you don’t have to deal with him hitting on you. Which feels a lot less creepy imo. (Then again with all the villains and fights… who would have time for that.) For me personally, I didn’t want to confront him about what he’s done. It’s just that I could do without talking about sexual abuse to a sexual abuser, you know? For me, I saw no point convincing a grown man that Maybe he Shouldn’t have done what he did. In my mind (and my character’s) he’s irredeemable on that part. So I was happy with the petty revenge, he can’t hurt anyone when he’s dead after all. But I agree that there should be a choice for players about how their characters feel toward him and what they’ll do about it. Shouldn’t just be a passive disdain ‘man i don’t like him!’, but a choice to actively calling him out and perhaps even get him accounted for. If there’ll be a choice for Hedonist’s pets, it’d only be fair that Hedonist Haters get 'em as well. :grin:

@VelvetDivine I think it has to be pretty high, like in the wyvern’s fight you could be fine with more than 3 or so Whoosh, but you’d still get hurt :weary:.

edit: typo

2 Likes

“I’ll never forget you”

Months later
“You remember Hedonist?”
“Who could forget that jackass?”

My MC, giving a speech for him or smth: Professor Hedonist was just like everything I expected him to be, terrible in every ways. Rest in piss homeboy.

5 Likes

just wondering about the stoic relationship?? I went for her but I don’t know if I did it right? Like the only thing was going for burgers in the beginning that was it… did i do something wrong? And theres like no interaction…

You type this up, @Lechercraft , and you don’t write rest in pieces?
I’m disappointed.

Edit: back on maintopic: found a tiny continuity error concerning Hedy:

if he stays and dies, asking about how the battle in st louis went down the second part (after noting which hero/es have been there and the estimated deathcount) of it will treat things as if he’s been there.

1 Like

Finally finished my first playthrough of book 2, thought it was great! I liked how it was easier to figure out how to be successful by just sticking to my archetype.

Two quick questions: Are all the ROs bi? I mean, if I play a boy MC, will there be guys I can’t flirt with?

And two, what’s the correct way to handle the pugs? Must save the doggos.

1 Like

I have to be careful with this discussion because it can trigger me. I’m going to hide the body of my post, so those that wish to stay away from this often circular topic can do so.

Body of Post

A professor taking liberties with familiarity as Hedonist does in part one can trigger responses in their students. What to you may be an innocent compliment might seem to another as an exceedingly clear threat or reminder putting the target back into a place of vulnerability.

As you know, Tress has a secret of a nature that many in America’s Bible-Belt would deem scandalous - scandalous enough to cause unintended consequences.

Putting two and two together (with the additional knowledge of her past history already being known to those in positions of power) she is reacting as she expects him to know her secret or perhaps a darker unrevealed related secret.

What seemed silly and improper to you seems natural and normal and visa versa in this situation. Also, Hedonist in episode one is one of those teachers that friends warn each other about - Mob’s shoulder rubs in public may not be the only indicators seen prior and if you draw the attention of a professor you do not want to draw attention from then it can cause stress, fear and worse to be experienced.

I am not claiming to know the mind of @Eric_Moser when he was writing Hedonist original but I am very thankful that he reworked Hedonist into what he is in part 2.

At the end of part one, originally, I would have switched allegiances from the hero side to the villain side if it meant I could destroy Hedonist.

After part two, I can see a possible RO being enabled once the Professor-student relationship is non-existent. I still think it is wrong in many ways to pursue such a relationship prior to the student-professor relationship being dissolved but I no longer see the predator I saw in episode one.

I’ve said my piece on this topic and I will leave it here - everyone can return to their normal convo now.

Even though you may not be able to understand my position, all I ask is that you respect me taking it.

16 Likes

We can save Hedo if he stays? I always sent him to help California lol

No, he always gets killed if he stays

2 Likes

Can you please give me some of the game name?, i really want to play it

@MeltingPenguins Darnit! I missed the obvious joke of all time! I have failed y’all…

@John_Price This is what Eric said back then regarding Stoic RO

3 Likes

Yes, they’re all bi. You can flirt with any male RO as a guy.

My relationship with tress is really high but still she frowns or is displeased whenever I do something really good and my character is loyal to the group. Is there any reason for it?Btw which path should I choose Dr.Stench path or Tactician path ? which is favourable for maintaining both the relationships and as well as the positive outcome?

1 Like